Anyone else wanna give up on the 'got there' trophy?

The ‘Got There’ trophy is difficult, but try not to give up; some gaps will take a while to complete, but it is possible. I spent hours on the Mall, Roswell, School II, Venice, and Bullring. It felt great whenever I completed one of them :)

Just keep at it!

Edited by xHydroBoltx
  • Like 3

Im already thinking same lol. Im on the mall and im really getting pissed off with that last gap over the stairs. I cant seem to land it without crashing horribly but.....

I know i can do these with a bit of patience. I compare it to the time trials trophy on crash team racing. Yeah its tricky but not crazily difficult like alot of trophies out there and just takes practice and patience

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Im already thinking same lol. Im on the mall and im really getting pissed off with that last gap over the stairs. I cant seem to land it without crashing horribly but.....

I know i can do these with a bit of patience. I compare it to the time trials trophy on crash team racing. Yeah its tricky but not crazily difficult like alot of trophies out there and just takes practice and patience

If you've managed to get to the last stairs then the hardest part is behind. Last gap is very easy if you use wallride instead of trying to ollie the whole set. So don't grind before stairs, do manual instead.

Edited by BamRainey
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BamRainey said:

If you've managed to get to the last stairs then the hardest part is behind. Last gap is very easy if you use wallride instead of trying to ollie the whole set. So don't grind before stairs, do manual instead.

I always wallrided too long and always hit the ceiling or not enough that it wouldn't count. Manage to finally do it tho. Felt so good

The only thing that's stopping me from easily knocking these out is manual balance. Maintaining it just seems so inconsistent to me whether it's riding one out and balancing it to get to my destination or jumping from manual to manual (the balance cursor seems to jump or quickly make its way from the center to one of the ends.) Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Make sure to always keep the pointer in the middle when you jump out of a manual. The next manual will „remember“ the last state of the previous manual. If you end a manual when the pointer is at the top or bottom of the bar it will immediately go insane when you start another. Basically never leave a manual that is not balanced out.

Also try to save overall manual time by jumping or grinding more. The total amount of time you spend in a manual during a combo adds up. After ~10 secs or so of manual time it will become a lot harder to balance it. 

Press and hold X before entering a manual. That will give you much more speed.

Last but not least: Do not use analog sticks, use the d-pad. It’s much easier to hit the right directions in quick succession.

That‘s basically everything you need to know about manuals. The rest is practice and patience.

Great tips. I noticed that yesterday with it remembering your last manual. I always panic when i change to a grind thinking im gonna bail as soon as manual again because my pointer was way off.

Also do you use the d pad for everything because i cant move my figures quick enough to switch from analog to d pad whenever i grind or manual

11 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Great tips. I noticed that yesterday with it remembering your last manual. I always panic when i change to a grind thinking im gonna bail as soon as manual again because my pointer was way off.

Also do you use the d pad for everything because i cant move my figures quick enough to switch from analog to d pad whenever i grind or manual

Yeah, I played the whole game with d-pad. The only drawback is that your thumbs will hurt after longer sessions with hard combos, gaps or „get theres“ :)

I’ve been progressing through them a lot faster the past couple of days (though I just got to Bullring, so I guess I’ll see how that goes). Was stuck for ages on Mall, but eventually got more confident with it. I didn’t have much trouble with School II and Venice like some seem to, but took a lot longer with Roswell. I think once you get into the flow of it and get a few done it gets a little easier.

• 1 month later...

Mall took me like 15 minutes, while Downhill Jam took me by surprise, around 2h -_- couldnt make what other people made in videos, so I ended up using the Teleporter (like it was supposed to do), but it was so painful to do :/

School II was fun to do, I had a particular problem with Officer Duck in his car, bailed me twice when I was almost there ? Bullring can burn in hell -_-

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, TurtlePM said:

Mall took me like 15 minutes, while Downhill Jam took me by surprise, around 2h -_- couldnt make what other people made in videos, so I ended up using the Teleporter (like it was supposed to do), but it was so painful to do :/

School II was fun to do, I had a particular problem with Officer Duck in his car, bailed me twice when I was almost there 1f602.png Bullring can burn in hell -_-

Yeah, Mall ended up being one of the easier ones for me, but I agree that Downhill Jam was surprisingly tough. I think I had the most trouble getting the game to recognize the halfpipe grind gaps.

• Like 1

I started these 3 days ago, saw many vids on them and didnt think i could do them. thought i would give them a try anyway. totally stuck on bullring right now however i honestly didnt think i could do venice which took me 4 hours to complete. Hardest thing i have ever had to do in a game, dont think i can do bullring tho. will give it another few hours 

I just deleted the game with like six get there's left. Venice did me in. Fuck that touchdown manual. It took me forever just to get the damn thing to register for the gaps trophy, no way in hell I'll get it to work at the end of that ridiculous combo. I can't even get Ramp to Roof to register correctly, it keeps giving me Vent to Roof even though im coming from the ground. 

School 2 was ridiculous too, but I think I could have gone back and got that one, all the gaps at least work.

I didn't even want to mess with those stupid Heaven gaps ever again and Bullring looks like total bullshit. 

Im done, im moving on.

• Like 2

Come on guys, it's not that bad. Watch some people do it, for instance on youtube and try it. If it doesn't work take a couple of days off and then try again. Sometimes all it takes is a little break, maybe some complaining and afterwards you pull it off.

Granted I played the originals very very much, however many many years have passed since then.

For the insanely long manual in School II, either keep jumping between the manuals or, if you wanna pull it off by being mostly on the ground, try tapping the D-Pad instead of just pressing it. Kinda hard to explain. And just memorize what Officer Dick's driving pattern is. The last thing you wanna experience is having a good run ruined by him. Also, if your not comfortable with the order of the gaps, try switching it up, maybe a change of the gap order suits you well.

I watched a vid of all the combos and decided that I don't have it in me to do it. So I am passing on going for these.

Coupling that with the nightmare that is finding all the gaps and I am content gettign what I am gonna get trophy-wise out of this one. 

It's a great game. These hard get-theres are a true test to your skill and mastery of THPS games that I know so many people claim to be amazing at. I am content not earning it.