New Yakuza game to be announced on September 27 (TGS Online) - Update: No new title to be announced

Suminya

7 hours ago, RollinKaiserRoll said:

Mario is bad example because he's ageless. He's more of a timeless icon, like Mickey Mouse. On the other hand, the main Yakuza series follows a real timeline, the characters aren't ageless or immortal. It's one thing to have him in prequels or spinoffs like Ishin which I'm fine with, but he's only going to get older from Yakuza 7 onwards which was what I was referring to. The best comparison would be Snake from MGS. By the end of MGS4, he was old, broken, and tired, like that guy deserved a damn retirement where he can lounge on a beach somewhere. Same deal with Kiryu at the end of 6.

Yeah that doesn't really tell me much about Ichiban's character if you're using that a reason to hate him. That's not really too far off from what I said earlier, because he's not Kiryu since you haven't really given him a chance yet. 

It's a video game. People in Japan seem to love Kiryu, i've eaten a curry named after him. There is so much to do with him really if sega want to. Mario is a bad example indeed , the older I get the more I see what Nintendo sees and does, produce brain dead products :) I do mean this re Kiryu, he is a legend in Japan almost to the point that I Don't feel we deserve ishin or kenzan?  Idk, do allot of people play Japanese games to feel cool? I think most people here are legit gamers without doubt, are there enough western fans for sega to expose the entire series? I really hope so. Sure snake is a good example though I think konamis vision was quite different. I wish i hadn't said mario, i feel sick inside. 

Edited by Z1MZUM

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Update that this is now being denied of a new game being announced

https://www.dualshockers.com/yakuza-tgs-2020-no-new-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"

Sega started its TGS 2020 plans with the Sega Fan Meet-up 2020, and the first big announcement was actually Ayana Tsubaki denying a new Yakuza game will be announced during the SegaNama TGS 2020 special. She mentioned she misunderstood the event’s planning, and corrected herself as saying the “latest information of the Ryu Ga Gotoku series” will be revealed, just like what is written on the official schedule.

Ayana Tsubaki (Twitter) is the regular MC of SegaNama, featuring Toshihiro Nagoshi, and she mentioned on Twitter a few hours ago a new Yakuza game would be revealed. Looks like it’s not happening now. She deleted her tweet as well."

4 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Ok, gyus, it was just a mistake about the new Yakuza game

Even though they won't announce a new game at TGS Online, Masayoshi Yokoyama (Chief producer of the Yakuza series) at least confirmed that a new game is in development.

Here's the English translation:

“The Yakuza series is heading towards its 15th anniversary, and various plans are currently underway. Naturally, a game is also in development. The development team is working hard every day aiming for the day we can announce it to everyone, so please continue to give us your support.”

Also, tfw you realize that the Yakuza series is already 15 years old and you've been with it since Y1. FeelsOldMan

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

It's a video game. People in Japan seem to love Kiryu, i've eaten a curry named after him. There is so much to do with him really if sega want to. Mario is a bad example indeed , the older I get the more I see what Nintendo sees and does, produce brain dead products :) I do mean this re Kiryu, he is a legend in Japan almost to the point that I Don't feel we deserve ishin or kenzan?  Idk, do allot of people play Japanese games to feel cool? I think most people here are legit gamers without doubt, are there enough western fans for sega to expose the entire series? I really hope so. Sure snake is a good example though I think konamis vision was quite different. I wish i hadn't said mario, i feel sick inside. 

Once again, I'm cool with them using Kiryu in spinoffs like Ishin or Kenzan, even prequels. His popularity is definitely good enough to warrant those if they want to keep his character going. I'm just saying he needs a break from the main series otherwise the main series will start feeling stagnant. The Yakuza series is pretty niche in the West, though I think with recent titles like Judgment and Yakuza 7, it's definitely getting more exposure and getting more well-known over time.

Lol, can you imagine if Kiryu is like Mario and he's in everything and everywhere? Like, the Yakuza games have such huge gameplay variety and Kiryu has got enough history, been in enough situations, and has enough experience in different vocations to be like Mario and have sport, party, fighting, rhythm, etc games that he can essentially be like Mario. And it's amazing how they treat game franchises in Japan, like a lot of businesses uses brand power of games to sell anything.

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Update that this is now being denied of a new game being announced

https://www.dualshockers.com/yakuza-tgs-2020-no-new-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"

Sega started its TGS 2020 plans with the Sega Fan Meet-up 2020, and the first big announcement was actually Ayana Tsubaki denying a new Yakuza game will be announced during the SegaNama TGS 2020 special. She mentioned she misunderstood the event’s planning, and corrected herself as saying the “latest information of the Ryu Ga Gotoku series” will be revealed, just like what is written on the official schedule.

Ayana Tsubaki (Twitter) is the regular MC of SegaNama, featuring Toshihiro Nagoshi, and she mentioned on Twitter a few hours ago a new Yakuza game would be revealed. Looks like it’s not happening now. She deleted her tweet as well."

Shame there's no new announcement, was looking forward to it. :(

On 9/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Why don't people like Ichiban? Is it because he's not Kiryu or is there more to it?

In RGG Online, he was a good-natured moron along the lines of an anime character.

I've no idea whether he has the same personality in Y7, but I did not care for it.