Classic Difficulty Race

reddlotus_

For everyone who is complaining:

1)This is hardest difficulty, not everyone is supposed to be able to beat the game on it.

2)Did you ever play any car simulator before? Like gran turismo for example Anything not Need for speed with at least some physics? If you did than this race is just a mediocre challenge - nothing hard at all. It took everyone I know who is familiar with simulators around 20-40 minutes.

Of cause you are not expecting to see simulator on  shooting game but we have what we have.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

For everyone who is complaining:

1)This is hardest difficulty, not everyone is supposed to be able to beat the game on it.

2)Did you ever play any car simulator before? Like gran turismo for example Anything not Need for speed with at least some physics? If you did than this race is just a mediocre challenge - nothing hard at all. It took everyone I know who is familiar with simulators around 20-40 minutes.

Of cause you are not expecting to see simulator on  shooting game but we have what we have.

I don’t mind a challenge. But when it’s poor game design and bullshit controls then it’s just unfair. 

• Like 4

Where are your primary failure points? My #1 suggestion is to go as slow as you want on the 1st turn on the 2nd and 3rd laps. As long as you are staying inside the innermost lane during the turn, they cannot pass you. So get in the inner lane and brake as much as you need just before the turn to make that happen. That is where I kept spinning out so bad before I realized that quirk of the racer AI. Also, due to the scripted crashes, your goal is not to win the race, the goal is just to get to 4th place before turn 4 of lap 1 and then maintain your position. If you can get to that position and then keep in visible range of the car in front of you, you will win the race as those ahead of you crash their cars.

10 hours ago, SuperNeos2 said:

4 hours I gave up. Deleted the game. Will never play this game again or even touch Mafia 2 or 3. Can’t believe I wasted $60 for all 3 games for this shit. 

9 hours ago, SuperNeos2 said:

I don’t mind a challenge. But when it’s poor game design and bullshit controls then it’s just unfair. 

You already touched Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 years earlier, but you never bothered finishing them. Looking at your list, challenge obviously isn't your strong suit, so just move on. Your fault if you wasted $60.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

You already touched Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 years earlier, but you never bothered finishing them. Looking at your list, challenge obviously isn't your strong suit, so just move on. Your fault if you wasted $60.

Yeah but I was gonna go back and finish them to clean up the trophy lists. 

I don’t mind a challenging experience if it’s fair and gives me a fighting chance. But when the controls are an abomination then it becomes a problem. It’s like if you bought a Call of Duty game and you suddenly get a mission where you have to do platforming akin to Uncharted or Tomb Raider. 

I am moving on don’t worry about it. Don’t have time to waste on one broken mission when there’s other games I can be playing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/9/29 at 4:45 PM, ReoJee said:

Race on classic took me 2 hours of trying to beat.

What you have to know, is that some events are scripted there. 2 drivers total (besides the European at start) will crash at different point of the race.

What I did:

1) Once the race starts, after first turn you have to be at least 7-9 place already, so press on and turn with ram button (X) to the left. If you're lucky, you will make the turn, unless someone rams you as well and then you will be off road.

2) The next two turns, cut on the grass, the car does not lose control because of it. After this i already come at 2-4 place.

3) On fourth turn, 1st place opponent car will crash, if you're lucky, you will become 1st place, if not - 2nd place.

4) Another scripted event - during 2nd lap or sometimes 3rd, the current 1 place will crash on the zigzag turn.

So if you are 2nd after first 4 turns, just keep on and don't fuck up. Just trail him, and eventually they crash on the zigzag turn.

So basically, what I did for two hours was restart and try to follow this. If you make it out the first 4 turns as I wrote, then you are good to go. Then you just have to drive careful and check the back camera for cars trying to overcome you.

Yeah. After getting familiar to the routine of the race, you need read this guy's tips.

Honestly, i don't know how to drift because I'm a completely RAC games moron. But i can say in this race, the ram button "X" is the most important which can balance your car and make the turn very smoothly.

