Sell it now? Or Later?

Tomato

Was just wondering what option you guys think are the best as I have no one else really to ask ._. is too long for a status update I believe.

Anyways now that's all out here is what I was thinking, I am going away in like a week to Thailand for educational purposes and I won't be back until at least February, during that time Beyond Two Souls will come out which I am really looking forward to for obvious reasons and I will only be able to get it when I come back. Recently Sony announced that Gakai or whatever they will call it will be ready 2014 for streaming games services, so basically I was thinking should I sell my PS3 now with all my games and play Beyond Two Souls on PS4 with Gakai or play Beyond Two Souls on PS3 when I come back in February and sell all after then? I guess I am asking is the extra amount worth the wait and I assume the game will be one the first available for the service as it is a PS3 exclusive.

Thanks in advance for any sort of response.

Pretty much what renatabls said, don't sell your ps3, even if it was going to complete the money for the PS4. You are going to regret the unability of playing your ps3 games from that point on. I do believe that you, as many of  the gamers around here, have a huge backlog to accomplish yet. If you sell your ps3 right now, the backlog goes with it. The PS4 games will be very expensive at the beginning and the offer will be pretty small at the beginning. Wait a little more, the PS4 price will drop and you may have both consoles at the same time. Also, you can activate 2 PS3 and 2 PS4 on your own account, so you won't need to deactivate your PS3 to "make space" for your PS4.

But, in case you really really want to sell your ps3, sell it now because you will be able to get a higher price for it. There is a lot of people that buy the previous console at the release of the newest one. I was one of those kind of people.

Well there's still a lot about Gaikai we still don't know. 

When will Gaikai become available? They say early 2014 but what if it's ends up not being available that early, Do you want to wait that long?

What kind of subscription model are they using. Pay-per-game, a flat monthly yearly rate? How they approach that will effect how much it would cost to play the PS3 games you still want to experience. 

Also, not every PS3 title will be available, so it's a question of when you think it will be added and how long are you willing to wait. 

Personally I wouldn't sell your PS3 unless you really need the money. I have a feeling the extra money you'd get selling now as opposed to 6 months from now isn't that much and they're are too many variables in regards to Gaikai. You might be able to play Beyond Two Souls as soon as you get back, you might have to wait a year or more. Personally I don't think it's worth it.  

I'm with the majority in saying you should keep your PS3 as we don't know all the details of Gaikai and what games they'll have available to stream. It is very possible that they won't have a lot of the games you'd like to play again in the future. However, if you're hellbent on selling your PS3 and you've decided you're ding it no matter what, sell it now to get a higher price for it. The longer you wait to sell it, the less you'll get for it especially after the PS4 releases. 

Parker

I agree with mturismo on this one.

Gaikai may not be as stable as we expect or wanted it to be. And since there is no guarantee of what games

or whatsoever titles will be playable during launch., I wouldn't give it a risk.

And personally., I wouldn't be selling mine either. Like I've said in previous post..

she's still a thing of a beauty...

playstation-3-super-slim-89011.jpg 

Credit Photo: http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com

I'm with the majority that would like to see you keep the console, however if you truly believe it will be your only hope to get the new console and that is important to you I'd say it makes sense to do it sooner than later. Unless you wait on some type of special deal, that is. I'd say that you should think more about what you think is important rather than our opinions.

I wouldn't sell the PS3, we don't even know the power of Gaikai and we don't know much about it at all to cut to conclusions.

I think you are best off keeping the PS3, I regret consoles I have sold in the past and now I just keep the ones I have heaps of games for. It's not worth the quick money, believe me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, guess I will keep it since money isn't really an issue as had money separated for both consoles for a while but it never hurts to have more and more importantly don't know how Gakai will be exactly also heard its delayed for Europe so yea.

0921.gif