arcanehornet_

Platinum Difficulty?

5 posts in this topic

Since this game is on sale now, I wanted to grab it. But with no trophy guides available, it’s hard to judge the difficulty of the plat.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

10 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Since this game is on sale now, I wanted to grab it. But with no trophy guides available, it’s hard to judge the difficulty of the plat.

The difficulty of this platinum heavily depends on your experience with Trials. For someone that has 100%ed Trials Fusion, getting the plat in Rising is no more than a 4/10. For a newcomer to the franchise, this is easily a 9/10. 

I see that you played Fusion, but didn't yet do the challenging bits. If you cannot yet beat Inferno IV, then Rising will definitely be an 8/10 for you or above. 

I still recommend that you give it a go though... playing either game will make you better at Trials in general, so playing Rising will also be beneficial for Fusion, and vice versa. If anything, Rising is the better starting point since it has a (very difficult) tutorial section that will teach you pretty much everything you need to master (except Fender Grab, I believe). 

Just a note on DLC... If you only play the base game, you will need to replay certain levels for contracts, so that you level up and can proceed in the career. If you get the game with DLC, you can just do DLC tracks for leveling up instead. That will lower your needed time for 100% to some extent. 

EDIT: When I was doing the 100% I actually thought about putting a trophy guide together, but @lilpain97, God of Trials, was already writing one... Any news on that front? :) 

Edited by Arcesius

21 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

The question is how much you enjoyed Trials Fusion. If you enjoyed the previous game a lot, then you may safely grab Trials Rising as the game is actually very enjoyable. If you only get it if you think that you'll go for the platinum, then think twice as full commitment will be required. The trophy guide is not really necessary as the trophies are straightforward (though sometimes quite hard) and you'll find YT videos if necessary. 

On 23/09/2020 at 8:26 AM, Arcesius said:

The difficulty of this platinum heavily depends on your experience with Trials. For someone that has 100%ed Trials Fusion, getting the plat in Rising is no more than a 4/10. For a newcomer to the franchise, this is easily a 9/10. 

I see that you played Fusion, but didn't yet do the challenging bits. If you cannot yet beat Inferno IV, then Rising will definitely be an 8/10 for you or above. 

I still recommend that you give it a go though... playing either game will make you better at Trials in general, so playing Rising will also be beneficial for Fusion, and vice versa. If anything, Rising is the better starting point since it has a (very difficult) tutorial section that will teach you pretty much everything you need to master (except Fender Grab, I believe). 

Just a note on DLC... If you only play the base game, you will need to replay certain levels for contracts, so that you level up and can proceed in the career. If you get the game with DLC, you can just do DLC tracks for leveling up instead. That will lower your needed time for 100% to some extent. 

EDIT: When I was doing the 100% I actually thought about putting a trophy guide together, but @lilpain97, God of Trials, was already writing one... Any news on that front? :) 

Rising guide? I just got my 3080 so ill be back on PC to get it done. Lost a lot of motivation as well.

On 23/09/2020 at 8:26 AM, Arcesius said:

God of Trials! Pahhhh don’t make me laugh. Hes a scrub. I rate @Angus1343 as a better player.