Finding Fun in Gaming Again Communiity

Unknown_v2_0

On 08/10/2020 at 2:40 AM, Unknown_v2_0 said:

yeah having fun is way more important then stressing over trophies. Sounds like you are enojying yourself so that's awesome! For me unfortunately i have been focused on trophies and getting them as fast as possible that its causing me to rush through even good games and not really enjoy the experience like i should be....skip all dialogue, go direct to objectives etc.... it's like a bad habit at this point :(

I know a lot of people do that with VNs and otome games. When I saw otome games like shinobi koi utsutsu only taking 4 hours to plat on your profile, I figured you must have skipped through as that game took me 20 hours to plat reading everything and only skipping parts I already read.  I play a lot of Japanese otome games and VNs but I read everything as I find them very interesting, however it takes up a more time, all the ones I've played were at least 20-30 hours minimum :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I know a lot of people do that with VNs and otome games. When I saw otome games like shinobi koi utsutsu only taking 4 hours to plat on your profile, I figured you must have skipped through as that game took me 20 hours to plat reading everything and only skipping parts I already read.  I play a lot of Japanese otome games and VNs but I read everything as I find them very interesting, however it takes up a more time, all the ones I've played were at least 20-30 hours minimum :) 

Actually reading them should be the way to play them (at least fist playthrough). Glad you enjoy them :)

Skipping through is really just non gaming lol. you are buying the game just for the trophies at that point......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything special to be number 1? Like did you get money or anything? I think the answer is no at least for me everyone had one point in life to reconsider their descions such a the gaming and trophy hunting habits. I can imagine how boring it is to stack 7 games over and over again every single day...you will miss out the fun in life! So you basically waste your time and money to just to be on a ranking place...think about the first time when you played games what did you do and what was the most fun thing you had.

I will say I had many memories for Gta San Andreas when I was a kid...GTA5 is on my second place. 
I know how it feels to see yourself climbing the ranks but at the end of the day it’s nothing more than a place...it will not compare to someone else with other impressive and good games.

So sit down for a moment and think about this...perhaps do you do anything else beside gaming? Play guitar, swim, sing whatever fits your boat I’m sure you will find something hopefully. Good luck!

Edit: I hope also one day here if they make other types of leaderboards like utlra rares and so on... ?

Edited by FearlessElle

On 10/28/2020 at 5:14 PM, FearlessElle said:

Is there anything special to be number 1? Like did you get money or anything? I think the answer is no at least for me everyone had one point in life to reconsider their descions such a the gaming and trophy hunting habits. I can imagine how boring it is to stack 7 games over and over again every single day...you will miss out the fun in life! So you basically waste your time and money to just to be on a ranking place...think about the first time when you played games what did you do and what was the most fun thing you had.

I will say I had many memories for Gta San Andreas when I was a kid...GTA5 is on my second place. 
I know how it feels to see yourself climbing the ranks but at the end of the day it’s nothing more than a place...it will not compare to someone else with other impressive and good games.

So sit down for a moment and think about this...perhaps do you do anything else beside gaming? Play guitar, swim, sing whatever fits your boat I’m sure you will find something hopefully. Good luck!

Edit: I hope also one day here if they make other types of leaderboards like utlra rares and so on... ?

Actually there is a rarity leaderboard, for some reason I couldn't find a way to look it up straight from the site but if you google it you can look it up.