BTW, when i was 2nd and in LAP 2, the 1st car crashed after bouncing and this unlucky bastard just blocked the 3rd and the 4th car. Consequently i led the cars behind me by almost 100 meters. But the cars which fell behind would never make any mistake anymore. So in LAP 3 even i didn't make any mistake, i still just won the race maybe by just 5 meters. Those 3 crazy cars just didn't stop to try to surpass me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like and I suck at racing games!!  I'm trying for hours to win this race in the classic... I've lost my temper and I'm about to give up!  Does anyone know any glitch or can help win this race?  only this can save me in this game!?

Edit: After a long time.. I win!! Is very hard this!!

Edited by fantin_ghost
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to start off with classic difficulty (to get the infamous race over with). The race took me about 70 minutes to do. I turned off the music and dialogue so I could concentrate more. I was aggressive going into the first turn and then laid off the gas for all the other turns. I made a good amount of errors (especially hitting the barricades on the 3rd lap) and I got lucky at the finish line but all that matters is that I won.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 3:45 AM, ReoJee said:

Race on classic took me 2 hours of trying to beat.

What you have to know, is that some events are scripted there. 2 drivers total (besides the European at start) will crash at different point of the race.

What I did:

1) Once the race starts, after first turn you have to be at least 7-9 place already, so press on and turn with ram button (X) to the left. If you're lucky, you will make the turn, unless someone rams you as well and then you will be off road.

2) The next two turns, cut on the grass, the car does not lose control because of it. After this i already come at 2-4 place.

3) On fourth turn, 1st place opponent car will crash, if you're lucky, you will become 1st place, if not - 2nd place.

4) Another scripted event - during 2nd lap or sometimes 3rd, the current 1 place will crash on the zigzag turn.

So if you are 2nd after first 4 turns, just keep on and don't fuck up. Just trail him, and eventually they crash on the zigzag turn.

So basically, what I did for two hours was restart and try to follow this. If you make it out the first 4 turns as I wrote, then you are good to go. Then you just have to drive careful and check the back camera for cars trying to overcome you.

This method worked for me, was 3rd at the first scripted event and got 1st place when the 2nd scripted event happened and held onto it. Be careful on the final straightway ,other cars seem to always catch up to you.

I see everyone saying to use the ram button while going around corners. How is that helpful? It only rams me into the wall.

This race was the reason I never beat the game back in the day.

EDIT: And I just got it because the AI messed up right before the first crash and almost every car got stuck behind one car. Damn, that was lucky!

Edited by DoodgraverNL
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any tips for doing the first turn during laps 2 and 3? I'm getting decent at every other section but I can't for the life of me get the first turn consistently good. Its easier on the first lap since I can just smash into the other racers to help me make the turn but when I'm in 2nd or 3rd I can't make the turn.

2 hours ago, davestovies said:

Does anyone have any tips for doing the first turn during laps 2 and 3? I'm getting decent at every other section but I can't for the life of me get the first turn consistently good. Its easier on the first lap since I can just smash into the other racers to help me make the turn but when I'm in 2nd or 3rd I can't make the turn.

I found just staying on the outside for that turn worked out best for me. You can keep most of your speed on the outside 

3 hours ago, davestovies said:

Hard brake at the last billboard as it was mentioned in the video linked in the trophy guide. But don't hold L2 for too long or your car is gonna spin out. Tap L2 a second time, if you're still too fast. You need to really slow down before that corner. That was key for me.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:09 PM, davestovies said:

The racers are programmed to go for the inner lane on that sharp turn, so as long as you are at least 2/3rds of the way into the innermost lane on the curve, they can't pass you no matter your speed. So slow down as much as you need in order to make the turn.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Race took me about 2 hours probably. That first turn when you're speeding into your second lap is killer. You have to take that first turn extra slow, then in the next 2-3 turns just speed through them with the ram to get further ahead. I used ram to correct myself but not too much because it would sometimes make me spin out,  but on the long turns, it was great at reorienting me in the right direction, you have to feel it out because it wont solve all your issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me 5,5 hours, i was prepared for more tho. My advices are the following:

As soon as the race stars just press R2, reach maximum speed and like 30mts before the first turn stop pressing R2 and then 10mts away from the turn press the touchpad for a second and the press it again, so the speedlimiter is going to cut your speed to the one that you need to take the turn, then start taking the turn really slowly while tapping R2 every 2 seconds and take the turn very slowly, after all that just cut to the grass, in the last grass section use L2 a litle bit to avoid crashing against the wall. 

