How did you loose your 4 Streak?

silent_strike777

Figured I’d make a fun thread to see how many times people have not only lost their 4 win streak going for that coveted 5th, but also the most ridiculous way & how bloody close you came to the win.

The games full of glitches & randomness so feel free to rant & share! 

My stories below... 

The two 4 streaks I’ve lost are not really super exciting stories.
1st time I just quit slime climb because of the hoard of people I was stuck in. Got back to the main menu & watched the kudo’s go up right before my eyes. Had been working up to 4 & going for that 5th for 4 hours straight. 
2nd 4 streak L was a 6 person hexagon, with me & 1 guy left below me on the bottom floor. I had the high ground 1 floor above & had my 2 buddies spectating keeping me calm & guiding me. Bottom blue floor had tons of tiles available & I was in the perfect position to drop & cut this guy off with next to nothing left for him to stand on. Ended up dropping & not cutting him off to play it safe & take my own route. My thumb slipped from all the sweat hitting the x button. Didn’t jump & the next jump fell short & I bounced off the single gapped tile leading me to a huge patch of blues all to myself. Pure choking disappointment ;(

I’ve lost a ton of 3 streaks from silly glitches & server lag. Worst one I had actually won the last 3 games in a row. Played a fall mountain (my best game finale) My character is literally holding onto the crown in the screenshot before this other guy even made contact with it. Boom eliminated. Even on the eliminated screen my guy was still holding the crown with other guy still just barely into his jump. Worst part is I won the next game after & that would have been an easy 5 right there.  

I've lost two 4 win streaks as well so far.

The first i was on one of the higher levels in hexagon when someone landed on me causing me to roll and fall uncontrollably down past the last three floors into the slime.

The second i was on jump showdown when some jerk grabs me letting the bar launch me into the slime. Considering how many times i've lost a streak because of that im no longer going to play jump showdown while i have a streak going.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmartinez8089 said:

I've lost two 4 win streaks as well so far.

The first i was on one of the higher levels in hexagon when someone landed on me causing me to roll and fall uncontrollably down past the last three floors into the slime.

The second i was on jump showdown when some jerk grabs me letting the bar launch me into the slime. Considering how many times i've lost a streak because of that im no longer going to play jump showdown while i have a streak going.

My dude, I hear you on jump showdown. My win rate is pretty high on that one, but it’s always a huge 50/50 gamble playing that one on a streak. The day I had my 1st 4 streak I had to quit 4 jump showdown finals in a row!!! Sucks because I guarantee a couple or more of those could have easily been the 5th. I’ll play jump typically with 1, 2, or 3 wins. 3 only if I have a party teammate or two with me to help. 
Can be a such simple win but also completely screw you if someone gets grabby & lucky. 

• Like 1

I had 3 streaks of 4 wins in a row.

The first one ended because I lost on tip toe. The second loss happened because I accidentally jumped on perfect match and got pushed off and the third one (the most painful one) happened on hex-a-gone when there were me and 2 other guys left. They were on the lowest floor had like 10 tiles remaining and I was on the third lowest floor. All I had to do was jump on the platform below me and get the win but I went through the floor and died

I just lost my streak on Jump Showdown. If the final game is Jump Showdown I usually win, but not the one time it mattered lol. There was 3 of us left and we were all on the same platform. The guy to my left grabbed me at the last second so I couldn't jump and the bar knocked both of us into the slime. 

To give you an idea of how unlucky I am with the streak: I reach the final almost everytime (If I don't, it's either because of team games or RNG), I win at least once per day... But my highest streak has been of 2, achieved twice, and in an occasion it was legit.

Not complaining that much btw, the game is funny but I am just waiting for that day where I finally win five games in one/two days without my streak being broken for ridiculous reasons to come :P

I've lost 5 4-streaks so far.

1st - Block Party. Really dumb of me to play this on a high streak but it was round 4, I was feeling ok, and I was niave. Ended up ragdolling at the end and couldn't get up.

