Trophy Thoughts / Shmup Fans Excitement

Lord_Bane999

How long would you say an average shmup player (or less than average haha) would take to get this platinum? @Drag-On-Detritus

Also, is it generally a hard platinum as nobody has obtained for the EU version yet and it dropped a3 days ago I believe.

Regardless of difficulty I’m buying this anyways, looks amazing and it’s only £15.99 which I think is good for decent looking shmup

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WOLFHEARTGUY said:

How long would you say an average shmup player (or less than average haha) would take to get this platinum? @Drag-On-Detritus

Also, is it generally a hard platinum as nobody has obtained for the EU version yet and it dropped a3 days ago I believe.

Regardless of difficulty I’m buying this anyways, looks amazing and it’s only £15.99 which I think is good for decent looking shmup

I'd say 20-30 hours is generally what it would take mostly due to the extremely grindy high score trophy. I wouldn't say getting the plat is hard, there is even a 'failsafe' god mode that gets unlocked after 30 hours (however it invalidates score so it's only good for anyone who's having trouble with Hard Mode). Difficulty maybe 4/10. Everyone can the plat some may just take a bit longer than others.

I beat hard mode before god mode unlocked last time but I remembered nothing from doing the game on x360 & had to re-learn most things, still took a bit over 20 hours of dying/sighing/retrying & farming lives. 

Speaking of that, Hard Mode is completely over the top with tons of bullets that come really fast. I'm better with slow bullets & had to farm a lot of lives for some stages. Never the max amount but close for some levels. There's a later chapter with a turret tower puzzle shooting section that made my head spin on hard. Almost always wasted a few lives there just so I didn't have to dodge the last 30 seconds of rotating blocks. Can't wait to bang my head up against that wall again haha.

The way the game is structured with playing individual stages one at a time with the system of earning extra lives to start the stage with means progress almost certainly happens eventually. The first play through of each difficulty can be a bit of a bugger, I felt a little bit underpowered sometimes, the best weapons unlock a little late.

Oh the stage 2 no-radar trophy is really annoying IMO. I ended up dying on purpose a lot to take advantage of the fact the radar won't spot a recovering ship. 

I'd say in a week or two, maybe even less than that people will start to get the plat as they wrap up the score grind. I've picked a bad time to start it so probably next week for me.

Talking about this game has the Chapter 4 music stuck in my head, it's time to fire it up & have a good old session!

• Like 1