conibear0342

Anyone else wanna give up on the 'got there' trophy?

15 posts in this topic

The ā€˜Got Thereā€™ trophy is difficult, but try not to give up; some gaps willĀ take a while to complete, but it is possible. I spent hours on the Mall, Roswell, School II, Venice, and Bullring. It felt great whenever I completed one of them :)

Ā 

Just keep at it!

Edited by xHydroBoltx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im already thinking same lol. Im on the mall and im really getting pissed off with that last gap over the stairs. I cant seem to land it without crashing horribly but.....

I knowĀ i can do these with a bit of patience. I compare it to the time trials trophy on crash team racing. Yeah its tricky but not crazily difficult like alot of trophies out there and just takes practice and patience

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Im already thinking same lol. Im on the mall and im really getting pissed off with that last gap over the stairs. I cant seem to land it without crashing horribly but.....

I knowĀ i can do these with a bit of patience. I compare it to the time trials trophy on crash team racing. Yeah its tricky but not crazily difficult like alot of trophies out there and just takes practice and patience

If you've managed to get to the last stairs then the hardest part is behind. Last gap is very easy if you use wallride instead of trying to ollie the whole set. So don't grind before stairs, do manual instead.

Edited by BamRainey
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself if you want to grind to level 100 first. Honestly, I'm not until there is a better solution. Try the get there's with cheats enabled first, I honestly really enjoyed them tbh, I'm no superman.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BamRainey said:

If you've managed to get to the last stairs then the hardest part is behind. Last gap is very easy if you use wallride instead of trying to ollie the whole set. So don't grind before stairs, do manual instead.

I always wallrided too long and always hit the ceiling or not enough that it wouldn't count. Manage to finally do it tho. Felt so good

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that's stopping me from easily knocking these out is manual balance. Maintaining it just seems so inconsistent to me whether it's riding one out and balancing it to get to my destinationĀ or jumping from manual to manual (the balance cursor seems to jump or quickly make its way from the center to one of the ends.) Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Norava said:

The only thing that's stopping me from easily knocking these out is manual balance. Maintaining it just seems so inconsistent to me whether it's riding one out and balancing it to get to my destinationĀ or jumping from manual to manual (the balance cursor seems to jump or quickly make its way from the center to one of the ends.) Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing?

Make sure to always keep the pointerĀ in the middle when you jump out of a manual. The next manual will ā€žrememberā€œ the last state of the previous manual. If you end a manual when the pointer is atĀ the top or bottom of the bar it will immediately go insane when you start another. Basically neverĀ leave a manual that is not balanced out.

Ā 

Also try to save overall manual time by jumping or grinding more. The total amount of time you spend in a manual during a combo adds up. After ~10 secs or so of manual time it will become a lot harder to balance it.Ā 
Ā 

Press and hold X before entering a manual. That will give you much more speed.
Ā 

Last but not least: Do not use analog sticks, use the d-pad. Itā€™s much easier to hit the right directions in quick succession.

Ā 

Thatā€˜s basically everything you need to know about manuals. The rest is practice and patience.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Make sure to always keep the pointerĀ in the middle when you jump out of a manual. The next manual will ā€žrememberā€œ the last state of the previous manual. If you end a manual when the pointer is atĀ the top or bottom of the bar it will immediately go insane when you start another. Basically neverĀ leave a manual that is not balanced out.

Ā 

Also try to save overall manual time by jumping or grinding more. The total amount of time you spend in a manual during a combo adds up. After ~10 secs or so of manual time it will become a lot harder to balance it.Ā 
Ā 

Press and hold X before entering a manual. That will give you much more speed.
Ā 

Last but not least: Do not use analog sticks, use the d-pad. Itā€™s much easier to hit the right directions in quick succession.

Ā 

Thatā€˜s basically everything you need to know about manuals. The rest is practice and patience.

Great tips. I noticed that yesterday with it remembering your last manual. I always panic when i change to a grind thinking im gonna bail as soon as manual again because my pointer was way off.

Ā 

Also do you use the d pad for everything because i cant move my figures quick enough to switch from analog to d pad whenever i grind or manual

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Great tips. I noticed that yesterday with it remembering your last manual. I always panic when i change to a grind thinking im gonna bail as soon as manual again because my pointer was way off.

Ā 

Also do you use the d pad for everything because i cant move my figures quick enough to switch from analog to d pad whenever i grind or manual

Yeah, I played the whole game with d-pad. The only drawback is that your thumbs will hurt after longer sessions with hard combos, gaps or ā€žget theresā€œ :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Yeah, I played the whole game with d-pad. The only drawback is that your thumbs will hurt after longer sessions with hard combos, gaps or ā€žget theresā€œ :)

Ouch, yeah that brings back bad memories from my ps1 days lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iā€™ve been progressing through them a lot faster the past couple of days (though I just got to Bullring, so I guess Iā€™ll see how that goes). WasĀ stuck for ages on Mall, but eventually got more confident with it. I didnā€™t have muchĀ trouble with School II and Venice like some seem to, but took a lotĀ longer with Roswell. I think once you get into the flow of it and get a few done it gets a little easier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only miss bullring and school 2 to get the trophy, school 2 is driving me crazy, anxiety a thousand, I tried yesterday and today for 4 hours and I couldn't. Ā I have difficulties reaching the last gap, and when I arrive, my manual is already super sensitive and I can't grind on the stairs

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I spent close to 7+ hoursĀ on Mall. I just couldnā€™t chain it all together for the life of me,Ā theĀ balance needle seemedĀ to be soĀ inconsistent, even when Iā€™d set it in the middle coming out of a wall ride/grind/manual Iā€™d bail instantly afterwards. I did eventually do it, woke up at 1am and couldnā€™t stop thinking about it... by 2:30am I finally nailed it haha.Ā The game brings out a whole new level of patience but I do love the challenge of it all, thereā€™s no way Iā€™d ever give in and canā€™t wait to get that platinum.Ā I think the games a blast and without a doubt one of the best games Iā€™ve ever played... but jeez is my right thumb sore.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.