Anyone else wanna give up on the 'got there' trophy?

9 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Thanks, Gommes.

I'm gonna chip away at it and see where it takes me. 

I loved the original games more for the soundtrack than actually being good at them. This trophy really bummed me out but I'll complete the other ones in the meantime. 1f64f-1f3fb.png1f44a-1f3fb.png

Don't stress about it and you will totally be able to do it. If you have any questions, let me know and I bet most of the people here will give you very good tips as well.

• Like 1

Is it possible for someone to help me with School II ( I Just did ) and Bullring through SharePlay on PS5? I've done all the others, but I can't deal with these for weeks. Perhaps someone would be willing to give it a try? Done

Edited by Xaber2k_PL

My advice to anyone thinking about going for the Plat, don't. It's not worth it. If you've already started your journey into hell then here are a few tips while this shit game is still fresh in my mind:

Mall: The last stairs you have to clear "over the huge stair set" the best way is to wall ride and jump out of it as you get close to the bottom. In the long room prior to the stairs I opted for the red rail you can grind on the left side of the room

Downhill Jam: Got a good one for this. I went with grinding the left side (facing uphill) of the half pipe up and then grinding the other side down. When grinding up you have to start your grind at the very beginning of the pipe, its very sensitive, otherwise it won't register. Always jump and regrind while going uphill to gain some more speed. So you grind up and got "the other downhill halfpipe" then grind down to get "the downhill halfpipe" once that registers and you jump PAUSE THE GAME AND CHANGE YOUR SPEED TO 6/10 everything else can be 10 but bring your speed down or you'll more than likely fail the next part which is manual-jump-manual-jump

School 2: Fuck this thing. Because the length is so insane you have to jump as much as possible and not to stay in grind or manual if you don't have to. Your bar will be going bat shit crazy by the end so get good with using the D pad to control that bitch. I also have a personal theory that after an ridiculous number of grinds and manuals in one combo the game resets your grind/manual bar in the middle but keeps the sensitivity really high

NY City: I can't tell you why this was so hard for me. Got hit by the cars so many many times. On the first gap use L2 to come out of your grind into a manual instead of jumping off

Venice Beach: Although still hard this was relatively easy for me and I think I know why so many people struggle. First you have to aim for the left of the "R" when launching yourself off the ramp. Second, you HAVE TO Boneless (Up Up X) when jumping off the ramp. Third, THIS IS IMPORTANT, if your finding that the gap isn't registering then I promise you're leveling out your skater too early. Wait a little longer before holding R2 to level out. Once you get used to doing all three steps then you'll register the "Ramp to Roof" gap 8/10 easy, you just have to aim to land on the grind part. As far as the last long manual part, DONT hold X. You'll crawl your way to the "Touchdown!!" but its easier to manage and more likely to trigger the gap

Bullring: GOT IT! Saw a tip here to change the camera view to "far" so I did. I see people trying to aim their skater from full stop at the top of the stands to nail the Banana gap. I just kept going up the ramp, trying to aim for center, and using that momentum to get Banana gap and worked very well

Skate Heaven: Lower your Ollie stat to 4. You can nail all four gaps in one go without having to manual back around

Edit: added Skate Heaven 

Edited by TheGreatOneKobe
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don’t know how to do School 2.

I’ve played this dumb level for a total of 8 hours at this point. I’ve crashed on the final rail 3 times because my grind meter is so crazy and messed up the wallplant 2 times. Either the grind or manual is extremely out of balance by the final section, I inevitably crash near the final rail before grinding up.

What’s more frustrating is I will tap left/right and it won’t do anything in the meter so I can’t micro adjust. So tired of this garbage.

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I beat School II.

First round is on me, boys. 1f37e.png

I still have a lot more but I’m thrilled to be done with that. Good lord. 

Congrats if you have completed School II the platinum is pretty much yours. The other gaps are easy compared to that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I beat School II.

First round is on me, boys. 1f37e.png

I still have a lot more but I’m thrilled to be done with that. Good lord. 