2nd - Jump Showdown. At this point grabbing wasn't as prevalent as it is now. I got grabbed super early, it took me by surprise, failed.

3rd - Slime Climb. One of the quickest eliminations I ever had on Slime Climb - this one was on the very first row of pushers and the huddled mass of people made it impossible move or get momentum. Seconds later I'm hit by the pusher and right into the slime.

4th - Jump Showdown. I know, I know. After the last time, why play Jump Showdown? Well on this streak I was probably going for a 5th win for a bit over 2 hours. Pretty much every final was Jump Showdown. Instead of quitting, I just decided to play since I was tired of playing full rounds and quitting, and Jump Showdown is one of my best finals anyway. Got the glitch where my guy didn't jump, Eliminated.

5th - The most recent and most painful. Finally got a Hex final when on a 4-streak, and had the best start you could've asked for - people falling early and leaving large swaths of tiles. I was wrapping up the last few tiles on a level and was moving my cam to plan my fall and see where everyone was at. I had the next 2 or 3 floors completely to myself, i just needed to execute. I took a somewhat risky fall so that I could jump a narrow path to a large group of tiles. Misjudged my fall, took out 2 tiles, and fell. I panicked, thought about quitting, then saw I was landing on the last floor on a tile. I decide to stay in. Just as I'm about to land, someone runs across my screen and takes out the tiles I was going to jump to. I messed up quitting and got Eliminated.

Playing on PC but my first 4 win streak ended with me insta diving off the edge of hexagon and missing every single floor on the way down. Never happened to me before this but I decided to randomly choke on my 5th final. 

Ended up getting a 7 win streak the week after which made up for it.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

21 hours ago, nhindian said:

I've lost 5 4-streaks so far.

1st - Block Party. Really dumb of me to play this on a high streak but it was round 4, I was feeling ok, and I was niave. Ended up ragdolling at the end and couldn't get up.

2nd - Jump Showdown. At this point grabbing wasn't as prevalent as it is now. I got grabbed super early, it took me by surprise, failed.

3rd - Slime Climb. One of the quickest eliminations I ever had on Slime Climb - this one was on the very first row of pushers and the huddled mass of people made it impossible move or get momentum. Seconds later I'm hit by the pusher and right into the slime.

4th - Jump Showdown. I know, I know. After the last time, why play Jump Showdown? Well on this streak I was probably going for a 5th win for a bit over 2 hours. Pretty much every final was Jump Showdown. Instead of quitting, I just decided to play since I was tired of playing full rounds and quitting, and Jump Showdown is one of my best finals anyway. Got the glitch where my guy didn't jump, Eliminated.

5th - The most recent and most painful. Finally got a Hex final when on a 4-streak, and had the best start you could've asked for - people falling early and leaving large swaths of tiles. I was wrapping up the last few tiles on a level and was moving my cam to plan my fall and see where everyone was at. I had the next 2 or 3 floors completely to myself, i just needed to execute. I took a somewhat risky fall so that I could jump a narrow path to a large group of tiles. Misjudged my fall, took out 2 tiles, and fell. I panicked, thought about quitting, then saw I was landing on the last floor on a tile. I decide to stay in. Just as I'm about to land, someone runs across my screen and takes out the tiles I was going to jump to. I messed up quitting and got Eliminated.

Hahaha, I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh but that's so unlucky!

Here's hoping you get it soon.

I've only ever lost a 4 win streak on slime climb, I was starting to play it safe, perhaps a little too safe, and proceeded to go so extremely slow at the end and basically one of those bouncy things pushed me off to the right into the slime.

Lost a few 3 win streaks after that over 2-3 days, I nearly gave up, I'd win all the time but just get unlucky after 3. Finally got it the next time I got 4 in a row with hex as my final. It was a really easy win as well and I'm quite confident on that final.

I was never going to go for it originally but I started winning so much that I basically felt like I had to try. Have now been infallible since the 5th September. I've honestly never felt relief like it. Just waiting for season 2 now.