PS3 banned ???

JorjYogurt

I've recently (yesterday) bought a playstation 3 super slim second hand, it came with no wires so i had to order some, today i tried to connect with my PSN account to install my stuff and all that but i got a message saying My System Is Banned, i didn't do anything weird to it like modding or anything against the rules since i haven't even used it till now so i'm sure it's the fault of the person i bought it from, i was wondering it it's anything i can do to be unbanned, i have no clue if the console was modded or not as it doesn't seem to have any weird apps on it

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, EpicYogurtGamer said:

I've recently (yesterday) bought a playstation 3 super slim second hand, it came with no wires so i had to order some, today i tried to connect with my PSN account to install my stuff and all that but i got a message saying My System Is Banned, i didn't do anything weird to it like modding or anything against the rules since i haven't even used it till now so i'm sure it's the fault of the person i bought it from, i was wondering it it's anything i can do to be unbanned, i have no clue if the console was modded or not as it doesn't seem to have any weird apps on it

did you buy it from a store or a random dude? as if you can try and make a blank id and if it is banned on that system too try and bring it back to the store with the proof of you buying it to get your money back or at the very least get another ps3 to replace it as it might be the console dude

• Like 1

Just now, dcdfan said:

Frankly I wouldn't bother with Sony support, rather try to return it and get another one somewhere else...

I will talk with the person that i got it from but i doubt he will even take it back , either way i appreciate the answer

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

did you buy it from a store or a random dude? as if you can try and make a blank id and if it is banned on that system too try and bring it back to the store with the proof of you buying it to get your money back or at the very least get another ps3 to replace it as it might be the console dude

Random dude sadly

• Like 1

If you got the console dirt cheap from him, you now know why. From what I've read, console bans are most likely because the system has been modded in some way, so in that case it will be unlikely that Sony will un-ban it, even if you have un-modded it first..

• Like 1

It didn't come with any cables (the one to charge the controller and the one to actually start the console) so maybe that's why, I messaged him and I hope I'll get a response from him soon, thank you for the responses, In case i can get this situation fixed somehow (like returning it) i'll reply back

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

then all I can say dude is try and find a way to sell it and get another console, worse case you could use this ps3 as extra parts for your newer one, like if it needs a new shell/ cover and so on.

I'll see what i can do, I doubt I'll be able to return It so hopefully it turns out fine

1 hour ago, EpicYogurtGamer said:

Maybe it is modded already and that's why is banned?  (no clue if Sony is actually doing that). Check the version of system firmware.
(or was and they restored the OFW).

Edited by Smashero

27 minutes ago, EpicYogurtGamer said:

I will talk with the person that i got it from but i doubt he will even take it back , either way i appreciate the answer

Random dude sadly

Then this dude messed with the machine and they can tell or his account itself got banned it it thinks your the same person, best to dump it and buy one from a retailer [ preferably with a 500G hard disk as anything else will not have enough for games], cannot be very much now price wise. 

Just now, JoesusHCrust said:

I think that's a really bad attitude. You know it doesn't work, you know it's essentially junk so you sell it on, despite knowing that the person who buys it will be buying something that is broken. That's straight up fraud. Basically stealing someone's money through deception (unless of course you tell them it's broken before they buy it, but then why would they buy it?). To the original poster, please don't sell it on! Think how you feel having been ripped off, don't do it to someone else!! :)

Yeah you're right about that, if i can't return i might as well keep it and see what i can do with it eventually, don't want someone else to get mad over it like i did

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I think that's a really bad attitude. You know it doesn't work, you know it's essentially junk so you sell it on, despite knowing that the person who buys it will be buying something that is broken. That's straight up fraud. Basically stealing someone's money through deception (unless of course you tell them it's broken before they buy it, but then why would they buy it?). To the original poster, please don't sell it on! Think how you feel having been ripped off, don't do it to someone else!! :)

Is it broken? I thought it just can't get on PSN. If they sell it transparently as a PSN banned console, it can still play hundreds (thousands??) of physical PS3 and PS1 games. It still has a lot of use for someone who would be interested in that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

not really the parts of the console are not worthless as people who work in stores can buy that off of you, as the ps3 tech is very good and people who want to have the fat boy ps3 can use parts of the slim for their fatboy one. and the one am talking about is the one that can play ps1 2 and 3 games on it. and anyways he can sell and say it is jailbroken or something on them lines as people are out there who don't care about the ps3's online

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

then all I can say dude is try and find a way to sell it and get another console, worse case you could use this ps3 as extra parts for your newer one, like if it needs a new shell/ cover and so on.

Your tip is to sell a Ps3 that doesnt work, are you insane? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Your tip is to sell a Ps3 that doesnt work, are you insane? 

if you had read what the og poster said, they said that going online is a no go due to it being banned. some people are out there are willing to pay just for a jail broken ps3 or just a ps3 in general to mess about with or just for parts. the console I take from what they said works fine just can't go online and if that is the case then them parts are open just say up front the problems and so on. if you still think of me as "insane" then I would like to show you a ebay and amazon lists for parts for both ps3 and jail broken ps3s

we need a little more info on this

do you have another ps3 you can try your account on to see if it logs in? one time sony temp banned me for cussing in a game (the chat in twisted metal that you could type in), i called sony and said it was my son and the guy said i'll be unbanned in a day with a warning and i apologized. so what im getting at is, is the system itself banned (which i never heard of) or is your account banned? because if its your account then its going to happen no matter where you login and you prob have to call them and find out exactly why you were banned. they will know. they had my entire transcript from the game i was in that he halfway read to me and danced around the bad words lol.

try formatting the system and wiping it out completely and seeing if that works. this will get rid of any crap the previous owner put on it if its software

look at the lid, is the seal broken? there should be some silver tape where they took the screw out and opened it up so you can see if there is any physical hardware modding

i know my friend modded his xbox whichever was out when ps3 came out (i dont follow xbox and there names confuse me). and he go not only his friends xbox banned, but also his dads banned for modding. the way they found out was basically each xbox has its own serial similar to computers having their own ip. so the seril assigned to those xboxes couldnt work no matter what name was on them because xbox detected they were modded somehow. his dad called xbox when we were there and they woudnt unban him lol. i dont know if ps3 does that, i never heard of it happening to anyone but i also dont know anyone who homebrews or mods ps3s.

4 hours ago, KANERKB said:

some people are out there are willing to pay just for a jail broken ps3 or just a ps3 in general to mess about with or just for parts. 

Fair enough man. If he's honest about what he's selling then I think that's fine. I didn't realise they had any value if banned. 

13 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Fair enough man. If he's honest about what he's selling then I think that's fine. I didn't realise they had any value if banned. 

that is the idea, don't sell it without saying what is wrong with it or if he can't sell it then at least sell the parts or keep it as back up parts for himself

20 hours ago, KANERKB said:

if you had read what the og poster said, they said that going online is a no go due to it being banned. some people are out there are willing to pay just for a jail broken ps3 or just a ps3 in general to mess about with or just for parts. the console I take from what they said works fine just can't go online and if that is the case then them parts are open just say up front the problems and so on. if you still think of me as "insane" then I would like to show you a ebay and amazon lists for parts for both ps3 and jail broken ps3s

Im sorry for calling you insane. I now understand what you mean, to explain exactly what he is selling. That of course is cool. Sorry again , I will read it more carefully next time :)