Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joust25

joust25's Dispute

26 posts in this topic

joust25

Twisted Metal
Don't really know why anyone would flag my twisted metal after all this time, but it was done legit. I did not edit my timestamps and don't have a clue how to do so. Someone is simply an ignorant fool. So who is the coward that flagged  it? What's a matter did you miss out before the server closure you little bitch! Sorry not sorry!

Edited by joust25
Typos

I'm not the cowardly ignorant fool of a bitch who reported you for the record. The only thing that looks out of place to me is that you earned Twisted Gold (Earn a gold medal in every campaign event and boss fight on Twisted difficulty) and We Buy Gold! (Earn a gold medal on every campaign event in any difficulty mode including co-op)  long before completing Mr. Grimm's and Dollface's stories (and other story related trophies).

I may be misremembering but aren't those two stories part of the campaign?

You should also post the reason for the flag so that people can better help you.

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

You should also post the reason for the flag so that people can better help you.

While they didn't copy and paste the reason for their flag, they did state it in their eloquent opening:

Don't really know why anyone would flag my twisted metal after all this time, but it was done legit. I did not edit my timestamps and don't have a clue how to do so. Someone is simply an ignorant fool. So who is the coward that flag it? What's a matter did you miss out bef9re the server closure you little bitch! Sorry not sorry!

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I'm not the cowardly ignorant fool of a bitch who reported you for the record. The only thing that looks out of place to me is that you earned Twisted Gold (Earn a gold medal in every campaign event and boss fight on Twisted difficulty) and We Buy Gold! (Earn a gold medal on every campaign event in any difficulty mode including co-op)  long before completing Mr. Grimm's and Dollface's stories (and other story related trophies).

I may be misremembering but aren't those two stories part of the campaign?

Seems like you hit the nail on the head with that. Unless those two trophies are glitched in a negative way and do not unlock while you progress through the story... The time that this was done on their profile was during a server shutdown announcement and you must complete Twisted mode to unlock the Warthog vehicle that counts towards the "Any Car Will Do" trophy. Maybe in a panic prior to the server shutdown they decided to use a save file to unlock Warthog and grind the online with it while overlooking the fact that there are trophies out of order on the list.

Honestly don't even remember what happened, been to long. But I know I did not edit timestamps! Sergen they might have glitched. I am not worried about leaderboards anyway, just don't like to be accused of something I did NOT do.

Yeah, this won't be lifted.The trophy timestamp ordering is impossible. 

I think the report here might be false though. That was your own first reaction to it @B1rvine.

Tell me in private why it's out of order etc, because the reason it was actually reported seems to be wrong, and I think I asked for it not to be approved.

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I think the report here might be false though. That was your own first reaction to it @B1rvine.

Tell me in private why it's out of order etc, because the reason it was actually reported seems to be wrong, and I think I asked for it not to be approved.

There are story related trophies on this game that require you to complete the Dollface storyline and the Mr. Grimm storyline through natural progression of the game. One of the first trophies joust has earned on the game is for completing the game on Twisted difficulty with gold medals on each event, Mr. Grimm and the Dollface storylines are included in the requirements for that trophy and unmissable along the way to getting gold in each Twisted event. I highly doubt those 2 story related trophies are glitched. 

Edited by Sergen

Double post but necessary... Below is a list of trophies I see that should come naturally before "Twisted Gold: Earn a gold medal in every campaign event and boss fight on Twisted difficulty" that were earned after said trophy on joust25's list:

1.  Truly Twisted: Complete the Story mode on Twisted Difficulty
  2.  ...and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal: Complete the Story mode on any difficulty
  3. Watch Me Shine!: Complete the Doll Face story on any difficulty.
  4. Grimm's Dark Trip Back: Complete the Grimm story on any difficulty.

The reason I have posted this is because I looked at their profile and the rank says "Soon", why is this being unflagged when it is clear that the trophies are out of order and certainly not in a legitimately earned pattern? Does Twisted Gold glitch and unlock early for people? The only glitch I’m aware of that benefits the trophy is an infinite ammo glitch but using that glitch still forces you to play the story in the linear order to finish it.

Edited by Sergen

It is my report btw... and the report reason is edited timestamps. And the reason for why I reported it is likely false, and I rather not go into why, but it could however still be true though. Not sure, it's just B1rvine made a good point when I reported it the first time, and why it might be false.

