PSVR. Suggestions

Blackmist_FFXI

• 1 year later...

I read that the Gungrave VR game was terrible, so I would recommend getting something else.

I am sure that everyone will recommend stuff like Beat Saber, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Pistol Whip, The Playroom VR, and Wipeout Omega (and I recommend them as well), so I will recommend other far less popular titles that I thought were very fun too:

Electronauts, Dance Collider, Stardust Odyssey, OhShape, and Audica.

Fujii and Catch and Release were very relaxing, but Fujii is short (just 2 hours long) and Catch and Release (although great and relaxing) didn't feel as fun as the ones I recommended above.

Enjoy!

I've had a hell of a time w. The VR.

I dabbled with most of the suggestions. Some are still on shelf waiting for backlog to die down (oh boi)

Unfortunately my old pair of glasses stuffed one of the lenses hardly noticable when playing but I know it's there lol!

I put so many hours into beat saber with out even trying like..

(Why am I tired I just started -- oh it's been 6 hours and it's 2 am)

Untill ya fall is also very fun.  But extremely brutal really need situational awareness 

Gun grave VR... Yah.... It was suggested to me by a GameStop employee.... I loved it on the ps2...

But this.. you don't even need the VR.

Controls are wonky. Didn't get past the tutorial glad I never got a ? on that title...

Twd: (forgot the title the one we're ya rebuild Alexandria). 

Really fun! Just wish the hit markers were alittle  more accurate, the instakill w knife was satisfying... But I think they nerfed melee.

Haven't had much time to play on it as of late sadly 

Focus on Games made for Vr specifly.
Vr modes for flat screen can be decent, but you still end up playing the same Flat game. Giving the game a few Vr game elements doesnt make it a good Vr game. (Thumper , Trackmania Turbo come to mind. Plenty more with unnecessary VR modes).

As for the actual games I would go with these.

• Blood & Truth - Cliche action movie turned into a game. TRIPLE A game , Hollywood actors. Decent story and fun gameplay.
  • Gun Club Vr - Wave based shooter with hostage situations, zombie mode, and few other modes. Much more than just shooting range game.
  • Pistol Whip - John Wick simulator with some rythm game and bullet hell elements.
  • Beat Saber - Hit blocks with lightsabers on the rythm of the song.
  • Superhot VR - Time moves when you move, first person shooter.
  • Until Dawn Rush of Blood - On the rail shoooter with horror theme , set in Until Dawn franchise.
  • Creed or Knockout League - Bit of boxing.
  • Box VR - Fitness app in style of Beat Saber. Punching blocks on the rythm of the song.
  • Racket Fury- Table Tennis - Great game but requires a LOT of space to play as you jump around the room a lot.
  • Shooty Fruity - wave based shooter, Work as a Cashier in a shop and shoot enemies at the same time.
  • In Death - bow and arrow + shield Roguelite dungeoncrawler game. Remind of Dark Souls but with Bow and arrow. Very hard and enjoyable but a lengthy plat.
  • Until You Fall - Fantasy Roguelite with combat like For Honor but in VR.
  • Rush Vr - flying with wingsuits , Campaign for solo and Multiplayer to play with friends. Very hard ,very enjoyable.
  • Vader Immortal - NOTE mainly focus on the Lightsaber Dojo mode if you want a good experience. Campaign is decent but short.( Episode 1 is Lightsaber combat, Episode 2 is Force Abilities, Episode 3 combines the previous two and adds Blasters and grenades.
  • Paper Beast - story based game, very unusual world . Hard to describe, but 100% reccomend to VR begginers.

Will add new reccomendations to this post as I find more good games.

Edited by Prometheous101
Added some info

For those feeling sick when playing VR,

If just uncomfortable play for 10 minutes if you can, do it a few times.

Dont force it , but keep trying.

Your brain adapts to VR over time.

I had puked when I played Doom VFR first, now Im flying around the room in Pistol Whip and Racket Fury with no problem.

NOTE - dont turn on Smooth Turning as a VR begginer.

Use Teleport option and No Smooth Turning 

As a begginer I would highly reccomend focusing on games that are played with Moves and stay away from the DUALSHOCK games till you get used to VR.

Edited by Prometheous101
Added some info

I have Vader immortal the story (ep 1) was kinda sad but interesting.  The dojo is hella intense!!  But I'm enjoying it. Was doing ~10 waves before work trying to 3* all missions. Man sometimes it depends on if the driods want to shoot or not lol..

Untill ya fall is a blast from the past hack n slash kinda reminds me of a mix of area 51 arcade shooter with gauntlet legends I've only gotten to 1st boss.  Rerunning 1st chapter for mats because grind. But it's really fun 

Beat saber is great DDR just wish ya could port songs over like ya can on PC.. 

I have blood & truth unopened. Haven't gotten to it sadly lol. Everyone says is amazing.

I thought Gun club VR was a 'build a gun' simulator  good to know if has a shooty mode.

I'ma add sniper elite to the list of things to check out I've heard a mixed bag of things about it. Most the issues at launch have been fixed.  

• Like 1