Your favourite game from each Playstation console

Godo Fwar

PS1: Resident Evil 1

Because it's the only game I played on it. But even then it's a really good and atmospheric game. Especially when I played it with my brother without a memory card. We tried to beat it but always ended up dying. One time we got really far but we got so nervous and scared that we stopped playing and watched the rest of the game on Youtube.

PS2: Sly Cooper 2: Band of thieves

It was a really close one with Kingdom Hearts 2, but Sly 2 was in Dutch so I could understand the story as a kid. I got this as a present for Sinterklaas (a Belgium version of Christmas) and loved the box art. But man the game was awesome but I could never beat the last boss. Even when I replayed the game last year I had a hard time with the last boss. After my first playtrough I always played the game again with my brother, each taking turns in completing a mission. I really loved the mission debriefings and I always used MS Paint to mimic them. I'm really sad that after my last playthrough of the game the game ended up being corrupt.

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Granted I have not played a lot of PS3 games but this is such a fun game and is in my opinion the second best Sly Cooper game. I really tought I was not going to like this one but I was genuine surprised by it. I liked all the hub worlds and all the characters. It also has a good story. I'm really dissapointed we didn't get a Sly 5 on the PS4 or just a whole remaster of the series. 

PS4: Life is Strange

This game has such a fantastic story and great characters. It has also some really nice set pieces. Music is great to. I always tought that it was just a story about taking photographs. Man was I in for a rollercoaster. This is problably my second favourite game, my favourite is Dust an Elysian Tail but I played it on the Xbox 360 so it could'nt make this list.

I still have a lot of Playstation games to go trough, so this all could change. But in all honestly, you cannot replace the great memories of playing these games. 

• Like 4

PS1 - Spyro 2: Riptos Rage. i'm a huge platformer junkie at the time and this game have catch my full attention on the ps1.

PS2 - Dark Cloud. this is my most played game on the ps2, looking at it nowdays it's heavily outdated but personally i never get bored of it at all, i bought the ps4 emulation port and made the gameplay time to freeze at 99.59.59 hours. 

PS3 - The Last of Us. something very special in this game made it addicting to play over and over and the online mode when i played it back then was very fun, i can't believe all of this been flushed down the toilet, thank you very much Neil Drunkmann ?

PS4 - it's between God of War or Ni no Kuni 2. for GOW it's seriously the most fun game i ever played this gen, i enjoyed exploring the unknown sailing from an island to another with Boi.

as for NNK2 it's the only game that i sunk 360 hour on alone this entire gen ( before my ps4 HDD ran into an issue wiping all of my stuff ), i never clocked this much hours on a ps4 game other than this, the dreamer maze dungeons on the highest difficulty possible with danger level 5 add some rush of blood tension to me, i played this back to back with GOW so it explain why i had to chose one of these two. 

PSP - never owned one since i'm not into handheld gaming, but judging from PSP games upscaled to ps2 that i played on ps2 i had to chose Siphon Filter: Logan's Shadows.

PSVita - never owned one since i'm not into handheld gaming, but judging from Vita games that got remastered for the ps4 that i played on ps4 i had to chose Gravity Rush.

PSVR - no comments. need to play the thing myself to judge. 

• Like 1

PS1 - Gran Turismo 2/Toy Story Racer

PS2 - MetropolisMania/Road Trip Adventure (also known as Choro Q HG 2)

PSP - All the Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force Games (I wanted them all remastered for PS Vita)

PS3 - Call of Duty Black Ops or Bioshock Infinite

PS4 - Spider-Man 

Edited by Madara Uchiha
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

A bit of a necro, but I'm not going to sweat it.

PS1 - Twisted Metal 2

PS2 - Urban Chaos: Riot Response

PS3 - Dead Space 2

PS4 - Horizon: Zero Dawn

PSP - Medal of Honor: Heroes

Vita - Killzone: Mercenary

Full disclosure: My experience with Sony handhelds is extremely limited. Still a lot of games I need to try.

• Like 1

PS1: Metal Gear Solid

PS2: Resident Evil 4

PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

PS4: Overwatch

PSP: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden

PSVR: Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Choosing my favorite games from PS1 & PS2 era were the hardest for me since there are too many to pick from, the rest were straightforward.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 2

I'll put some honorable mentions (HM) too:

PS1: Tenchu 2: Birth of the Silent Assassins

HM: Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2, Tekken 3, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

PS2: Okami

HM: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Burnout 3: Takedown, Bully (Canis Canem Edit), The Warriors, Resident Evil 4.

PS3: The Last of Us

HM: Ni no Kuni: Wreath of the White Witch, Grand Theft Auto IV, Far Cry 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Red Dead Redemption.

PS4: Marvel's Spider-Man

HM: God of War, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Injustice 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2, Mad Max.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...