Chapter 5 The Race Discussions

Oo_pommes_oO

22 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I am curious as to how long it takes some people to complete this segment. 6 hours sounds a little exaggerated. Anyway I'm sure by the time I get around to this there will be a bunch of recommended strategies.  

I'd say 6 hours is a fair estimate for some. I feel like I put around that much time into it. Although I do suck at racing games, the race itself is a combination of luck and skill.

I feel like I spent more time between loads than some runs of the race. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire

22 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Now hold on a second, for Battlefield 1 they nerfed the multiplayer version of those turrets which affected them in the campaign. That's why the trophy was was much harder to earn until they fixed it.

Yeah i know that, but in situations like that you can delete the patch if you have the disc based game. I think there is also a method to delete on digital ones(i could be wrong tho)( and this is not wrong, its called a exploit).

But anyway it doesnt give you a free pass to cheat a trophy through shareplay, or cheat it through any other means. As i said in my previous post, having somebody do it for you through shareplay is same as using someone elses save file(only difference is another person is doing it for you). My opinion about it? Trophies today are not the same as they used to be on ps3 era.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah i know that, but in situations like that you can delete the patch if you have the disc based game. I think there is also a method to delete on digital ones(i could be wrong tho)( and this is not wrong, its called a exploit).

But anyway it doesnt give you a free pass to cheat a trophy through shareplay, or cheat it through any other means. As i said in my previous post, having somebody do it for you through shareplay is same as using someone elses save file(only difference is another person is doing it for you). My opinion about it1f44d.png Trophies today are not the same as they used to be on ps3 era.

The point I was trying to make is that the BF1 challenge was broken for a while and that was not part of the original, intended challenge.  

4 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I'd say 6 hours is a fair estimate for some. I feel like I put around that much time into it. Although I do suck at racing games, the race itself is a combination of luck and skill.

I feel like I spent more time between loads than some runs of the race. 

I don't think I could play a solid 6 hour session stuck on one part of a game, I'd feel the compulsion to play or do something else with my free time. But good for you or anyone else who sticks with it and doesn't get too frustrated. When I do play this I'll try not to get to hung up over the platinum or classic difficulty. 

Edited by bikeman223

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

The point I was trying to make is that the BF1 challenge was broken for a while and that was not part of the original, intended challenge.  

I don't think I could play a solid 6 hour session stuck on one part of a game, I'd feel the compulsion to play or do something else with my free time. But good for you or anyone else who sticks with it and doesn't get too frustrated. When I do play this I'll try not to get to hung up over the platinum or classic difficulty. 

Shoot I didn't do it in 1 sitting lol. I was at it since thursday amd got it last night. 

36 minutes ago, andy22385 said:

Why does the guide suggest 2 playthroughs if this race is the hardest part? I mean surely if you can do the race it's no different on 2nd playthrough? So you may as well just start on classic unless I'm missing something. 

Because the guide is written by PowerPyx. He always recommends two playthroughs for a more casual first playthrough even though there's no other reason for it.

Honestly after reading this I expected it to be so much harder. 20-30 mins and done. Really not meaning to be a brag though. Best tips I can give is cut to the left at the start. I was ending up in 3rd after the first few turns doing that. I even was first after lap 1 once. 

Honestly even with a shocking mistake on turn 1 on the 3rd lap i ran off the track and dropped from 1st to 3rd but the next 2 corners you really don't have to slow much at all (just release accelerator a bit don't press brake) then i flew back past them. 

Not slowing 'too' much helps a bit on the shortcut as well. Honestly i felt that was a sloppy run as well, i wish there was a way to upload a video here. But i think just make sure you have a decent position after the first lap and it's not too tricky. You can gain so much on the 2 corners after the first hairpin. 

Time was 4.42 and edit : i didn't even know the ram gave a speed boost ??? yeah keep at it guys

Edited by andy22385
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, andy22385 said:

Why does the guide suggest 2 playthroughs if this race is the hardest part? I mean surely if you can do the race it's no different on 2nd playthrough? So you may as well just start on classic unless I'm missing something. 

The driving is affected on Classic - being your first playthrough a lot of banter and story exposition is done during driving and unless you are careful and obey the speed limits you might find yourself being constantly involved with the police if you drive 'videogamey'. On your second one you can just skip-drive the non-essential parts. Gunfights are a bit harder and/or annoying on some points due to mechanics too.

As a general I'd say 2 is best because you can skip a lot of cutscenes and driving in your second on Classic, you're acquainted with the maps and enemies (don't show on Classic), and you use the first one to play and enjoy + collectibles before going trophy hunting everything you missed.