16 hours ago, Sergen said:

Seems like you hit the nail on the head with that. Unless those two trophies are glitched in a negative way and do not unlock while you progress through the story... The time that this was done on their profile was during a server shutdown announcement and you must complete Twisted mode to unlock the Warthog vehicle that counts towards the "Any Car Will Do" trophy. Maybe in a panic prior to the server shutdown they decided to use a save file to unlock Warthog and grind the online with it while overlooking the fact that there are trophies out of order on the list.

Sergen you may be right about the save file, I may have used one or a game genie, which I have only used a couple times when something glitched and never used one for an advantage, honestly been to long to remember. What I do remember is attempting that last boss fight numerous times to earn the gold medal. Also another trophy I think play once every day fpr 30 days or something like that, i know that one glitched and I had to go through changing my clock on my ps3 for more than 60 days to get that one to pop, which sucked, so i know the game had some glitches. So I know I did do everything on my own as well as idled two ps3's for a few people to earn their online trophies. As did a couple people did for me. Sergen your cool, hell you idled ps3 for me during the killzone 2 panic. As i stated before i don't care about leaderboards. It's the accusation that I edited timestamps when I didn't do that nor do I know how. 

And if this is such a big issue why wait 2 years to bring it up. Any save files I have are long gone so it is not like I can even check anything at this point. All I know for sure is that I did complete it on my own and wasn't aware of the infinite ammo glitch that was mentioned in one of the posts. I have to much stuff to do to even worry about this any further. I only joined the site to connect with people in sessions, which doesn't seem to work anymore because so many no shows. Which is to bad because I really like this site and how it is ran. 

17 minutes ago, joust25 said:

Sergen you may be right about the save file, I may have used one or a game genie, which I have only used a couple times when something glitched and never used one for an advantage, honestly been to long to remember. What I do remember is attempting that last boss fight numerous times to earn the gold medal. Also another trophy I think play once every day fpr 30 days or something like that, i know that one glitched and I had to go through changing my clock on my ps3 for more than 60 days to get that one to pop, which sucked, so i know the game had some glitches. So I know I did do everything on my own as well as idled two ps3's for a few people to earn their online trophies. As did a couple people did for me. Sergen your cool, hell you idled ps3 for me during the killzone 2 panic. As i stated before i don't care about leaderboards. It's the accusation that I edited timestamps when I didn't do that nor do I know how. 

And if this is such a big issue why wait 2 years to bring it up. Any save files I have are long gone so it is not like I can even check anything at this point. All I know for sure is that I did complete it on my own and wasn't aware of the infinite ammo glitch that was mentioned in one of the posts. I have to much stuff to do to even worry about this any further. I only joined the site to connect with people in sessions, which doesn't seem to work anymore because so many no shows. Which is to bad because I really like this site and how it is ran. 

There's no statute of limitations on cheated trophies, if the trophies are cheated and get caught then you get flagged regardless of how long ago it was. Congratulations to @MMDE & @B1rvine for unflagging this and being uncertain, I think the post I'm quoting is the confirmation you need.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

It is my report btw... and the report reason is edited timestamps. And the reason for why I reported it is likely false, and I rather not go into why, but it could however still be true though. Not sure, it's just B1rvine made a good point when I reported it the first time, and why it might be false.

When I initially stated it wasn't correct, I only focused on your initial report reason itself, and missed the issue of the unmissable story trophies being after the campaign completion.  I'm 100% sure the order in this list isn't possible.

49 minutes ago, joust25 said:

And if this is such a big issue why wait 2 years to bring it up.

A trophy list can be reported at any time, there's no time limit. Someone happened to look recently. 

This list definitely isn't possible naturally, in accordance to the rules, as @Sergen has mentioned. You can't beat the entire game (with gold medals even) without beating the individual "levels" of Grimm and Dollface beforehand. You'll need to explain how that's possible if you want the flag removed. If you don't care about the leaderboards, you don't need to do anything.

I'm re-applying this flag for now.

Edited by B1rvine

If the leaderboards are the only thing effected, meaning sessions can still be created or joined then I am fine with that. If not oh well. Thanks for replying.

1 minute ago, joust25 said:

If the leaderboards are the only thing effected, meaning sessions can still be created or joined then I am fine with that. If not oh well. Thanks for replying.

Indeed, the leaderboards are the only thing affected. You can still use everything else the site has to offer, be it sessions or anything else.

9 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Indeed, the leaderboards are the only thing affected. You can still use everything else the site has to offer, be it sessions or anything else.

Thanks for the info. At the end of the day I know I completed everything even if the order is off for whatever the reason. I have no interest in what my rank is. I just enjoy gaming. But after thinking about it because I am OCD as hell I think Sergen had it right in his first message about the panic of server closures. I probably focused on getting all the online stuff first. I mean that makes the most sense, to do online first when a closure is imminent. I personally don't consider that cheating, considering that I still did everything myself to earn the trophies. But it is all good. Also I understand there is no limitations but it would be easier to remember if it had been more recent. 

