Killzone Shadowfall will be a 50GB download

tw34kfr34ky

Sony claims that the PSN is ready for the new ps4 monsterdownloads.

"There are big innovations in the PS4 to make it more attractive and more easy gamer wise to want to download," Sony stated. "The Play as you Download functionality, for example, means you don't need the whole file before you go.

Lets hope the ps4 Killzone bundle contains a disc so we all dont have to download it at the same time.

source: http://www.9lives.be/games/killzone-shadowfall/nieuws/psn-is-klaar-voor-ps4-monsterdownloads-zegt-sony

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

No game takes 50 GB to download.

Unless they are lazy, and simply copy the disc version to the ps store. 

Cause that's what they do, they put the info on the disc multiple times, to decrease loading times.

But for downloads, you don't need to use those kinds of tricks as the HDD can go to the location where the info is stored almost instantly.

Although, you can create crazy game file sized, a good example is Uncharted 3. 

That game has a 12 GB campaign, 11 GB for Cutscenes, and then if you want 3D cutscenes, you need to download another 13 GB or so (don't have the numbers near me, but I think these are about right)

And that doesn't even include the multiplayer.

That's true, forgot you play as you download. I'd still rather have the physical copy.

Fully agree. One issue I still have with this is a lot of places have bandwidth caps. Theres a lot of places in the states that I know do not have sufficient internet access. If I was to download this game, I would come close to my cap... And its not even a matter of paying more, its just all that there is.

• Like 1

I don't care about how big the file is or how fast we can download (although currently it's absolutely embarrassing how bad the ps3 is at downloading). None of that means anything until they sort out the absurd, disgusting and absolutely pathetic prices for the games they sell on psn, they sell games on the psn store for £50 these are ps3 games, I can go to a regular supermarket or order of amazon the same games, brand new when the games first come out for £35 - £40, that's with the case, manual, disc ect, I can give that to my physical copy to my friends too, yet I pay waaaay more for the game on psn and get none of the advantages I get for cheaper when I buy the physical copy, also I have to spend hours downloading it, if a game retails new in supermarkets for £40 it should be £35 on PSN, it the game retails for £35 at supermarkets, stores ect it should be on psn for £30, PSN needs to be steam like, end off.

There's no justification for the over inflated prices they slap on these games.

The "summer sale" and other sales they have that they claim as deals, are absolutely horrendous, PSN hardly ever offers you a good deal for a game, aside from ps plus the store is practically useless and borderline offensive with the prices they slap on games.

The prices of games and their so called deals need seeing to first before anything else.