What's the glitchiest trophy you've ever gotten?

ElevExplorer64

On 9/24/2020 at 11:19 AM, Jounochi said:

Quarter Muncher in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.  This trophy is a little side thing that you can do on one of the DLC zombie maps that takes about an hour or two to prep.  Once you've prepared for everything you can attempt to beat the little minigame that is tied to this trophy.  The problem isn't that the game takes a little bit to get used to, it's the fact that you cannot restart the minigame to try again if you fail.  The minigame can be done solo, although I wouldn't recommend it, and even then you are reliant on you partners to be competent at the minigame as well.

Me and my friend luckily got it on our second try, but this was a trophy that we thought would keep us from the 100%.

You can replay it, you just have to use a workaround

1) complete the first 5 skulls for the machine
2) use the skull hacker fortune card and attempt the game (do not win)
3) Exit and charge the MAD at the machine for skull 6 and play for the achievement. If you happen to lose the machine should continue to work. Just keep using a charged MAD shot for additional attempts like normal.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:38 AM, SnowxSakura said:

You can replay it, you just have to use a workaround

1) complete the first 5 skulls for the machine
2) use the skull hacker fortune card and attempt the game (do not win)
3) Exit and charge the MAD at the machine for skull 6 and play for the achievement. If you happen to lose the machine should continue to work. Just keep using a charged MAD shot for additional attempts like normal.

I actually have Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare because you had to buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered with it, before you were able to buy it separately. I know tons of people had issues with the online trophy in the base game for winning five multiplayer matches, I'm not sure if that's still the case. So that may be a glitched trophy I may mention later in this thread.

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I actually have Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare because you had to buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered with it, before you were able to buy it separately. I know tons of people had issues with the online trophy in the base game for winning five multiplayer matches, I'm not sure if that's still the case. So that may be a glitched trophy I may mention later in this thread.

It is if you play on the NA or Euro servers, it unlocks fine on the japanese and asia servers. You just have to play on those and it'll pop the first match you play

• Like 1

The only PlayStation games I can think of where trophies have glitched for me is in ACA NeoGeo titles. They seem to have constructed a really bad system for triggering trophies and Xbox achievements in these games because it's not just one title that suffers from it but many. It also happens on both platforms and not just PlayStation. 

Getting 1.000.000 of bolts in the original Ratchet & Clank

It was simply an unintended amount of bolts to obtain, as you can see the Trophy icon displays 100.000 instead. I don't even remember how many hours I had to grind to get such a ridicolously high number of bolts.

And to this day I have no clue how this Trophy is so common.

In recent memory, definitely the 'Information Overload' trophy in Marvel's Avengers for collecting 50 intelligence files. (Although there was a ton of glitched trophies in that game)

Finally unlocked for me when I collected 97 files...was just mindlessly grinding with no idea when and if it would actually unlock. So much wasted time.

I had relatively good luck unlocking the glitchy cumulative PUBG trophies for 1000 kills and 10 wins, took about 50% extra for both but I've kept reading horror stories on that part of the forum about people having thousands of kills and not unlocking it. They have probably fixed those trophies by now but sure was stressing back then being way above the requirements and not to have a clue at what point would they pop if ever.

mine would have to be.

Fighters Megamix in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing.

you need to take out an opponent with each and every character in the game with an all-star move.

I had to do the requirements of this trophy 4 times for this trophy and the platinum to pop up back then.

The Entire Platinum trophy run in Legend of Kay Anniversary on the ( ps3 ).

there's a bug that will freeze your entire ps3, basically any huge explosion happen on screen will froze your ps3  and the only way to unfreeze it is doing a hard reset, what you need to do is to look away from these explosions before they set off, sound easy on paper but thanks to the stupid ass camera it's a hell on earth to move it away in time, this bug is still exist in the ps3 version to this day.

A guy called Quest in Little Big Planet 3.

I believe this trophy is still a buggy mess to this day, now thanks to this asshole hacker that ruined the server for the entire series the platinum is unobtainable now on all 3 games.

The Samaritan in Ratchet and Clank :A Crack in Time.

to avoid the bug with this trophy the moment you started the game, quit/go back to the XMB and delete the save files and ( system file of the game not the installation ) then start and play it.

clueless people will gonna play the game normally and do everything to 100% and this trophy will still not going to be unlocked.

Top Secret in Serious Sam 3: BFE ( ps3 ).

even if you did find all the secrets in the entire game on your first run this trophy will not going to unlock, what you need to do is to play the entire game again via chapter select by selecting the first chapter and play it again from start to finish finding all the secrets again for this to count and the stupid trophy to pop up.

I really thought I wasn't lucky when that happens to me, but after I unlock it I tried and check if this bug is still exist so I played the game again on two different alt accounts of mine finding all the secrets on first try and the trophy didn't pop up on both accounts, I replayed the game from chapter select on one of the two accounts and found all the secrets and the trophy popped up.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

I Regrow Nothing, from Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD.

It took them like a year to "fix" it, and even then I had to use a workaround to unlock it. Wasted so much time with that dull game.

Fuck that trophy! Because of this trophy, I swore to never ever play an Oddworld game ever again! Although I have been considering New & Tasty since the gameplay is supposedly completely different, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Munch.

It took me 7 playthroughs to unlock it even though I 100% had the requirements done each time, the 7th run was after the patch so I knew it had to unlock at that point! Luckily it did so I could finally delete that PoS game!

Another trophy I would rate equally terrible was Dominion from Infinite Warfare. It's a simple trophy for winning just 5 games in MP. However, when I was playing it nobody knew that the only way to pop it was to play in Japanese lobbies.

So I spent almost 60 hours on that MP, reaching over 630 wins on various gamemodes and trying everything possible to get it to unlock and of course it didn't.

Even when the Japanese lobby exploit was found, I managed to find a bunch of JP gamers while playing normally and added a bunch as friends. But even joining in their lobbies would not pop the trophy, so I gave up once again.

I waited another 2 months before attempting to play with the JP guys again just in the hopes that maybe it would finally unlock. After playing a dozen games, still nothing, so I was about to give up once again. Then I saw another JP guy that I hadn't played with for a while was playing S&D and there was an extra spot on his team. So I joined that on the last round, and as soon as the final killlcam started, it popped!! What a relief! 

Because of that trophy, I hated Infinite Warfare even though the zombies mode in that was amazing! I deleted the game right away and never looked back!

• Like 1

What Else Ya Got? - Complete all Mission Challenges from DOOM (2016)

So it popped up early when I was restarting a stage when I was grinding skills for challenges. So random.

I was real worried because it did it it may of screwed me out of the Plat. Thankfully it didn't. ?

Edited by Jamescush147

I don't think I've really had any glitchy trophies on PS4 thus far.  But on PS3....

Without a doubt, the following 4 trophies from Twisted Metal are equally tied:

11S355d55.png

11S355d55.png A la Mode
Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.

10S024c1e.png

Another Level
Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.

4Sbe3eff.png

Any car will do
Earn 50 Kills with Each Vehicle in Online Ranked Games

3Sb948e8.png

Point, Shoot, Kill
Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games

I had to fulfill the criteria for each of these trophies a full three times over.  I swore to myself that if they didn't start popping on my third run, then I would just abandon them and leave the trophy list incomplete.  Anyone who's ever played this game knows how hellish the MP trophies were to do - basically, none of your stats would count towards anything unless you were the host of EVERY SINGLE MATCH that you won or even scored a single kill in.  If you earned 45 kills with one vehicle in ranked matches that you personally hosted, then you scored the last 5 kills in someone else's game, chances were that your kill counter would effectively "corrupt", and you'd have to start all over again.

But I persevered with them, and thankfully they all unlocked when they were supposed to during my 3rd attempt at them, and the TM platinum is now by far my rarest plat to date.  I highly doubt that I'll ever score a rarer platinum than that one.

On 16/07/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

I swore to never ever play an Oddworld game ever again! Although I have been considering New & Tasty since the gameplay is supposedly completely different, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Munch.

You should give New N Tasty a chance.  Its gameplay is very different from that of Munch - it's a remake of the original Abe's Odyssee from the PS1, so it's a side-scrolling platformer.  And no glitched trophies either. :)

Edited by StewartBros

39Sf5c375.png

Online Champ

Place 1st in 25 different online levels with other human players

45Sf964bb.png

The Adventures Continue
Complete 100 community levels

Me and my friend boosted the Online Champ trophy and he got it at around his 30th level. But for me, I placed first in well over 100 levels before I got the trophy.

With Adventure Continue I didn't get it until I completed around 350-400th community level.

• Like 1

MAFIA III

The New Boss: Flipped 16 Racket Bosses

No Loose Ends: Killed all of the Racket Bosses

- 2 completely different playthroughs.

- The game is a mess

- had to get both trophies on one sitting each one (8 to 10hrs sessions)

- no internet connection

- took me 6 playthroughs to finally get the platinum trophy

- there are like 6 other trophies that you may need to get on one sitting too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

MAFIA III

The New Boss: Flipped 16 Racket Bosses

No Loose Ends: Killed all of the Racket Bosses

- 2 completely different playthroughs.

- The game is a mess

- had to get both trophies on one sitting each one (8 to 10hrs sessions)

- no internet connection

- took me 6 playthroughs to finally get the platinum trophy

- there are like 6 other trophies that you may need to get on one sitting too

Completely unnecessary that they make you do this. I know at least two DLC trophies that are glitches, one of which I had to turn off internet connection to get. 

• Like 1