Rumor: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered set for 13/11/2020

So there is a Czech gaming eshop that has opened pre-orders for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit remastered. Now you might think well that looks fake but this website has previously has pre-orders for other EA games like Need for Speed Payback before it was announced.

0k4rrae3uco51.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=a35bd37ca430c694911e3bb2a33ae8c4dc2d8417

• Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

It's inevitable, the next EA games are this remaster and Mass Effect Trilogy. Too many clues.

I mean, I'm not angry if we get this remaster because it was a great game. They can most likely do it as well because they own most or all of the licences

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Yes, this has been announced before, there are a few threads around theses forums with the same topic.

I did not enjoy this one and bailed on it on PS3, the whole cops/racers gadget techs is just not much fun.  I also did not like Rivals.

Sorry didn't know, I just looked in the PS3 games forums and saw no one mentioned it

1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

would love need for speed underground 1 and 2

I've been waiting for like a decade for this remaster collection.

Guess it will never happen, at least those 2 games still run awesomely on PC, however having this plat would be nice.

I feel like the only person that had a serious issue with this game on PS3 back in the day. I couldn't enjoy it because the driving felt like you were constantly being pulled to a wall like a magnet. Couldn't play it anymore so I never finished it. 

Need for Speed just hasn't been great since Carbon for me (haven't played Heat yet though). I miss the PS2 days of this franchise. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

I feel like the only person that had a serious issue with this game on PS3 back in the day. I couldn't enjoy it because the driving felt like you were constantly being pulled to a wall like a magnet. Couldn't play it anymore so I never finished it. 

Need for Speed just hasn't been great since Carbon for me (haven't played Heat yet though). I miss the PS2 days of this franchise. 

I agree but to me Prostreet was the last great one but Hot Pursuit imo is the Criterion NFS and The Run comes just after

Happy to see the best NFS title of this past generation is getting a proper remaster. Be sure to pick this one out, it's quite an awesome racer that evokes what the originals NFS games were all about.

Now, what EA needs to do is an NFS Classic Age Collection, including stuff like Hot Pursuit (1998), High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed, and II SE. That'd be sweet.

They also need to do an NFS Golden Age Collection including Underground 1, 2 & Most Wanted. Maybe throw in Carbon in as well for good measure.

My guess is that getting the licenses for all those soundtracks and vehicle models is probably a little too difficult for them. Which is a shame, because I'd love to play all these games again in HD and with trophy support. All those titles were a big part of both my childhood and my teenage years. ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The topic can be renamed. Game will be announced today at 5pm CEST and several retailers listed it for november 6. It's pretty certain that it will indeed be Hot Pursuit remastered. Website says something like "Take on the Pursuit".

More Information will be available here: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/need-for-speed/510

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

Hmm. While I'm glad that Hot Pursuit will be receiving the remastered treatment, Underground 2 may have been a more obvious choice due to its past and still-existent popularity. Who knows? Maybe it's next in line.

The licences I believe last 10 years so it makes sense for them to use the current licences on the last year of current gen for a remaster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madara Uchiha said:

The licences I believe last 10 years so it makes sense for them to use the current licences on the last year of current gen for a remaster

yeah. HP being a last gen game and not ps2 makes it easier to simply remaster it. Underground 2 must get a remaster from the ground up to make it look like a recent game. Most Wanted 2005 would have been a good choice. There was a leap from Underground 2 (2004) to Most Wanted (2005) because MW2005 actually came out on Xbox360 at least. Underground 2 and Most Wanted would have been the fan favorites, but Hot Pursuit was definitely one of the best or the best Need for Speed on PS3 for sure.

• Like 1