Starting this up soon and wondering if Platinum is still possible?

Sylvanticore

Greetings!

I only recently started using this site as I recently started to into trophies and have plaitnumed 5 games and 100% completed 2 games without Platinum trophies..

Since I have over 200+ in my library my friend made me a list of games to play and the next one in said list is this one! However I wanted to know if Platinum is still even possible with the game being out for so long? I'll be trying for all the single player ones anyway but am wondering about multiplayer!

Thank you for your time :)

• Like 3

So small update to this thread, I have indeed started the game up and fone straight into MP. I feel like this was a really bad desicison since I wasn't use to the controls, I've gotten a few trophies so far but really struggling to be fast enough to keep up with other players.

I have also noticed that it is seemingly hard to get the last few maps I require, any time I do they are voted against and the few times I have I don't really do very well.

Will continue to push on and try my best at this, hopefully I can start getting better at it sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-27 at 5:08 PM, Sylvanticore said:

So small update to this thread, I have indeed started the game up and fone straight into MP. I feel like this was a really bad desicison since I wasn't use to the controls, I've gotten a few trophies so far but really struggling to be fast enough to keep up with other players.

I have also noticed that it is seemingly hard to get the last few maps I require, any time I do they are voted against and the few times I have I don't really do very well.

Will continue to push on and try my best at this, hopefully I can start getting better at it sooner rather than later.

find yourself a boosting group, it’s really useful. The goal of this multiplayer is to camp, hide, and kill only when you are sure. It will take forever to do 2 journeys.

When I found a group, I really enjoyed boosting; was smooth and relaxing. I even stayed longer to help them. At the end I did nearly 4 journeys. But it was worth it

• Like 1

If you are going for platinum then completing story on hard/survivor is really good training before multiplayer. You have to know controls and be fluid in combat for MP. Going straight to MP is suicide. I'm not personally into shooters but this was really enjoyable for me. Hope you will have fun too!

• Like 1

Yes the Platinum is still possible for this game, the PS3 version is no longer obtainable.  When it comes to the Multiplayer, I highly recommend looking at the guide on this site, because it helped me eventually gain a strategy for my teams survival for the entire 12 weeks, crafting packages for your team is basically you best friend in this and I recommend what's listed in Green for 100% possible wipeouts and going for the Yellow or Red ones for the 10% and 50% wipeouts.  I highly recommend also if you have never played the game, to play on Normal to get used to the mechanics and have enough resources and in the DLC too. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 4:33 PM, Nindo_1 said:

I did the multiplayer trophies back in may, just went back to 100 percent the game and the multiplayer is still very active. It’s a tough platinum but it is definitely possible and so worth it if you love the game.

Thanks for the info. I'm just going to start the process of cleaning up some MP trophies and was wondering about this one. I've got all the Grounded and Grounded + stuff with the main game. Haven't touched the DLC much because I saw the MP grind trophies and wasn't really interested initially. How was the MP overall? I was under the impression that it was kind of a "tacked on" thing at the time...but I'm finding that some people are saying it's actually good. Thoughts?

6 hours ago, Shua_J said:

Thanks for the info. I'm just going to start the process of cleaning up some MP trophies and was wondering about this one. I've got all the Grounded and Grounded + stuff with the main game. Haven't touched the DLC much because I saw the MP grind trophies and wasn't really interested initially. How was the MP overall? I was under the impression that it was kind of a "tacked on" thing at the time...but I'm finding that some people are saying it's actually good. Thoughts?

Used to play the multiplayer a lot back in the day on PS3. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next iteration to arrive.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-12-05 at 4:43 AM, Yoranto said:

Yes it's still possible to platinum. There are still players left so you will be fine. The online trophies take around 25-30h I would say. Basically you need to finish around 168 matches and one match takes around 10-15min I'd say.

With boost it’s faster. In 20h, I completed about 3.5 journeys (42 weeks) ; I stayed longer since my boosting partners were so fun.

32 minutes ago, bunshing said:

With boost it’s faster. In 20h, I completed about 3.5 journeys (42 weeks) ; I stayed longer since my boosting partners were so fun.

For the PS4 version, there is no purpose to boosting (unless for some reason you prefer boosting over playing the game).  All MP trophies come naturally just by playing and it is pretty fun.  Much more enjoyable than setting up a session and alternating kills or whatever.  Time should be pretty similar as you noted.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, djb5f said:

For the PS4 version, there is no purpose to boosting (unless for some reason you prefer boosting over playing the game).  All MP trophies come naturally just by playing and it is pretty fun.  Much more enjoyable than setting up a session and alternating kills or whatever.  Time should be pretty similar as you noted.

I guess it depends, i found the multiplayer pretty boring since everybody is camping, making the pace really slow, and feeling like i was loosing my time. I am used to uncharted mp, where the pace is really fast, so i guess it's normal in this case. 

But as i said, i was able to enjoy a little bit more the multiplayer thanks to my boosting partners : i wouldn't played it otherwise. It took 20h for 4 journeys, thats means it would have taken around 10h for the 2 journeys as required, instead of the average 30h. 

So i think it really depends of your playstyle : if you dont appreciate the gameplay, boost is a good solution. If you really enjoy, well spending a 20-25h more isn't that bad i agree. The timelap difference isn't like 5h (boost) vs 200h (non-boost). 

Edited by bunshing

• 2 weeks later...