After that grass section comes a turn to the left in which a racer is going to crash, just stop pressing R2 and take the turn, after you take it, keep pressing R2, but don't press L2 as it only slow you down. In the next turn stop pressing R2 20mts before the turn and then press the touchpad for a sec and touch it again, after that continue with R2, then keep going, before the next turn just stop pressing R2 and slowly take the turn (in which you can fly and turn over if you go too fast), after that press R2 again, in the next turn use the touchpad process again and from that turn and till the end of the lap just press R2 nothing more, nothing less, no touchpad, no L2. 

Once you finish the first lap continue at full speed and 30 mts before the 1st turn press L2 until you slow down to 40miles/kilometers per hour then press the touchpad and take the turn very slowly, while pressing R2 from time to time until you finish the turn, trust me, that's a game changer. After all that continue doing exactly the same the things that you did in the 1st lap, in the 3rd lap do as you did in your 2nd lap, and the most important part of the race is to block other racers before you finish a lap as they are way faster than you in that section; when i finally completed the race a racer almost took the 1st place out from me but i manage to rammed that mother****** and saved my 1st place in the last 20 mts (i'll post a video of my race later on).

And that's it, trust me guys i already suffered for you all for 5,5 hours and here is what you are looking for, stop searching on youtube or other post, this is the right answer, because trust me, TRUST ME, i sucked at this race, at the training courses from Titanfall 2 (8hrs), COD Modern Warfare Remastered (1,5 hours) and COD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (5hours) but in the end i succeed because i never gave up even if i was trash, so keep trying, because is a fact that i'm way worse player than you, random person reading this, so, you can do it too.

This Race is pretty hard, I've been playing since yesterday and really can't make it even after watching Youtube videos and reading this thread and trying all of the suggestion, it doesn't help that I actually hate Car or racing games and never played them so if you are like me avoid this game unless you really want the challenge.

I'll keep on trying but man this is giving me headache, I hate racing games so much...

Update: Just got the trophy after many tries (around 40 or so) I took breaks and just watched videos to notice my mistakes and make better runs and Got 3rd and 2nd place before winning eventually.

So if I did it anyone can for sure, I'm pretty bad at racing games because I don't like them but with training can be achieved.

Thanks to all of you and your advices in this thread, helped me and now I can enjoy the game properly.

Edited by NajiLionheart

I did this trophy fine before but now that i'm trying to work on the NA stack i'm having troubles. The thing i don't understand is why the car doesn't turn half the time? it's not realistic? If you brake your car you can always turn left right seems like thats not the case in this game.

This is my run to getting the dumb race done. 10 hours+, mad how easy it looks after.  

Focus on moderate speed, and cutting corners well with speed in tact.  First turn will kill the run even in r2 or r 3 (if you are 2-4, can still catch up).  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:37 PM, theSpirae said:

Seeing this thread I expected a brutal difficulty but it wasn't that bad. Took 4 attempts. Definitely way easier than in the original game. What worked for me is X/Ram instead of breaking. It makes cornering a piece of cake.

That's definitely the key! I started the game last night, since it's a PS Now freebie. It took me roughly an hour's time to get a hang of the handling along with learning the track, but I found the race mechanics pretty enjoyable once I got the feel for it. Coming in first felt really satisfying. I recorded my gameplay too, you can see the race at the 2:00:00 hour mark.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I won the race after restarting about 10 times. If you can't get 2nd/3rd place after the first 4/5 turns, then just restart. There are only about two scripted crashes for the NPCs.

Another tips is that don't break or accelerate too hard, otherwise the car will spin. Just be patient after you got an ideal position. 

I played Gran Turismo games so this is not too difficult, if you don't play racing games then probably need some practice.

• Like 1