talespagni

How's the game compared to other Vanillaware's titles?

6 posts in this topic

I liked Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere a lot. Really hope Vanillaware releases Muramasa's Rebirth for PS4/PS5.

Is this game in a similar quality? How about the gameplay?

Cheers.

The game split in various type, the story part is basically a Point and click, the story is very, very good, the gameplay with the robots is basically a RTS(Real time Strategy Game) with some turn based element, when you open the command menu the game "freeze" and you have all the time to choose what to do.

Posted (edited)

Just finished the game. I adored it. The characters were all fantastic and as a big fan of sci-fi I enjoyed the story quite a bit. The point and click gameplay style was a bit better to me than more traditional point and click gameplay as you can't really get stuck (the only time I ever was confused where to go was the part where you have to find coins with Takatoshi) and the RTS/turn based gameplay sections were well done. 

As far as how it fares against their other games, I've only played very little of Dragon's Crown, but aside from the aesthetic it's not really comparable as they are completely different genres.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

I need to go back and play Grim Grimoire to remember what their old rts battles were like, but the battles are intense when played on the harder level. Certain skills can be overpowered in the regular mode, but are required to survive on intense mode.

The story takes Odin Sphere’s nonlinear elements and turns it up to the max. The most satisfying part of the game is piecing together the plot like a puzzle. 

Posted (edited)

Spoiler

I was a bit skeptical on the genre and gameplay at first but i'm hopeless when it comes to Vanillaware, it's just so beautiful and nicely executed that I love it.

It's unique, unlike anything out there. I'm really glad there are companies like Vanillaware out there.

I'm really not too far into the game but I really like it so far

Edited by Okoteiru

On 10/5/2020 at 11:24 AM, Okoteiru said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was a bit skeptical on the genre and gameplay at first but i'm hopeless when it comes to Vanillaware, it's just so beautiful and nicely executed that I love it.

It's unique, unlike anything out there. I'm really glad there are companies like Vanillaware out there.

I'm really not too far into the game but I really like it so far

The most similar thing in terms of story I can compare this to is Zero Time Dilemma, it has a similar way of telling the story when compared to this game, however, the rts part and how everything starts coming together is so incredible, this game is a masterpiece.