New Yakuza game to be announced on September 27 (TGS Online) - Update: No new title to be announced

Suminya

52 minutes ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

Even if it's true, it won't be announced at TGS. They made an announcement saying that there would be no new acquisition news at the show.

Need a bit more evidence than that nonsense about the controller and such on Twitter. How people there have taken it at face value is beyond me.

I would love to play Ishin again though in English. I don't know if it's just me but Ishin on the Ps3 looks stunning, I love the characters set into the Bakumatsu period. The fighting mechanics are brilliant and it's as smooth as silk to play, unfortunately my Japanese is not good enough to understand allot of the side stories though I had enough to get by. In a way this doesn't even need to be a Yakuza game to be a good game, I really do blab allot but fuck I love this series.

19 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Need a bit more evidence than that nonsense about the controller and such on Twitter. How people there have taken it at face value is beyond me.

Yeah, I agree. People are running rampant with theories and jumping to conclusions over the tiniest speculation. It's just ridiculous. Here's Microsoft shutting down the rumors. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-wont-announce-any-studio-acquisitions-at-tgs-sega-or-otherwise/1100-6482531/

• Like 1

Things I want;

> Spin-off (be it Dead Souls 2 or Ishin 2 or whatever)

> a proper Yakuza 8

> Yakuza 0 2; 90's Boogaloo

> Yakuza; Majima Prequel

> Yakuza Kiwami 3 (3 isn't that bad lads, just a wee bit slow)

> New and returning cities in the next game (No Y4 situation with Kamurocho only)

Things I'm ambivalent about;

> Kiryu coming back for a game set post Y6

> Yakuza 7-esque gameplay

Things I don't want;

> More Ichiban (just not my cup of tea)

> Multiplayer shit

Can't wait to be disappointed!

• Like 2

I just did time conversion and it's WAY too early for me. So I'll get the news later.

7 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Kiryu coming back for a game set post Y6

I thought they said his story was done in 6...so kinda doubt they'll bring him back for more than a cameo.

9 hours ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

Yeah, I agree. People are running rampant with theories and jumping to conclusions over the tiniest speculation. It's just ridiculous. Here's Microsoft shutting down the rumors. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-wont-announce-any-studio-acquisitions-at-tgs-sega-or-otherwise/1100-6482531/

Yet I still saw people whining about it. Guess they thought MS was lying or something. I'd trust them more than the stupid shit they were trying to base it on.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Warning you all upfront, that I'm going to write horribly boring stuff below. If you don't want to fall asleep, skip this post 1f605.png

It doesn't prevent the purchase completely, just limits the act of purchasing in different ways depending on the type of industry and is generally based on a scale. It prevents sudden share/investment purchases from 'foreign' investors forcing them to announce that they want to buy/invest/become shareholders over a certain ownership percentage.

Companies related to nuclear power and defence for example have virtually zero purchase options available for Western entities and are at the strictest hard-mode end of the scale - e.g if you want to own more than 1% of a Japanese nuclear energy company and you aren't domestic to Japan, you are virtually guaranteed a 'no, lololol' from the Japanese company.

In contrast - the gaming industry would be at the lower/bottom end of the same scale so if Microsoft wanted to own more than 1% of SEGA, the consideration could potentially be way way more favourable because of the industry. Microsoft might not be able to buy SEGA outright, but they could become majority shareholders, which would pretty much serve the same desired outcome for them as far as exclusive platform releases is concerned.

Thank you! Was about to Google this! Very interesting.

I really enjoy Yakuza games, I guess at this point, I'd be happy to see anything, just because I'm sure I will enjoy it. Would be really cool tho to see remastered PSP spin-off games (Kurohyo 1-2) on PS4. Also, I just really want to play Ishin, Kenzan and Dead Souls myself (aka I want them all on PS4 :DDD). 

Don't get your hopes up for a Kiwami 3: https://tojodojo.com/has-yakuza-kiwami-3-leaked-or-is-it-a-typo/

The quoted tweet is this one

When translated into English, it simply says:

Ryuu ga Gotoku Kiwami 3

That's a typo.

Personally, I expect the announcement to be either another samurai game, Judgment 2, or something like a Yakuza 0.5 (set between 0 and 1). A game set in the 1960s with a young Kazama as the protaganist would also be pretty interesting in my opinion.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

As @lordzeze mentioned, Sega is making a new live action Yakuza movie.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/sega-developing-live-action-yakuza-film 

But is this what the original announcement was referring to? Sega's showcase isn't until tomorrow so I assume there's going to be more announcements.

6 minutes ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

But is this what the original announcement was referring to? Sega's showcase isn't until tomorrow so I assume there's going to be more announcements.

Nope. Just throwing it out there. And the Yakuza announcement isn't until Sunday, I believe.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 0:18 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Also there is possibility of Yakuza Kiwami 3, as there is now 2 generation gap between PS3 and PS5.

So a remake is possible.

No and there's several reasons why.