Great job bud! If you can get School 2 then you can get them all ??

I went straight from School 2 to Venice to Bullring. They force you to be so good that the rest are cake in comparison.
Except NY City, fuck those taxis ?

20 hours ago, TheGreatOneKobe said:

Great job bud! If you can get School 2 then you can get them all 1f64c-1f3fc.png

I went straight from School 2 to Venice to Bullring. They force you to be so good that the rest are cake in comparison.
Except NY City, fuck those taxis 1f61c.png

Yeah I’m attempting to do the same. Finished Venice finally and just started Bullring.

Anyone have tips on how to reach the banana gap? I cannot for the life of me figure out how do it to even start this run. Every time I hit the barrier or fall way short.

Edit: I’ve seen a lot of videos jump right of the metal trussing bar. I’ll give that a shot tomorrow night. I think I’m gonna go with jump into middle, steer myself off right, and buttslap or late ollie to the banana. 

Edited by Wagszilla

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Yeah I’m attempting to do the same. Finished Venice finally and just started Bullring.

Anyone have tips on how to reach the banana gap? I cannot for the life of me figure out how do it to even start this run. Every time I hit the barrier or fall way short.

Edit: I’ve seen a lot of videos jump right of the metal trussing bar. I’ll give that a shot tomorrow night. I think I’m gonna go with jump into middle, steer myself off right, and buttslap or late ollie to the banana. 

You can reach it easily from a standstill. Maybe this video will be of some use for you.

I do notice my special is full. It’s been a while since I played this so I don’t remember if that made a difference.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tips for the harder ones, I still haven't done bullring. 

School 2: Use the line that starts with the open Sesame Rail. Remember that holding X into a manual keeps your speed going while not doing so puts you into a slower manual that quickly loses momentum but is easier to initially steer. 

The hardest part in my eyes is getting back to the rail at the start of the level. You need to get there with a fairly balanced manual and grind. If you can get there without the meters going crazy you're good. 

On the stretch to the last rail that contains the gym to rail or w.e as well, try and jump off in a way that you can press just left on the dpad to get to the rail. As long as you can make the turn without losing balance after the gym to gym or whatever you're golden. 

It's actually a really simple run if you can control your manual balance. Keep an eye on where it is after you end each manual so you can adjust on the next. 

Mall: People have trouble with the second gap. You don't have to use the ramp and it's easier if you don't. Just jump from next to the ramp and maybe slightly right to consistently hit that gap. 

The last gap, wall ride and if you get into the corner where you hit the roof do a wall plant, it will guarantee you land safely. 

Venice: I found this one super simple. It's all about the angle you launch off the initial ramp to the roof off of. You want to hit it not off the tiny part, but right where the two parts of the ramp make a corner, then grind the ramp on the roof into a manual. It's pretty easy if you've done school 2, it only took me like 7 tries. 

Edit: Previously someone said to boneless onto the roof. You can if you want but there is literally no reason to, their description of "you have to" isn't correct and if anything the boneless timing is harder than the line. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken

On 11/14/2022 at 5:19 PM, Baker said:

You can reach it easily from a standstill. Maybe this video will be of some use for you.

I do notice my special is full. It’s been a while since I played this so I don’t remember if that made a difference.

Thank you so much for posting this video.

Thanks to you I only have to grind to lvl 100 and I'll have another plat.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 2:42 PM, Mastodon_Slayer said:

Im trying this trophy and im seeing a lot of videos on youtube, but i cant understand how people got a lot of speed when they do a manual. Everytime i do some combos with manual to link the combo, my skater is very slow.

Are you holding down x

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I feel like this trophy and the level 100 one are consuming me, yet I can’t bring myself to give it up. All I have left is School II and Bullring combos. I have spent so many hours on School II and I just can’t keep the balance after the 2nd roll call rail, I’m just going to leave it for last. But Bullring… I start with “Nailin da Rail” on the wire over the half pipe to the stands, then “Launch to Banana” and then “Rail Plat” last. After several hours tonight, I finally completed the combo line… but my “Up to the Stands” didn’t register and I didn’t notice until after I landed the combo and nothing popped. I’m so close but damn it’s so frustrating at times. The only other I really struggled with like these was the Mall. Simply getting to that last gap alone was tough for me and then timing the wallride & wallie just right took hours. Meanwhile, Venice took me maybe 30-45 minutes and Skate Street 15 mins at most. I think I just really struggle with the ones that have long distances and require really good balancing.

