Godo Fwar

Some of these have aged but at the time of release, these were the best:

PS1: Xenogears

PS2: Shadow of the Colossus

PS3: Demon's Souls

PS4: Bloodborne

PSP: God of War: Ghost of Sparta

PS Vita: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

PS VR (technically not a separate console but it has its own unique games and a rather large library of its own): Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

Wow this is hard, just one game.... I can't think of a favourite PS3, or PS4 or Vita game since I am still playing them, and plus so many games are multi-platform now I might have played a conversion of a game first released on another system, if that makes any sense.

PS1: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid

PS2: Grand Theft Auto III, Dynasty Warriors 3  (Honourable mention goes to  Resident Evil 4 but I rate this as a Gamecube game, especially since I played it on Gamecube first)

so far...

PS3: Musou Orochi Z, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6

PS4: Samurai Warriors 4

PS VR  Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I'm trying to go with non-remaster list if possible, but some of these are going to be very close calls:

PSX: Metal Gear Solid   (Runner ups: Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3)

PS2: Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria     (Runner ups: Star Ocean 3 Till the End of Time, Suikoden V)

PSP: Trails in the Sky SC     (Runner ups: Valkyria Chronicles 3 Extra Edition, Zero no Kiseki)

PS3: Valkyria Chronicles     (Runner ups: Atelier Meruru, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots)

PSVita: Ys - Memories of Celceta     (Runner up: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus)

PS4: Senran Kagura Estival Versus     (Runner ups: Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, New Sakura Wars)

Also I'd like to give an honorary mention to rereleases such as: "Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions", "Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age", "Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth" and "hack//G.U. Last Recode". There's no shortage of great games on these systems, but I realized my Vita library is in a terrible state.

• Like 1

PS1 - Crash Bandicoot 2

PS2 - Final Fantasy X

PS3 - Mass Effect 2

PS4 - Horizon Zero Dawn

PSP - Persona 3 Portable

PS Vita - Muramasa Rebirth

I think... there's definitely some answers that would change depending on my mood, but they're all definitely up there!

PS1: Theme Park World

PS2: Ape Escape 3

PS3: Blur

PS4: Rocket League / Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled / Atelier Lydie & Suelle (Yeah, it's Rocket League, but I wanted to mention the other two ahah)

PSP: Didn't play it enough to have a favorite, but maybe Gran Turismo?

PS Vita: Zero Time Dilemma

• 1 month later...

This is really difficult but I'll give it a shot regardless!

PS1: Final Fantasy VII

PS2: Capcom vs. SNK 2

PS3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PS4: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

PS5: -

PSP: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

Don't own a PS5 yet! :P

• Like 1

PS1: Crash Bandicoot

PS2: GTA San Andreas / Resident Evil 4

PS3: Little Big Planet 1

PS4: Can't decide

Too many good games but not one that marked my life or makes on me those feelings that I can have when I think about those games in the other consoles. 

PS5: Shame still don't have

PSP: Agent Clank

PS Vita: Gravity Rush / Teraway

PS1: Silent Hill / Metal Gear Solid / Spyro 2 - Definitely the hardest one for me, I really can't pick just one because there's so many games from this console that I absolutely adore, so I'm gonna have to settle on these 3. The Spyro trilogy still remains some of my favourite 3D platformers to this day, I was ecstatic when they announced the remakes. I'd say the 2nd game is my favourite, though 3 is very close as well. Metal Gear Solid was my introduction to stealth games, and more "weeby" games in general. I remember being pretty hooked on the story in my early teens despite how ridiculous it was. And Silent Hill was the first horror game I played that genuinely made me feel uncomfortable. I played Resident Evil 1 before it, but never found it particularly scary. Silent Hill on the other hand genuinely gave me chills, and I still hope for a good remake or re-imagining of it (Shattered Memories sadly was not it).

PS2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Another very hard one, but a little easier to narrow down. Covenant was such a joy to play, with interesting gameplay mechanics, and a storyline and characters that actually got me invested, despite how it often didn't take itself very seriously. Such a pity this series died. Honourable mentions go to Okami, MGS3 and SMT 3: Nocturne.

PS3: Dark Souls - Took me a while to really get into this, but I was hooked once I did. Dark Souls 1 still remains my favourite in the series, followed closely by Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

PS4: Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal - There's definitely some improvements and welcome additions to Royal, but there's also a lot that feels kinda tacked on and out of place, so it's hard for me to pick which one of the two I prefer. Vanilla P5 was definitely a lot more enjoyable to platinum at least, since I was basically forced to 100% it. I didn't have to for Royal, but mostly still 100%ed it anyway (didn't bother with the demon compendium again though), just because I enjoyed it enough to.

PSP: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions / Persona 2: Innocent Sin - I know a lot of people don't like the PSP version of FFT, but it was my first chance to ever play it given the original PS1 version never released here in Europe. As such, I can't say I was really bothered by the slowdowns or drop in audio quality, since I didn't have any frame of reference to compare it to. Great game, great art with an interesting story and very addictive gameplay. Why this series hasn't had a new entry since the DS is a mystery to me, but hopefully Triangle Strategy scratches that itch somewhat.

And as for P2:IS, it's probably my favourite Persona game in terms of its story. Really makes me wish the newer Persona games kept Philemon and Nyarlathotep around, as I really like the themes and philosophies surrounding them. At least there's still little hints to them if nothing else, I recognised Nyarlatotep's theme playing at one point in Persona 5 as well. I think this game and Eternal Punishment could definitely be remade into a modern Persona, but I'm not putting much hope in Atlus to ever do that. I at least wish they ported the PSP remake of EP because it was admittedly kinda painful going from Innocent Sin on the PSP to a PS1 game afterwards. The QQL improvements that I took for granted in IS were very apparently lacking in EP.

PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden / House in Fata Morgana - I don't really want to pick another MegaTen/Persona game (even though I do very much love the series), and Golden is another case of "I like x addition, but not so much y addition", but either way, it still remains very dear to my heart so it'd also feel like a crime to myself to not include it. House in Fata Morgana though is one of the best stories I've read, and definitely my favourite VN. It's not perfect, but that's often part of the charm. It's one of the stories I wish more people could experience, but I know many won't because it's a VN. Would be amazing if they ever developed it into more of a "standard" game, like an RPG or "interactive movie" (e.g. Telltale/Quantic Dream), to introduce it to a wider audience, but there's a lot of things that I don't see really working without some kind of VN element.

• Like 1