Difficulty of DLC?

AJ_Radio

Shovel Knight has been left untouched for quite a while for me. I made some progress with the Plague Knight DLC but got frustrated looking for all those stupid Cipher Coins, gave up and moved to other games.

I'm thinking of going back to this game to 100 percent, hopefully King Knight DLC is the final DLC pack because it's been long enough, the game has been out for years.

Anybody have an estimate of time and difficulty of doing the DLCs? Both Plague Knight and Specter Knight have a few annoying feats, I have not tried out King Knight.

Edited by Spaz

They're all about the same. Every DLC has a trophy that requires obtaining all feats, which might as well be considered a mini platinum. They're heavily skill-based, so I imagine however long it takes you to platinum the main game is about what you can expect for each DLC. Maybe 20 hours, 5/10 difficulty? Specter Knight is probably marginally easier than the other two, while Plague Knight has some tricky platforming and King Knight has the Joustus game everybody hates.

I just beat King Knight's campaign last night. There are a lot of levels and things to collect.

• Like 1

I figured as such. King Knight just sounds like more of the same crap that drove me away from doing Plague Knight. Some of those collectibles are extremely well hidden, thought I could just nab them all without looking at a YouTube guide but I guess not.

You can combine several feats together to reduce the number of playthroughs. Might be better to do an extra playthrough or two. I heard the Banquet fight with Plague Knight on New Game Plus is one of the most difficult portions in the entire game.

One thing that makes Plague Knight substantially easier. Most people jump - double jump - bomb burst jump. It is supposed to be jump - bomb burst jump - double jump. Using the double jump at the end gives back air controls making jumps easier. I'm telling ya, it's like night and day.

Also I think Impact + sparkler bombs are super OP for everything but 2 bosses.

• Like 1

Plague Knight is easier, but at the beginning is kinda difficult to get used to his gameplay.

Specter is difficult only for NG+ and just a couple of stages. Each one took me 15 hours to 100% in 4 playthroughs each I think.

King Knight is the longest and took me like 25 hours as it has lots of collectables, but is fun and the card game is fun too (I like it). The last boss gave me a hard time, only because my first playthrough was the naked one, with low health and not knowing how to deal with it took me like an hour to beat. NG+ is annoying because you lost all your money which is needed for upgrades of your ship. Take your time to check the feats and plan ahead as there are many easily missables.

I really loved the game.

Edited by Tempestad_cl

I'm going to follow YouTube guides for all the collectibles. How long it takes depends mostly on your skill and commitment. But compared to Batman: Arkham City the DLC sounds like there is even more busy work to be doing.

It's likely I'll just do one DLC at a time, play some other games and come back to get the rest done.

• 2 years later...