EDIT: Finally got Banana Bandana the next day with my line, I borderline yelled in excitement afterwards lol. All that’s left is School II, wish me luck.

Edited by majorwoodie666
Spelling

On 6/1/2023 at 0:45 AM, majorwoodie666 said:

All I have left is School II and Bullring combos. I have spent so many hours on School II and I just can’t keep the balance after the 2nd roll call rail, I’m just going to leave it for last.

After almost 5 days and hundreds of attempts, I finally did the School II get there. I was honestly beginning to wonder if I’d ever actually do it. I looked all over YouTube for routes, guides, general tips, etc. Nothing stood out or felt like new info for me. Finally, I came across this video “Respect the Balance Meter w/Controller Display - THUGPRO” (definitely watch if you haven’t). I figured that even if it is on a different game/engine, I could still get some use out of it. Most of it I already knew or understood, until the creator starts talking about input lag and how it can make a huge difference if you’re not even aware it’s an issue. I start checking out my TV settings and tried setting it to the “game” preset and see if it would make a difference. After 30-45 minutes, I finally finished the line and would have finished even earlier if I didn’t bail from a flip trick off the last rail.

I couldn’t believe such a simple modification of my TV settings made that much of a difference. So if you’re really struggling with these challenges, especially the long distance/heavy grinding or manual ones like Mall or School II, check out your input lag and make sure you have the most responsive settings running on your TV or monitor. It seems like nothing, but when your balance meter is flying all over the place, that fraction of a second makes all the difference in saving yourself from bailing right at the end of the line.

Now I only need to get from lvl 93 to 100 and the platinum is mine!

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2022 at 12:29 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Keep going! 

I gave up to preserve my sanity. I lost it on Venice on the combo that requires you to manual across the planks of wood connecting the tables (Touchdown!). Even just getting that manual alone is so hit or miss due to popping up between planks. Putting it at the end of a combo is just terrible.

Did you end up getting Venice done? I just finished up the platinum today. Venice was a pain, but the manual section was made much easier by just dropping off the roof before it and not ollieing. That took off enough speed to make the manual section much easier

On 6/1/2023 at 5:45 PM, majorwoodie666 said:

I feel like this trophy and the level 100 one are consuming me, yet I can’t bring myself to give it up. All I have left is School II and Bullring combos. I have spent so many hours on School II and I just can’t keep the balance after the 2nd roll call rail, I’m just going to leave it for last. But Bullring… I start with “Nailin da Rail” on the wire over the half pipe to the stands, then “Launch to Banana” and then “Rail Plat” last. After several hours tonight, I finally completed the combo line… but my “Up to the Stands” didn’t register and I didn’t notice until after I landed the combo and nothing popped. I’m so close but damn it’s so frustrating at times. The only other I really struggled with like these was the Mall. Simply getting to that last gap alone was tough for me and then timing the wallride & wallie just right took hours. Meanwhile, Venice took me maybe 30-45 minutes and Skate Street 15 mins at most. I think I just really struggle with the ones that have long distances and require really good balancing.

EDIT: Finally got Banana Bandana the next day with my line, I borderline yelled in excitement afterwards lol. All that’s left is School II, wish me luck.

How'd you go?

7 minutes ago, MavrickSuperfly said:

Did you end up getting Venice done? I just finished up the platinum today. Venice was a pain, but the manual section was made much easier by just dropping off the roof before it and not ollieing. That took off enough speed to make the manual section much easier

How'd you go?

No, I deleted it and have since made peace with my non-platinum for that game. This post has had a similar effect as an ashtray would for someone trying to quit smoking, though 🙃

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...