New Yakuza game to be announced on September 27 (TGS Online) - Update: No new title to be announced

Suminya

2 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

I wonder if it's brand new game OR I can still be hoping for Kenzan/Ishin localization.

Kenzan, maybe. Anyone at TGS who wants to play Ishin can just walk into a store and buy it, though.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Japanese law prevents western companies from buying japanese ones, so no.

This is not true.

Edited by cckerberos

1 hour ago, DeathShadoow said:

Me too but they said Kiryu's story is finished.

Before the producer said in a event, there is possibility of "Yakuza 0 Part.2".

Because between Y0 and Y1, there is really a lot of time there is not described.

Also there is possibility of Yakuza Kiwami 3, as there is now 2 generation gap between PS3 and PS5.

So a remake is possible.

Moreover, there may be spin off such as Kenzan and Ishin.

So I really hope that Kiryu return to the main playable character.

I will not buy the game if Ichiban continue to be the main PC.

12 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I keep hearing rumors about Microsoft acquiring Sega

Any truth to these rumors?

The "evidence" people are posting is laughable...a blue controller and stuff found on social media. Plus, Sega is a publicly traded company, so they would have to say something about it and not just spring it at a trade show.

Plus, this rumor has come up many times before. But after Bethesda, never say never.

Edited by MidnightDragon

On 9/22/2020 at 6:55 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

I want Kiryu, dont want Ichiban!!

No thanks. I rather they just retire him but cameos are fine. The dude tries so hard to live a normal life but keeps getting dragged back in to clean up Tojo's shit.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:18 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Also there is possibility of Yakuza Kiwami 3, as there is now 2 generation gap between PS3 and PS5.

So a remake is possible.

That would be true if they didn't recently release the remaster a year ago. Announcing K3 is just going to kill sales for the remaster. Furthermore, the devs specifically released a tweet saying that K3 will not be at TGS due to a typo correction.

9 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

I think I might be really slow here but why would they announce a brand new game when Yakuza 7 hasn't even been released yet? 

Genuine question

Yakuza 7 has been released in Japan since Jan. TGS is where they make announcements regarding games in Japan, not the West. 

Edited by RollinKaiserRoll

22 minutes ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

Yakuza 7 has been released in Japan since Jan. TGS is where they make announcements regarding games in Japan, not the West. 

Which is a fact a lot of people have seemed to forgotten in the last few days. Anyway, will be cool to see what lies ahead for Yakuza. 

I wouldn't mind another spin-off type thing or even another prequel like Yakuza 0. If it were something like Kiwami 3 I'm not sure if I would be on board with it but maybe it's because I feel like it's too soon especially since they released the remasters not that long ago. The biggest thing would be how they would want to do the combat since I would like it if they went back to the more traditional style but if they find the JRPG style easier to do then they might stick with it for a while, so if they did do Kiwami 3 or 0-2 and had the Y7 combat style I'm not sure how I would feel about it. Maybe if they wanted to do a more fantasy style setting I would be more open to it.

But watch it be Yakuza: Dead Souls 2 featuring Nero from the Devil May Cry series.

On 22/09/2020 at 4:13 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Japanese law prevents western companies from buying japanese ones, so no.

Warning you all upfront, that I'm going to write horribly boring stuff below. If you don't want to fall asleep, skip this post ?

It doesn't prevent the purchase completely, just limits the act of purchasing in different ways depending on the type of industry and is generally based on a scale. It prevents sudden share/investment purchases from 'foreign' investors forcing them to announce that they want to buy/invest/become shareholders over a certain ownership percentage.

Companies related to nuclear power and defence for example have virtually zero purchase options available for Western entities and are at the strictest hard-mode end of the scale - e.g if you want to own more than 1% of a Japanese nuclear energy company and you aren't domestic to Japan, you are virtually guaranteed a 'no, lololol' from the Japanese company.

In contrast - the gaming industry would be at the lower/bottom end of the same scale so if Microsoft wanted to own more than 1% of SEGA, the consideration could potentially be way way more favourable because of the industry. Microsoft might not be able to buy SEGA outright, but they could become majority shareholders, which would pretty much serve the same desired outcome for them as far as exclusive platform releases is concerned.

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

But wondering if it's a new game entirely or a new remaster or something else.

I'm so hooked on the franchise i'll take anything. Although a remaster of Dead Souls might be nice :). I'm way behind and still have to finish 5, start 6 and get started on 7 when it releases, so for me i'm just chugging along happily and encountering whatever comes out.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop