Unable to load saves

gafpiratehook

I think my save is corrupt in a nasty way: my game makes save that could not be reloaded.

If I start a new game/level I can save, and in first 30 minutes or so the save(s) could be even reloaded but at some point, out of nowhere, saves become not loadable and the only way to complete the game is in one sitting while not reloading at all. This could be done in easier level but mastering hard levels in one go with no room for mistakes is just nuts.

I'm considering a wipe of all (I tried deleting and downloading again the game, even done so with save using cloud to get it back) but I have mastered 8 levels and I'll be bothered if forced to do so.

Infos for this game are scarce, almost zero for PS4 version: any suggestion to fix this nasty glitch?

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me, I got incredibly lucky my partner had put my ps in rest mode by accident a few days prior which I hate but meant I had a cloud save, I ended up doing a fresh install and carried over the cloud save, I think it only set me back 4 challenges.  Only way I know to fix it.  Good luck!

On 2/10/2020 at 11:47 PM, DrewSol450 said:

This happened to me, I got incredibly lucky my partner had put my ps in rest mode by accident a few days prior which I hate but meant I had a cloud save, I ended up doing a fresh install and carried over the cloud save, I think it only set me back 4 challenges.  Only way I know to fix it.  Good luck!

Yeah, I think you're right: the only way is to have an old, not broken, save, because nothing can apparently fix a bugged one.

I restarted from scratch, now I make a manual copy of the save on PC after every couple of masters earned, and I'm playing hardest levels now leaving 10 easy ones for the 20 masters trophy for the end, this way if anything will go wrong I'll still be able to complete easier levels in one sitting.

Luckily I like the game, so it's not that boring to replay it ?

EDIT: just happened again, 1 hour into "Thicker than water" and last save is corrupt, so I assume the entire savefile is now bugged. Only one hour lost thanks to backup, still annoying...

I'm not sure if even first time my savefile bugged in this particular level but it's highly probable, I'll leave "Thicker than water" undone for now, just to be safe.

EDIT2: again and again... It seems like is something unavoidable no matter what I do: if I reload my 7 masters save in a couple more saves glitch occurs, if I reload my 5 masters save glitch occurs in about 12 more saves (but after my 5 masters save I'm sure that I have saved more than 10 times, so it's not a problem of how many times I saved in a cumulative way).

I'm still unable to find a reason for this glitch, so I can't figure a way to avoid it at all: I'm afraid I'll have to keep playing with this additional handicap, but this is damn wrong...

Edited by gafpiratehook

• 2 months later...