PS5 Trophy Showcase?

JackisJack_

I think the ps5 profiles will be a little different then the ps4 it looks interesting they might make it a little more futuristic it would be a cool if they added steam achievements that would be a great idea it's a surprise we will never know Intel it comes out just going to have to wait until it releases to find out.

• Like 2

I don't think they could make a better sorting or display system than what this site has to offer. If im going on a deep dive into my trophy list I would never use the console.

What I would like is more of a trophy "score" like Gamerscore cause the psn trophy level is about damn useless

8 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

All I want is a trophy progress tracker. As in if I have 10000 kills to make i want the console to track it and tell me how many to go.

That would be awesome. I think too much variety of games will not allow it, maybe in exclusive games?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I would like a trophy cabinet to show off the trophies I am most proud of.

We still basically know next to nothing about the UI and new features the console will bring so here's hoping for some big trophy improvements like trophy tracking, deleting game lists, more color options for the trophy notifications, etc.

There was a comment from someone who claimed to be a developer working on a game for the PS5 & he discussed what the UI looks like

Do not know how trustworthy the source was 

1 hour ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

All I want is a trophy progress tracker. As in if I have 10000 kills to make i want the console to track it and tell me how many to go.

I like the feature on Steam where it says you are close to getting an achievement and which one it is, it's basically what you're talking about, would be nice to see that on the PS5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I second this. It can be such a tearful grind whenever you have no idea how close you are to getting the trophy. Do I throw on a Podcast and just settle in? Am I almost there? Should I just hop off for today and continue tomorrow? No idea until it just eventually pops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xucien said:

All of these ideas are great so far.

Just a small one, but allowing us to use trophy images as our profile avatar would be great too. There's some awesome artwork out there and would allow for a lot of diversity in the profile images we see.

I actually love this idea! It gives an opportunity to showcase a nice trophy, and some great artwork to boot! Every time I get a trophy with beautiful artwork, like Persona 5 Royal's platinum or Oxenfree's many nice trophy icons, it's always just a nice addition to the collection. Being able to use them like this would be really neat!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 0:23 AM, bakerboy72682 said:

I actually love this idea! It gives an opportunity to showcase a nice trophy, and some great artwork to boot! Every time I get a trophy with beautiful artwork, like Persona 5 Royal's platinum or Oxenfree's many nice trophy icons, it's always just a nice addition to the collection. Being able to use them like this would be really neat!

Yeah for sure. Like you said, it'd be a cool way to show a platinum you're proud of too, which isn't really possible through PSN at the moment.

Edited by Xucien
  • Like 1

This is not a profile customization but I'd love to see more "oomph" put towards trophies which are ultra-rare/platinum being unlocked. One of the awesome things I loved about the Xbox One was that when you unlocked a rarer achievement below 10%, the visual feedback and sound effect was different from just any other "normal" achievement (and you got this cool diamond icon showing up too). It feels really disappointing to do some really hard trophy/pop a plat you've been working on for a long time and all you get is the exact same "pling" sound like any other trophy you've unlocked to get there... and I know, I know, a silly sound effect or different looking thing doesn't mean much. Exactly how trophies don't mean much either, hmm? It's the small things that count, even if they seem meaningless in the end, aye?

I dunno, I just feel like there could be more improvements made all around. Some great ideas here like trophy tracker, using trophy icons as avatars, displaying trophies on our profile like a cabinet would be awesome.

Something else I'd like is an actual "time spent in game" timer on games shown especially for something like PSNP to use. Because for example I played Dark Souls awhile back but I'm holding off on the plat until I can line up all the other Dark Souls games. Unfortunately on PSNP it will look like it took me months and months to finish the game when in reality I'm not even playing the game at all during that time and I've only maybe spent 20-30 hours in the game grabbing all the other trophies.

Also if they could increase the character count on our profiles that'd be great too. Trying to fit all I want to say in like 300 characters is tough. (Idk what the limit actually is but I know it's really short).

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1