Car collector bug

kikakiki75

9 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Didn't work for me in the two times that I've tried it so this way isn't guaranteed to work for everybody

Then the trophy will remain glitched. I haven't tried yet, but we should make acknowledge the developers about the issue through Twitter. 

21 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Then the trophy will remain glitched. I haven't tried yet, but we should make acknowledge the developers about the issue through Twitter. 

I have both on twitter and through a ticket on the rocket league website, they gave the standard response of they will pass it on and can give no time frame on when it will be fixed so it could still be broken at this time next year

8 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I have both on twitter and through a ticket on the rocket league website, they gave the standard response of they will pass it on and can give no time frame on when it will be fixed so it could still be broken at this time next year

Pretty odd. I followed the instructions for erasing the game data (the saved files) and restart the game. Trophy popped. I don't know what's the issue here of if you only deleted the whole game instead of the files, but for me worked.

Hope you can find a fix and developers find a way to acknowledge this problem. 

16 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Pretty odd. I followed the instructions for erasing the game data (the saved files) and restart the game. Trophy popped. I don't know what's the issue here of if you only deleted the whole game instead of the files, but for me worked.

Hope you can find a fix and developers find a way to acknowledge this problem. 

I doubt they will in the ticket I raised on the website they thought I was talking about season rewards

Having problems with this one as well - I’ve tried deleting the save data and starting a fresh game several times with no luck. I’ve been uploading/restoring from PSN cloud saves instead of USB, but I can’t imagine that makes a difference.

Sucks because other than the 50km trophy, this is all I need to get the plat. 

Deleting save worked for me.

For those who have issues with this, do you guys have your account connected with PC version? Seems like those who only played the F2P version without using cross-platform progress have no issues.

Edited by HusKy

On 15/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, HusKy said:

Deleting save worked for me.

For those who have issues with this, do you guys have your account connected with PC version? Seems like those who only played the F2P version without using cross-platform progress have no issues.

Yes, i played mainly on PC, connected all my accounts together and started playing on PS4. Still haven't been able to get the trophy. 

I'm thinking of unlink my PS4 platform from the Epic Games Account and try to get the 5 cars (again) on my own from scratch, but i'm not sure if i can vinculate the same account again after that.

I FREAKING GOT IT!!!! Here's EXACTLY what I did:

DISCLAIMER: I started playing after the game became free. I never ever played it on any other platform.

Deleting user data or reinstalling was not working for me.

DISCLAIMER 2: BE WARNED. It takes 30 days to change your primary account back to your original one. You've been warned

0. I was in the in-game settings while doing this

1. Go to rocketleague.com/activate
2. Make your Epic Games account your primary account
3. Backed out to see that I still had all my stuff except I was now level 1.
4. Closed the game, went to delete delete user data.
5. Opened the game

6. VOILA. The trophy popped out as soon as I opened the game

Edited by GodlikeCat
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, Snakemaru said:

Just got this an hour ago.

Here's what I did.

1. Backed-up my local saved data to a USB.

2. Erase the local saved data from my PS4.

3. Started Rocket League game.

4. Trophy popped after pressing any button at the Main Menu.

To retain all my progress after getting the trophy.

5. Closed the game.

6. Copied my saved data from USB to PS4.

7. Started Rocket League game again to check if all are intact.

Tried this method last month when the game first went Free to Play. This method did not work then and does not work now.

On 5.10.2020 at 5:17 PM, Snakemaru said:

Here's what I did.

5. Closed the game.

Also works for me

The instructions in the trophy guide aren't very clear -- the trophy has unlock 5 cars, but the instructions go on talking about unlocking Sweet Tooth.

I have all 11 the cars listed in the trophy guide, but no trophy.  I Rocket League for an hour back when it was released and didn't pick again until it went F2P.  I recall it going through some unlock process where it gave me all those cars for being a legacy user?  Maybe something to do with the trophy not unlocking?

I was facing the same problem as well but I can confirm that by deleting the save file and restoring it from a backup (doesn't matter if retrieved from USB or PS cloud storage) you can solve the issue. Popped two trophies that are "Car Collector" and "Drops in the bucket" on the title screen right after I did that.

On 04/11/2020 at 7:40 PM, TheLordDos said:

I was facing the same problem as well but I can confirm that by deleting the save file and restoring it from a backup (doesn't matter if retrieved from USB or PS cloud storage) you can solve the issue. Popped two trophies that are "Car Collector" and "Drops in the bucket" on the title screen right after I did that.

Done this about 5 - 6 times and it doesnt do anything for me and a few others here sadly, its not a guaranteed solution and after 3 tries it unlocked the painted trophy only

Just got this to pop. The save data trick didn't work for me after trying numerous times, but what did work was my friend trading me 5 cars and then it instantly popped. I had a win with all 11 cars you normally need, but as soon as I got ONE car from the trade, this trophy popped. I'm not sure if it was the one car that got it to pop or the five traded together, but just something for people to know in case they haven't tried this out.

Now all that's left is the Far, Far Away trophy and I've secured the plat!

1. Have a friend agree to trade with you
2. Have them trade ONE body/variant of body you have. You don't have to trade anything in return. My friend traded 5 cars and I didn't trade anything. I would advise to just have them trade 1 item as it may be the case only 1 new body is required for the trophy since it's been glitched.

3. Confirm that the trophy has unlocked after the trade has happened. If not then maybe it's 5 cars that are needed in the trade. As I said, my friend traded 5 car bodies (some were colour variants) and the trophy popped when I got the notification for the first car that was traded. 

4. If the trophy has unlocked, then it's up to what you and your friend have agreed to, but either keep it or trade it back if you specifically agreed to trade back after (which was the case with me and my friend as I didn't care about the new body).

5. If it hasn't worked, try it again but with 5 cars this time.

NOTE: I bought the DLC pack with the Endo car. That didn't do anything for unlocking the trophy.

Edited by AMKrishnan

22 minutes ago, AMKrishnan said:

Just got this to pop. The save data trick didn't work for me after trying numerous times, but what did work was my friend trading me 5 cars and then it instantly popped. I had a win with all 11 cars you normally need, but as soon as I got ONE car from the trade, this trophy popped. I'm not sure if it was the one car that got it to pop or the five traded together, but just something for people to know in case they haven't tried this out.

Now all that's left is the Far, Far Away trophy and I've secured the plat!

This sounds like a great idea, thanks for posting this! Now i just need to find someone to trade with lol, id literally trade everything i have for this platinum ive played more than enough of rocket league

18 minutes ago, OnlyCass said:

This sounds like a great idea, thanks for posting this! Now i just need to find someone to trade with lol, id literally trade everything i have for this platinum ive played more than enough of rocket league

Thanks! Hopefully others find it useful too :) I was SO glad it worked dude! 

I'd offer to help but 1. Idk if I have any bodies that others won't have and 2. If I did, I'd find it hard to trust people online due to PTSD from Pokemon trading online where people never traded back :( 

Wish you the best of luck mate!

EDIT: I've edited my OP with steps to make it clearer for people although it should be straightforward.

Edited by AMKrishnan

On 05/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, Snakemaru said:

Here's what I did.

5. Closed the game.

This method did not work for me :(