The race... I got it in 20-30 minutes without the X ram boosts. Best advice is to drive as clean as possible and avoid the mess in the turns on the first lap. Find a clean line and try to cut through, after first few fails I was always 3rd or 4th after the chicane (do not cut that part btw) breaking is only 1st and on the turn before the chicane. Otherwise keep your line, keep clear of enemies and play with your throttle a bit  to keep your speed in longer turns.

I think I got the 'game over' screen more times on "A trip to the countryside" because on-rail parts are pain and the truck is made of Styrofoam.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

The driving is affected on Classic - being your first playthrough a lot of banter and story exposition is done during driving and unless you are careful and obey the speed limits you might find yourself being constantly involved with the police if you drive 'videogamey'. On your second one you can just skip-drive the non-essential parts. Gunfights are a bit harder and/or annoying on some points due to mechanics too.

As a general I'd say 2 is best because you can skip a lot of cutscenes and driving in your second on Classic, you're acquainted with the maps and enemies (don't show on Classic), and you use the first one to play and enjoy + collectibles before going trophy hunting everything you missed.

The race... I got it in 20-30 minutes without the X ram boosts. Best advice is to drive as clean as possible and avoid the mess in the turns on the first lap. Find a clean line and try to cut through, after first few fails I was always 3rd or 4th after the chicane (do not cut that part btw) breaking is only 1st and on the turn before the chicane. Otherwise keep your line, keep clear of enemies and play with your throttle a bit  to keep your speed in longer turns.

I think I got the 'game over' screen more times on "A trip to the countryside" because on-rail parts are pain and the truck is made of Styrofoam.

Ahh i see. Yeah i can imagine that's a pain. Well i did the race fairly easy to be honest so i guess ill just carry on now and see how i go. Hopefully don't have to restart 

Ok, don't take this as bragging but as encouraging to people who want the platinum and are a little worried. After reading a lot of posts and comments on this site and others, i was very afraid of this one. I start the race prepared for hours of trying, and got it before the 60 minutes mark.

I didn't cut corners on grass, i didn't use the ram (X) button, i didn't use the speed limiter or any other trick. You can get it just by racing like any other racing game.

Im a pretty mediocre gamer, so if i can do it, you can do it, it shouldn't be a deal breaker for the platinum for anyone. Honestly, i found CTR Nitro Fueled on Normal a lot harder than this, lol. Just give it a try and be patience.

here's my race 

29 minutes ago, pumajlr2001 said:

Ok, don't take this as bragging but as encouraging to people who want the platinum and are a little worried. After reading a lot of posts and comments on this site and others, i was very afraid of this one. I start the race prepared for hours of trying, and got it before the 60 minutes mark.

I didn't cut corners on grass, i didn't use the ram (X) button, i didn't use the speed limiter or any other trick. You can get it just by racing like any other racing game.

Im a pretty mediocre gamer, so if i can do it, you can do it, it shouldn't be a deal breaker for the platinum for anyone. Honestly, i found CTR Nitro Fueled on Normal a lot harder than this, lol. Just give it a try and be patience.

here's my race 

Yours was very similar to mine. I'm sure you gain nothing going over grass tbh

On 25-9-2020 at 2:43 PM, communistwookiee said:

There's a reason why I've been checking these forums less and less lately, and it's definitely the increase in bitching threads lately.

God, yes. So many trophy hunters hate having to put in effort. Can you imagine? Oh, no! Same thing with the Mlie High Club mission in Modern Warfare (original) on Veteran. The bitching about the last mission, and using exploits to beat it on the easiest difficulty, because they can't handle the difficulty spike the game throws at them.

As the kids these days would say: noobs, hah.

I'll be cussing as I try to beat this on Classic mode. But I was able to beat the race in the original back in 2002, when I was still very young. I'm positive I'll nail this one eventually as well.

• Like 1

I didn't know about the use of X to make things simpler so I ran it normally (Classic difficulty). 5-6 tries got it done, many AI drivers crash which helps, what I can suggest is:

Lift and coast before taking on a corner, don't brake late because this car is not a modern day F1, heck it's not even a modern day city car. It has no ABS so brake as if you were the ABS, or the wheels will lock and the car will sBin. Last corner can be taken full speed, the quick S before it needs to be taken carefully because the kerbs will send you flying it hit straight. AI drivers take corners very slow so there's really no need to go Ricciardo on them, brake early :)

1 hour ago, Oo_pommes_oO said:

you can start the race on easy and go to the third lap, you just have to switch the game back to classic before the finish line

and Boom Trophy 

You get the "Supercharged" trophy even if you play on Easy difficulty. This might screw up your Classic playthrough and void the trophy.