Your favourite game from each Playstation console

Godo Fwar

PS1:  Suikoden 2.  It's close with this and Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, but Suikoden 2.

PS2:  Metal Gear Solid 2.  My favorite of the series and the first game I can remember plaything through again on all the difficulty settings (had to get all those dogtags cause I wanted that blue wig on my save file).

PS3:  The Last of Us.  Beat out Suikoden 2 to become my favorite game.

PS4:  There's a few games that are in my backlog that I haven't got to yet where I'm just going to hold off on them until I get a PS5.  That being said, I've played most of them, and I'd go with Final Fantasy 7 Remake.  It's close between it and The Witcher 3, but in the end I think I'd go with Final Fantasy because of the quality of the boss fights.

• Like 1

PS1- Chrono Cross

Never got around to playing Chrono Trigger, but this entry seemed pretty accessible to me at the time and playing through it felt like a unique experience. The game setup is a little vast and confusing, but I felt like I had fun with it. The story and characters were also pretty intriguing too.

PS2- Silent Hill 2

I believe this is the game that got me into SH and horror games in general. Just think it's a classic.

PS3- NieR

Had heard this was a cult favorite and decided to buy it without seeing too much of it and holy shit I was just charmed by its aesthetic, details, music, and Yoko Taro's brand of storytelling.

PS4- Yakuza 0

Yakuza is one of my fav series and this prequel entry is one of the best games in it. Yakuza games are always so great with their details and the '80s throwback was so fun! Origin story of how Kiryu started out, along with the greatest BAMF around: Majima. Damn, those dudes are just awesome.

PSP- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

FFVII is a classic title and I liked it, but this felt more enjoyable to me as it's a prequel to the main story and stars the best boi around, Zack Fair. The GacktGenesis stuff is a bit silly, but what can you do.

PSV- Persona 4 Golden

P4 vanilla is one of my PS2 favs, but this upgraded version was just great. Always have fun replaying this~

Hmm, a lot of JRPGs lol. Don't seem to play those lately though...

Edited by Bittersweet
  • Like 3

Playstation

Twisted Metal 2 - put a lot of hours into this game and would like to see a new title on the playstation 5.

Other games to note - destruction derby, resident evil, intelligent qube, pandemonium and wild 9.

Playstation 3

God of war 3 - managed to stretch out so much from the ps3 this title looked and played great.

Other games to note - infamous, heavy rain, playstation battle royale, uncharted 2 and wipeout hd fury.

Playstation 4

Horizon Zero Dawn - great story, characters, graphics etc, previous forum I was on had people play this that only played fifa, cod etc and loved this also.

Other games to note - uncharted 4, killing floor 2, gran turismo sport, infamous second son and resogun.

This is hard because they all had so many classics

bcdff685173aa35ec36bb63d68f034fd.png

Final Fantasy VIII

Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg

ul_0Fumyk6g6Fp8uaGsoCG_Gn587Jpjon6_6y-ij

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 

Metalgear2boxart.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Uncharted 2

61bfoo-Z9cL._SX425_.jpg

sony-ps4-logo-playstation-4-logo.jpg

Resident Evil 2:Remake

550x696.jpg

psvita-logo.jpg

Persona 4 Golden 

81XTUUbY8KL._SL1476_.jpg

CO7j59fU8AAGfoV.png

Eagle Flight

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1513616534

This was really tough, maybe a top 3 or 5 next time ><

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 4

PS1: Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped: i loved this game a lot, I played all the CB games and this was my favourite. 

PS2: FFX-2: By far my favourite Final Fantasy and am proud to have gotten 100% as a 12 year old kid but with multiple playthroughs. I enjoyed discovering new things I had missed with each playthrough, and the battle system was great.

PS3: Tales of Vesperia- my favourite tales game, i platinumed it twice as well (once on my old account and again on this one). It was a very satisfying yet long game. I loved the characters. 

PS4: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 remix- although this is a remake, I'm a fan of KH and this brought back memories. BBS was my favourite out of the lot. 

PSP: I only played FF Type 0 on this, which I didn't like that much but it's my only option to choose from. 

PS Vita: I just play Japanese otome games on this so it's unlikely anyone would know any of the games I like. My favourite was Amnesia Later x Crowd, and V Edition. As for mainstream titles, it would be the FFX/X-2 HD remaster

Because I have a lot of weird ones where I played them on multiple consoles, I'm running with what I originally played them on to know what they count as for favorites so I'm not torn between what to say a multiplatform one belongs to.

PS1: Suikoden 2

PS2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant

PSP: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC

Vita: Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

PS3: NieR

PS4: Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki

Since some of these were some hard picks, here's a few honorable mentions:

PS1: Suikoden, Arc the Lad 3

PS2: Xenosaga Episode 3, Tales of the Abyss

PSP: Ys Seven, Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion, Talles of Eternia

Vita: Tales of Hearts R, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

No honorable mentions for PS3 and PS4.  Those picks were a piece of cake for me.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Very Hard to pick the best out of so many good games...

Psx: Parasite Eve

Ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant

Ps3: Catherine

Ps4: Bloodborne

PsV: Persona 4 Golden

*Honorable Mentions*

Psx: Soul Blade, Silent Hill, Vandal Hearts, Alundra

Ps2: Yakuza, Persona 3 FES, R-Type Final, Phantom Brave

Ps3: Binary Domain, Demon's Souls, Caladrius Blaze, Yakuza 4

Ps4: Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, Yakuza 0, Persona 5

PsV: Muramasa Rebirth, Söldner X2, Downwell, Geometry wars 

PS1: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

PS2: Bully (Tough choice, but definitely my favorite game while the console was relevant. Wish we could get a sequel.)

PS3: The Last of Us (Runner-Up: Bioshock Infinite)

PS4: Bloodborne

PSP: Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (Runner Up: Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions)

PSVita: Persona 4 Golden (Runner Up: Trails of Cold Steel)

PlayStation - Silent Hill

PlayStation 2 - Silent Hill 2

PlayStation 3 - The Last of Us

PlayStation 4 - The Last of Us part II

PlayStation Portable - Gran Turismo

PlayStation Vita - Silent Hill Book of Memories, it is not that great, but unfortunately nothing really to pick from.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

PS!    Medal of Honor                                played this so much trying to get all the medals

PS2   Syphon Filter The Omega Strain     great times in co-op

PS3   Max Payne 3                                   this story and the ones for 1 and 2 were my favorites of all time

PS4   Resident Evil 6                                guilty pleasure, just fun trying to do the missions different ways