Platinum Difficulty?

arcanehornet_

10 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Since this game is on sale now, I wanted to grab it. But with no trophy guides available, it’s hard to judge the difficulty of the plat.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

The difficulty of this platinum heavily depends on your experience with Trials. For someone that has 100%ed Trials Fusion, getting the plat in Rising is no more than a 4/10. For a newcomer to the franchise, this is easily a 9/10. 

I see that you played Fusion, but didn't yet do the challenging bits. If you cannot yet beat Inferno IV, then Rising will definitely be an 8/10 for you or above. 

I still recommend that you give it a go though... playing either game will make you better at Trials in general, so playing Rising will also be beneficial for Fusion, and vice versa. If anything, Rising is the better starting point since it has a (very difficult) tutorial section that will teach you pretty much everything you need to master (except Fender Grab, I believe). 

Just a note on DLC... If you only play the base game, you will need to replay certain levels for contracts, so that you level up and can proceed in the career. If you get the game with DLC, you can just do DLC tracks for leveling up instead. That will lower your needed time for 100% to some extent. 

EDIT: When I was doing the 100% I actually thought about putting a trophy guide together, but @lilpain97, God of Trials, was already writing one... Any news on that front? :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Since this game is on sale now, I wanted to grab it. But with no trophy guides available, it’s hard to judge the difficulty of the plat.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

The question is how much you enjoyed Trials Fusion. If you enjoyed the previous game a lot, then you may safely grab Trials Rising as the game is actually very enjoyable. If you only get it if you think that you'll go for the platinum, then think twice as full commitment will be required. The trophy guide is not really necessary as the trophies are straightforward (though sometimes quite hard) and you'll find YT videos if necessary. 

On 23/09/2020 at 8:26 AM, Arcesius said:

The difficulty of this platinum heavily depends on your experience with Trials. For someone that has 100%ed Trials Fusion, getting the plat in Rising is no more than a 4/10. For a newcomer to the franchise, this is easily a 9/10. 

I see that you played Fusion, but didn't yet do the challenging bits. If you cannot yet beat Inferno IV, then Rising will definitely be an 8/10 for you or above. 

I still recommend that you give it a go though... playing either game will make you better at Trials in general, so playing Rising will also be beneficial for Fusion, and vice versa. If anything, Rising is the better starting point since it has a (very difficult) tutorial section that will teach you pretty much everything you need to master (except Fender Grab, I believe). 

Just a note on DLC... If you only play the base game, you will need to replay certain levels for contracts, so that you level up and can proceed in the career. If you get the game with DLC, you can just do DLC tracks for leveling up instead. That will lower your needed time for 100% to some extent. 

EDIT: When I was doing the 100% I actually thought about putting a trophy guide together, but @lilpain97, God of Trials, was already writing one... Any news on that front? :) 

Rising guide? I just got my 3080 so ill be back on PC to get it done. Lost a lot of motivation as well.

On 23/09/2020 at 8:26 AM, Arcesius said:

God of Trials! Pahhhh don’t make me laugh. Hes a scrub. I rate @Angus1343 as a better player.

• 2 months later...

Regarding the difficulty:

For someone who obtained the 100% in Fusion: maybe a 3-4/10.

For someone new: maybe 8-9/10.

Kinda hard for me to tell because I played Fusion before Rising. The Gold medal times in Rising are way more lenient yet could still pose a challenge to newcomers.

The same goes for some skill games.

Edited by JohnlMatrix

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm missing some crucial points about rising for someone who is not a pro at trials. 

If it is your first trials game you are gonna have a hard time, but if like me you played trials before but you coudn't complete all extreme tracks like Inferno 4 on fusion rising is a great game. 

First they included the university of trials where u Will learn more about the fysics of the bike and how All the techniques works. 

Second the extreme tracks on rising are (in my opinion) a bit easier then fusion. 

Third the bike controls in rising are a little more precise and feel a lot better then fusion. 

I completed 2 or 3 extreme tracks on fusion but wasn't able to do the rest. I did trials rising got better and now I went back and played some fusion and you Will notice that the understanding of fysics and what move you need to perform at each obstacle are much more clear. 

What I'm trying to say is, for a first trials game it is hard, but I do think it has the best learning curve and if u have played trials before you can get this platinum and your skill will increase a lot.

• 1 month later...

I’ve got 150 hours on Fusion and 300+ on Rising and I still haven’t got the Platinum.

What’s stopping me I hear you ask! ... those f’cking Skill Game Tracks.

The climb one for me is the worst. Just can’t get past 150m without loosing my bottle and screwing it up.

also that one trophy for doing a zero fault run on Stone Henge using the Tandem bike!

