Challenges to do before finishing the game

MAUSZX

So I have read almlst every comment about the infamous 190/191 challenge. But I have also read about some challenges that are nearly impossible post game, I am looking around and nobody is mentioning, "The challenge ____ is specially a must to do before end game". 

So which is it? 

I struggled with the grinding kills post game. But I found a death race that had the arch angel in question so I started the death race got a ton of people attacking me then I jumped out of the car to end the death race but all the baddies were still there. Then just grinded away until I got it done. It took like 6 goes at it to get it but I got it ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same.

Read about the possible glitches and the infamous 190/ 191.

I've avoided that issue, but got something else that I hadn't expected.

I've dismantled every camp 100%, but showing as 76/77 insignia. I've gone through the map screen and checked each camp and they are all showing 100% completion, all ticked.

Also say there is a Sniper Tower outstanding, again, all territories are at zero threat level (with the exception of Gas Town as I've not finished the story yet) but I've cleared all the snipers and scarecrow in the area. I've completed the scarecrow challenge and had the trophy for it, but not the Snipers or Insignia. 

What is the likelihood of this fixing before end game? Is there anything that comes up later on?

Edited by deevoff

23 minutes ago, deevoff said:

I did the same.

Read about the possible glitches and the infamous 190/ 191.

I've avoided that issue, but got something else that I hadn't expected.

I've dismantled every camp 100%, but showing as 76/77 insignia. I've gone through the map screen and checked each camp and they are all showing 100% completion, all ticked.

Also say there is a Sniper Tower outstanding, again, all territories are at zero threat level (with the exception of Gas Town as I've not finished the story yet) but I've cleared all the snipers and scarecrow in the area. I've completed the scarecrow challenge and had the trophy for it, but not the Snipers or Insignia. 

What is the likelihood of this fixing before end game? Is there anything that comes up later on?

It’s likely that you never spotted the sniper tower from the balloon observation post.  When you unlock an observation post, it won’t reveal the map for that region.  You actually have to spot all the sniper towers, scarecrows and camps through the binoculars.  Same thing happened to me but check each region’s checklist and it should let you know which one you are missing. Then just look on an internet map to find it. 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

It’s likely that you never spotted the sniper tower from the balloon observation post.  When you unlock an observation post, it won’t reveal the map for that region.  You actually have to spot all the sniper towers, scarecrows and camps through the binoculars.  Same thing happened to me but check each region’s checklist and it should let you know which one you are missing. Then just look on an internet map to find it. 

Afraid not.

I've done all the balloons and checked all the regions. The only thing that I have left to do according to the map checklist is one minefield in The Dump region, the final 2 scrap, and last History Relic in Gas Town and then the scavenging location in the North East of The Dunes.

That's literally it.

But the Legend screen hasn't logged this accurately.

So apart from the story and wasteland missions, these are complete, but the Legend screen does not reflect as such.

'The Writing's On The Wall' - Insignia 76/77.

'Toppler' - 9/10 Large Sniper Towers.

'Death On Your Doorstep' - Main and Optional objectives in camps.

These should be completed but haven't been. 

It would be safe to say I've missed a camp what with the 'Death On Your Doorstep ' challenge showing incomplete, but they are all tocked on my Map screen?

Currently about 50 hours in and closing in the end game, at a point where it would just be  races and car based challenges but not looking that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deevoff said:

Afraid not.

I've done all the balloons and checked all the regions. The only thing that I have left to do according to the map checklist is one minefield in The Dump region, the final 2 scrap, and last History Relic in Gas Town and then the scavenging location in the North East of The Dunes.

That's literally it.

So apart from the story and wasteland missions, these are complete, but the Legend screen does not reflect as such.

It would be safe to say I've missed a camp what with the 'Death On Your Doorstep ' challenge showing incomplete, but they are all tocked on my Map screen?

Currently about 50 hours in and closing in the end game, at a point where it would just be  races and car based challenges but not looking that way.

- For Toppler, just go to any camp with a tall sniper post as its defense and harpoon it down. Look for the stanchion wires that hold it up, harpoon that, and you should be good.

- I’ve seen some guides for the missing Insignia online, but haven’t bothered to read them as I haven’t had an issue yet. ? Google that and hopefully someone has an answer for you. 

- Hopefully that missing insignia will unlock Death on the Doorstep for you. 

1 hour ago, thinktank79 said:

Is there a good place for the get 8 kills during fury mode? Also is there a way to manually empty your fury meter when going for the full in 10 seconds challenge?

I’m through chapter 3 but still have a bunch of outposts left also. 

I had problems with the Rattlin challenge until I got past Chapter 4 and started clearing out Pink Eye scavenging locations. Harder enemies seem to boost your Fury Mode faster. Get the chain hits going early, and do the melee execution if given the opportunity. Big :cross: kills like melee, shiv or ground execution seem to boost the meter faster. 

For 8 kills in Fury, Gas Town scavenging locations work great. Again, do :cross: kills too keep you in Fury. And don’t get hit. 

Edited by PerryToxteth

18 hours ago, deevoff said:

Afraid not.

That's literally it.

Sounds like you took down the sniper but not his tower 

37 minutes ago, deevoff said:

Thanks for the info on the towers guys.

The insignia and camp issue is a game breaker though isn't it?

Do you remember dying right after breaking an insignia? 

I still recommend revisiting the camps maybe you missed one and it’s not showing on the map  

22 hours ago, thinktank79 said:

Is there a good place for the get 8 kills during fury mode? Also is there a way to manually empty your fury meter when going for the full in 10 seconds challenge?

I’m through chapter 3 but still have a bunch of outposts left also. 

Deep Friahs area, scavenging location that holds the water project part is a place I’ve seen recommended

2 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Do strongholds count as scrap locations? I picked all scrap and history relic in Pink Eye's stronghold but it didn't add up to scrap locations in statistics/legend.

Do you mean Scavenging Locations? No. Only the places with a yellow icon in the shape of a looting hand on the map. It has to say Scavenging Location.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

Sounds like you took down the sniper but not his tower 

You just have to kill the Snipers, Towers are not necessary.

48 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Do strongholds count as scrap locations? I picked all scrap and history relic in Pink Eye's stronghold but it didn't add up to scrap locations in statistics/legend.

No.

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

You just have to kill the Snipers, Towers are not necessary.

There’s two different sniper challenges people are confusing. Eliminating all the sniper posts (indicated on the map) will net you the Sniper Suppressor :bronze: trophy.  But there’s also a challenge called Toppler, where you have to destroy 10 large sniper posts. Those can be done at camps or sniper outposts using either harpoons or upgraded thunderpoons. 

8 minutes ago, Redsailles said:

I think you have to destroy sniper tower as well. I saw it listed on challenge.

Not for the Sniper Trophy/Challenge we talked about. We did not  talk about the Sniper Tower challenge, this are just 10 Camp Towers.