1. 3 Remastered just came out and Japan had to pay full price for it. If Kiwami 3 was going to happen it would have happened when they were in the process of remastering 3. They already felt like it was acceptable enough to simply remaster instead of make a Kiwami. it also does not have remotely as many issues as Kenzan does, not even close.
  2. It took close to a decade for 1 and 2 HD to happen after 1 and 2 came out on PS2. There is no reason they would bother with a Kiwami 3 when a remaster literally just came out within the past year, even less than that in the west. It still took two or three years for Kiwami and another year after that for Kiwami 2 to happen after the HD rerelease, and they specifically said 1 and 2 were quite dated which is why they got Kiwamis. 3's only "major issue" is the minor combat issues carried over from Kenzan. It functionally handles more or less what modern titles play as anyway and they even made it so you can 100% the game in Premium Adventure instead of substories being missable like in the original PS3 release.
  3. Kenzan Kiwami was already mentioned as something they wanted to do in an interview (https://www.destructoid.com/stories/yakuza-producer-comments-on-yakuza-kenzan-kiwami-possibility-558668.phtml). When it comes to Kenzan there are many issues with missable Heat actions, missable substories, a missable Amon fight, locking you out of Amon if you make a single mistake in a substory, and locking you out of Gion in the final chapter for no real reason outside of "The story said Musashi is going somewhere so Musashi wouldn't go back to Gion, duh". The combat also has issues with enemies ignoring your iframes like the sumo wrestlers, enemies block after every two or three attacks which leads to rough battles, two of the styles are effectively unusable, and enemies stab at you which guarantees you to fall to the ground for about five seconds or longer.
  4. They already stated they want to try to fit Ishin into the release schedule somewhere but are facing oversaturation issues especially since they now have Judgment games to localize if more will be made and 7 is coming out soon (https://www.psu.com/news/yakuza-ishin-localisation-hinted-again-by-sega-is-cautious-of-over-saturating-the-market/).

Kiwami 3 is not something that needs to happen any time soon, Kenzan Kiwami would be a far more appropriate idea as would localizing Ishin.

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 1

???

I really want Kiwami 3, because the original Y3 is so difficult to platinum.

So I skip it......really want to play Y3......

But I will be happy if the new game is anything using Kiryu as the protagonist.

Kiryu is so cool so handsome, he is the reason I play Yakuza series.

Edited by TheVengeance1231

47 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Why don't people like Ichiban? Is it because he's not Kiryu or is there more to it?

Because he's not Kiryu. From what I can tell, Ichiban and the new cast was well-received in Japan. It seems like those who don't like Ichiban are the ones that haven't given the game a chance yet. Kiryu is 50 and his character is already fleshed out but it's like people aren't satisfied until he's in his 60s and saving the Tojo for the 20th time from samurai robots with lightsabers or something.

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

How old is Mario? Who cares? People love Kiryu, his age seemed irrelevant in Ishin. 

Mario is bad example because he's ageless. He's more of a timeless icon, like Mickey Mouse. On the other hand, the main Yakuza series follows a real timeline, the characters aren't ageless or immortal. It's one thing to have him in prequels or spinoffs like Ishin which I'm fine with, but he's only going to get older from Yakuza 7 onwards which was what I was referring to. The best comparison would be Snake from MGS. By the end of MGS4, he was old, broken, and tired, like that guy deserved a damn retirement where he can lounge on a beach somewhere. Same deal with Kiryu at the end of 6.

2 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I dont like Ichiban because his hair style is not my cup of tea.

The age setting is irrelevant, sega still make Kiryu appear younger than the setting.

Kiryu is still cool and handsome.

Yeah that doesn't really tell me much about Ichiban's character if you're using that a reason to hate him. That's not really too far off from what I said earlier, because he's not Kiryu since you haven't really given him a chance yet. 

21 minutes ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

Mario is bad example because he's ageless. He's more of a timeless icon, like Mickey Mouse. On the other hand, the main Yakuza series follows a real timeline, the characters aren't ageless or immortal. It's one thing to have him in prequels or spinoffs like Ishin which I'm fine with, but he's only going to get older from Yakuza 7 onwards which was what I was referring to. The best comparison would be Snake from MGS. By the end of MGS4, he was old, broken, and tired, like that guy deserved a damn retirement where he can lounge on a beach somewhere. Same deal with Kiryu at the end of 6.

Yeah that doesn't really tell me much about Ichiban's character if you're using that a reason to hate him. That's not really too far off from what I said earlier, because he's not Kiryu since you haven't really given him a chance yet. 

Because I judge a person by his face.

I do not care more about his personality, but only care about his physical appearance.

So that means a lot to me.

Update that this is now being denied of a new game being announced

https://www.dualshockers.com/yakuza-tgs-2020-no-new-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"

Sega started its TGS 2020 plans with the Sega Fan Meet-up 2020, and the first big announcement was actually Ayana Tsubaki denying a new Yakuza game will be announced during the SegaNama TGS 2020 special. She mentioned she misunderstood the event’s planning, and corrected herself as saying the “latest information of the Ryu Ga Gotoku series” will be revealed, just like what is written on the official schedule.

Ayana Tsubaki (Twitter) is the regular MC of SegaNama, featuring Toshihiro Nagoshi, and she mentioned on Twitter a few hours ago a new Yakuza game would be revealed. Looks like it’s not happening now. She deleted her tweet as well."

• Like 1