What's the glitchiest trophy you've ever gotten?

ElevExplorer64

I'm asking about trophies that are made much harder than they should be because of bad coding, bugs, etc.

For example, the glitchiest trophy I've ever gotten was Honor Upheld from Little Deviants. You are supposed to earn this trophy by beating a friend's score on any minigame. This isn't a hard thing to do, so why is this trophy sitting at 2.34% rarity on PSNP? Well, way back in April 2012, there was a patch that introduced a nasty bug where upon logging into the game, you would be obliterated from the in-game leaderboards. Unless you knew someone who had last played the game online before April 2012, you were SOL and the platinum was impossible. I am very, very lucky to have this trophy. Am I going to platinum Little Deviants? I don't know, but it's not off the table.

Quarter Muncher in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.  This trophy is a little side thing that you can do on one of the DLC zombie maps that takes about an hour or two to prep.  Once you've prepared for everything you can attempt to beat the little minigame that is tied to this trophy.  The problem isn't that the game takes a little bit to get used to, it's the fact that you cannot restart the minigame to try again if you fail.  The minigame can be done solo, although I wouldn't recommend it, and even then you are reliant on you partners to be competent at the minigame as well.

Me and my friend luckily got it on our second try, but this was a trophy that we thought would keep us from the 100%.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

for me it was damage.ink from mercenaries 2 world in flames, it was a bitch to do as I went through about 6 partners or more to get that crapy trophy, as your meant to do the trophy in co op and blow up a lot of stuff but the problem I had was it never popped on the first 3 people and due to the servers sucking bad I had try a lot of people's sessions as after awhile the server won't let you connect with the other player and it is bs. made it so hard to get

Edited by KANERKB

Without a doubt Extra Effort  (2.40% Rarity) from FIFA 15.  

Not only it is almost impossible to do by just playing, you need to have two controllers, touch the AI sliders and then get an insane amount of luck, and even if you manage to do it, it may not pop if the game deemed that your player wasn't "completely on the ground"

29Sca9889.png World Traveler
Discovered all named locations

This annoying piece of work. Glitched on me, not once, not twice, not three times, not four. But, FIVE times! I had to do a new playthrough each time and I had to do a lot of side-missions to unlock some specific areas. I did all the side-missions three times and the game five times!

• Like 3

For me it's two trophies i got after several tries: :gold: Stealth Operative and :gold: Passive Aggression from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. You have to complete the game without raising any alarm and with 3 or less casualties in each mission. I'm certain both trophies should have unlocked after my 3rd playthrough but it wasn't until my 9th playthrough that i got these.

• Like 1

49Lb4a0fc.png

Battlefield: Bad Company

I am Bad Company!
(Online) Achieve all the awards

This doozy of a bronze trophy was broken for a year or more and required a rep from EA to manually adjust player's awards so the trophy could unlock. This 'fix' didn't come until after months of community uproar and was thought to be due to the spelling of 'Savior' vs 'Saviour', causing the game not to recognize the award as being earned.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

there was a patch that introduced a nasty bug where upon logging into the game, you would be obliterated from the in-game leaderboards.

That wasn't a patch. The developer was closed down before the game launched outside Japan. My speculation is that the function that allowed new entries to be added to the leaderboards was shut down as part of the closure, but the running of the existing leaderboards remained. The Japanese version didn't have the same problem. I don't know what the definition of glitch is, but Little Deviants was just broken.

My glitchiest trophy was: Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - Denizen. Spend 100 hours playing. The game would freeze and/or crash and eliminate any time spent in a game and not give credit for the time spent in that game.

49 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

For me it's two trophies i got after several tries: :gold: Stealth Operative and :gold: Passive Aggression from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. You have to complete the game without raising any alarm and with 3 or less casualties in each mission. I'm certain both trophies should have unlocked after my 3rd playthrough but it wasn't until my 9th playthrough that i got these.

I've read so many horror stories about those trophies but luckily they popped on my first playthrough. What I did have issues with were the trophies for completing various actions X amount of times. I must have collected close to 100 data sticks using level select before Data Hacker and Cyber Warfare popped.

• Like 1

Probably ParaNUT from Panautical Activity. It requires you to complete 45 unlocks (some are challenging like completing the game 10 times on hardcore mode, or complete the game on hardcore visiting every room to mention a few).

I played the game on Vita, on my journey to earn this trophy a couple of unlocks completed were gone when I turned on my PS Vita (on different days). Hopefully it was only a bug, I completed other unlocks and then I went after and I was able to reearn those 2 unlocks that were previously gone on different days, that time they remained completed. 

Edited by Deceptrox

My most recent one was Repo Man in Civilization 6. A patch rendered it unattainable as it removed the necessary spy mission to steal art from other civilizations. I had to delete my game and play without updating the game - I have the disc. They have fixed this trophy but it has another trophy that will not unlock in one of the DLC's preventing 100% completion. 

I am sure I have a couple others but don't remember them right now. 

For Honor! in the game of the same name was pretty weird for me. Played multiple matches during the season following when I started, didn't pop. Started to panic but had to put my PS4 in rest mode to go do some stuff. I came back, and it turns out it popped while the console wasn't even on. The screenshot is of the PS4 menu. Weird af.

The trophy Trap Game Strong 66Sdf4d02.png ( Successfully triggered 10 Vehicle Traps ) from Mafia 3.

Fulfilled the trophy requirements several times. Ended up turning off my internet because this game has online integration. Trophy popped after I got 10 Vehicle Traps, but it wouldn't pop when I my console was connected to the internet.

Wasted a few hours going for this one.

I actually can't remember dealing with many games that glitched on me. I've been pretty lucky. The only one I can think of that gave other people trouble was the collectible trophies in Lego Harry Potter. Platinumed both games three times across multiple accounts and never ran into any issues having to restart.  I've heard a lot of people had to with like 99% completion due to missing gold bricks or whatever. 

Dragon Age Inquisition on ps3.

The one for killing 1000 enemies where it didn't register and i had to complete the game 3 times for it to pop.

The worst part being no in-game counter which means you have no idea if it is working or if you will be playing the game over and over until your retirement

Screw you Bioware for taking 10 years off my life :spank:

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, away-kaa said:

Sniper Duel trophy in Minecraft Vita Edition. Skeleton just despawn when you are away from him. 14 hours for this trophy 1f624.png

Oh man. That trophy was AWFUL. Honestly, I'm putting off getting the platinum in the PS3 version specifically because of that trophy. Really not looking forward to it.

On 24/09/2020 at 5:33 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Oh shit, i had the exact same issue with Passive Aggression, i did 11 unsuccessful playthroughs back to back and it killed my love for the game if I'm honest. It was the only trophy between me and the plat.

Years later, I managed to do it on my first attempt (which technically was my 12th). Im convinced it was the bodies in the freezer level glitching on me, even though I barely touched them. Followed a video to the tee when I managed to pop it and my love kinda came back

Edited by AlienSteam
Spelling
  • Like 1