Chapter 5 The Race Discussions

Oo_pommes_oO

Got the race done on Classic on third try. Once you get used to the handling of the car and the track it isn't really a too big of a problem imo.

Don't brake too late or try to steer while braking since your car won't turn.

Get ahead of the AI as soon as possible and maintain the lead. AI seems to brake quite early before a turn so make that your moment to overtake if possible.

If you happen to do a mistake retry by loading checkpoint to save time.

Edited by preciseRNG
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Oo_pommes_oO said:

you can start the race on easy and go to the third lap, you just have to switch the game back to classic before the finish line

and Boom Trophy 

That surely voids the classic playthrough trophy. 

Edited by andy22385
  • Like 1

Just beat the race! Took me about an hour. I know it's cliché, folks, but practice really does make perfect with this one. If you spin out (which I did a lot at first), keep going and finish the race! Why? TO PRACTICE THOSE CORNERS. They're going to be what you've really got to nail down if you want to beat this race on Classic difficulty. The Ram button is your best friend. Use the Ram button, :cross:, to keep yourself steady and give yourself a nudge in the right direction when going round awkward corners. Aside from that, remember that you don't need to be first the entire time! Just make sure to keep yourself near the front of the pack. Certain vehicles are scripted to wipe out at certain times during the race. If you're in second place going into the final lap, don't wipe yourself out trying desperately to overtake the person in front of you. They will wipe out on their own eventually!

Best of luck, folks! Keep at it and you'll get it eventually! I've included footage of my winning race in case it might be of help to any of you.

• Like 2

It seems like it's "easier" for who played the original Mafia, in 2002. It was way worse than the Definitive Edition. Still, it could've been made better for the sake of fun. 

I have done it three times now. 3 to 4 cars always auto-explode (scripted), notably the leader, at the last curve. Gotta learn to break and accelerate in bursts and I cut through the curves, on the grass, wherever possible. 

Keep at it, and the ones that need it will get it. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, ImMagnetz said:

Just beat the race! Took me about an hour. I know it's cliché, folks, but practice really does make perfect with this one. If you spin out (which I did a lot at first), keep going and finish the race! Why? TO PRACTICE THOSE CORNERS. They're going to be what you've really got to nail down if you want to beat this race on Classic difficulty. The Ram button is your best friend. Use the Ram button, :cross:, to keep yourself steady and give yourself a nudge in the right direction when going round awkward corners. Aside from that, remember that you don't need to be first the entire time! Just make sure to keep yourself near the front of the pack. Certain vehicles are scripted to wipe out at certain times during the race. If you're in second place going into the final lap, don't wipe yourself out trying desperately to overtake the person in front of you. They will wipe out on their own eventually!

Best of luck, folks! Keep at it and you'll get it eventually! I've included footage of my winning race in case it might be of help to any of you.

You’re a real one my friend, congratulations! ???

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oo_pommes_oO said:

you can start the race on easy and go to the third lap, you just have to switch the game back to classic before the finish line

and Boom Trophy 

Nah, not having it. 

You will void the trophy surely if you attempt this method. Unless there is proof or a video showing this, I wouldn’t attempt this for those thinking of trying it.

• Like 1

I actually can’t believe how easy this race on classic difficulty was. I either got real lucky, i’m a good driver or everyone is overreacting how hard it is lol. From seeing everyone’s posts and seeing Powerpyx say it might be a platinum blocker, i expected it to be one hell of a challenge. But it honestly took me no more than 15 minutes. I restarted the race a bunch of times at the start and twice during the end of lap one where i spun out. But that’s it. 

A few tips which i got from another forum:

Use the ram button (X) to go around corners. It’s a lot easier. Just tap X and steer through the corner and it will make the car turn sharply into the corner. I used this for pretty much every corner.

The second and third corner, you can cut the grass. This is especially good on the first lap to overtake 3-4 cars. On the sharp zigzag corner, use the ram button to turn sharply left and then accelerate out. On the home stretch on the third lap, keep holding in R3 and stay in front of second place to block him from overtaking. 

Honestly with these tips you should do it easily. 

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 1

Took me an hour. Actually, after you get the first corner don't try to rush. AI is faster but not good on corners. You will get them one by one eventually. Make sure to check your back (R3) after the last corner on the final lap. A crazy dude appears out of nowhere, you better block him, he may pass you.

Hate to be that guy, but the difficulty here is grossly oversold and is in no way a plat deal breaker.  Shouldn't be anyway.  Took me 30 minutes, maybe.  It isn't easy but way doable and there are other segments in the game that are more difficult than this.

If you haven't started this game yet and this thread has you worried, don't let it.

1 hour ago, TemplePilot said:

Hate to be that guy, but the difficulty here is grossly oversold and is in no way a plat deal breaker.  Shouldn't be anyway.  Took me 30 minutes, maybe.  It isn't easy but way doable and there are other segments in the game that are more difficult than this.

If you haven't started this game yet and this thread has you worried, don't let it.

I know, right? It’s not hard at all. I was expecting it to be some sort of impossible race the way people were going off. Took me like 20 minutes. I restarted the race a bunch of times after the first corner. But that’s it. 

I found the last chapter way harder than the race.

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 2