(if anyone wants to help me get that one PM me here or add me on PSN)

31 minutes ago, WoLFHeART_aF said:

I’ve got 150 hours on Fusion and 300+ on Rising and I still haven’t got the Platinum.

The climb one for me is the worst. Just can’t get past 150m without loosing my bottle and screwing it up.

also that one trophy for doing a zero fault run on Stone Henge using the Tandem bike!

Yeah the climb skill game was the hardest for me too. The final meters are quite annoying. All I can say is keep trying and you’ll get it eventually.

I can help out with the tandem bike challenge. Just send me a friend request.

Edit: Forget that. I forgot I got a physical copy of this game, which I traded in a couple months ago ?. Sorry...

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

7 hours ago, WoLFHeART_aF said:

Maybe I'm suggesting the obvious but use the Helium bike. Next just keep going. The only problem with the last few meters is that you have to clear everything else before every single time. After a while you might start making mistakes there too, just out of boredom. If you don't mind me asking, did you manage to do the Lose Screw skill game already? Many people have problems with that one too.

10 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Yeah the climb skill game was the hardest for me too. The final meters are quite annoying. All I can say is keep trying and you’ll get it eventually.

I can help out with the tandem bike challenge. Just send me a friend request.

Edit: Forget that. I forgot I got a physical copy of this game, which I traded in a couple months ago 1f605.png. Sorry...

ahh thanks anyway mate

3 hours ago, JohnlMatrix said:

Maybe I'm suggesting the obvious but use the Helium bike. Next just keep going. The only problem with the last few meters is that you have to clear everything else before every single time. After a while you might start making mistakes there too, just out of boredom. If you don't mind me asking, did you manage to do the Lose Screw skill game already? Many people have problems with that one too.

Yea I’ve tried pretty much every bike and the helium for me gets me the furthest and I like how light it is (I guess that’s good and bad) but it feels like the best bike to use for this.

I got the Loose Screw by an inch after many attempts so I just need to apply that to Uphill.

Could you help me get that tandem trophy or should I just post in sessions?

thanks mate

4 hours ago, JohnlMatrix said:

If you don't mind me asking, did you manage to do the Lose Screw skill game already? Many people have problems with that one too.

I had the same problem & the solution actually ended up being the donkey & cheesing it, it takes a bit getting used to, but i found it significantly easier then the normal way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoLFHeART_aF said:

ahh thanks anyway mate

Yea I’ve tried pretty much every bike and the helium for me gets me the furthest and I like how light it is (I guess that’s good and bad) but it feels like the best bike to use for this.

I got the Loose Screw by an inch after many attempts so I just need to apply that to Uphill.

Could you help me get that tandem trophy or should I just post in sessions?

thanks mate

I don't have Rising anymore. Might get it again some time. With the Helium you can almost scale vertical walls. You just need to master throttle control.

• 9 months later...

I just got the plat (including 100% DLC), and I found it much harder than Trials Fusion.  It wasn't even the extreme tracks, because even though they do have some near-impossible checkpoints, you can still fault 20 times and gold the track if you try enough times.  For me it was the Diamond medal on Crash & Sunburn, which took me 2 weeks.  The problem with this game is that there are a lot of subtle techniques you need to know (for example squishy technique), which are not explained anywhere, not even in Trials University.  So you end up doing things by feel, with a lot of trial and error, not really understanding why something works and something else doesn't.  That's not a good game design, where you need to blindly chance into the proper solution.  It's especially bad when you can't repeat the same checkpoint over and over (like in Hill Climb, One Wheel skill game, Diamond runs, where the flow needs to be preserved etc.).  I'd enjoy the game much more if I knew exactly what I had to do, and it was only about the execution.

I also got really sick of the constant loading times and the crappy map interface.

• Like 1

@Eternal21 Wow harder than Fusion? That’s an unpopular opinion. I’ve read about your struggles with the diamond medal on Crash & Sunburn and I have to agree it’s tough. For me definitely one of the hardest things to do in the game. But not nearly as tough as some of the things in Fusion though. 

Anyway. Congrats. And welcome to the 100% club. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

Maybe I just have rose colored glasses when it comes to Fusion.  I just remember Top Roach, and Pipephobia being hard (and Anger Management from DLC), and looking at the videos the obstacles were much more straightforward than in Rising.  And I don't mind the extreme tracks, because I could see gradual progression, from not being able to beat the level, to beating it with 400 faults, to 200, 100, 20 and finally golding it.  With the Diamond run, I was stuck at one time for a week with zero improvement in between sessions.  Not sure if I'll pick up next trials if it ever comes out.  Just got really sick of this one.