Edited by joust25
Forgot something

1 hour ago, joust25 said:

Thanks for the info. At the end of the day I know I completed everything even if the order is off for whatever the reason. I have no interest in what my rank is. I just enjoy gaming. But after thinking about it because I am OCD as hell I think Sergen had it right in his first message about the panic of server closures. I probably focused on getting all the online stuff first. I mean that makes the most sense, to do online first when a closure is imminent. I personally don't consider that cheating, considering that I still did everything myself to earn the trophies. But it is all good. Also I understand there is no limitations but it would be easier to remember if it had been more recent. 

See, this makes me think you cheated more. It's not possible to do the online without doing the offline first in this game...

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

See, this makes me think you cheated more. It's not possible to do the online without doing the offline first in this game...

Everyone has their own opinions and that is fine. And you can certainly think that, but I know I have not. I don't like cheating or cheaters. I believe there are a couple cases where using a save file should be fine.

For example I had the infamous diamond glitch in far cry 2 and I tried several of my older saves but no luck. A friend suggested a save file to save time. I don't see that as cheating as I had already completed everything legit. While it might be questionable per rules I don't think unlocking something for online to complete first and then go back and complete everything else as cheating, because everything was completed and yes I know I can't prove that. Hell I am not sure if that was even what happened.

What I most definitely count as cheating is using a save file to gain an advantage to complete a game. And of course those who use save files to pop trophies as fast as possible is just stupid and useless.

The claim that I edited timestamps is simply untrue. That was the accusation. Whether anyone believes it or not doesn't matter at this point because there is no way for me to prove what happened, as I stated, I don't remember if I used a save file for that. 

5 hours ago, joust25 said:

Everyone has their own opinions and that is fine. And you can certainly think that, but I know I have not. I don't like cheating or cheaters. I believe there are a couple cases where using a save file should be fine.

For example I had the infamous diamond glitch in far cry 2 and I tried several of my older saves but no luck. A friend suggested a save file to save time. I don't see that as cheating as I had already completed everything legit. While it might be questionable per rules I don't think unlocking something for online to complete first and then go back and complete everything else as cheating, because everything was completed and yes I know I can't prove that. Hell I am not sure if that was even what happened.

What I most definitely count as cheating is using a save file to gain an advantage to complete a game. And of course those who use save files to pop trophies as fast as possible is just stupid and useless.

The claim that I edited timestamps is simply untrue. That was the accusation. Whether anyone believes it or not doesn't matter at this point because there is no way for me to prove what happened, as I stated, I don't remember if I used a save file for that. 

I commend You for you honesty in saying you have a save file in the past. Unfortunately far cry 2 will be flagged now too. As using another person save to earn any trophies, no matter the reason is against the site rules.

Taken from the rules post

Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else.
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)

Flagged you for FC2 now. If a trophy glitches or  you cant get it. Don't cheat it. Simply start a new game. Or Leave it. Thats not cheating.

Using saves, even if its yours to get a trophy, is cheating on the highest level you can imagine. And using game genie is also definitley cheating.

And see, those Trophies arent earned legit, so it does not belong on LB. And it also goes up in rarity for a game that i have been spending 150h+ on, Like Far Cry 2. So simply dont cheat Trophies. I heard rattalaikai was the place to be for quick trophies.

I would recommend for games known to be glitchy, make regular backup saves so you can revert to an earlier one if something doesn't pop.

7 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Flagged you for FC2 now. If a trophy glitches or  you cant get it. Don't cheat it. Simply start a new game. Or Leave it. Thats not cheating.

Using saves, even if its yours to get a trophy, is cheating on the highest level you can imagine. And using game genie is also definitley cheating.

And see, those Trophies arent earned legit, so it does not belong on LB. And it also goes up in rarity for a game that i have been spending 150h+ on, Like Far Cry 2. So simply dont cheat Trophies. I heard rattalaikai was the place to be for quick trophies.

Had almost 200 hours in far cry 2. Nothing was used for "quick trophies".  We will just have to agree to disagree on using one ONLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED AND IT GLITCHED, I don't agree. What I find funny is I just made that up to see how quickly I would be condemned. I agree though a game genie is cheating if used to unlock trophies.

9 hours ago, Bl00d_Hawk92 said:

I commend You for you honesty in saying you have a save file in the past. Unfortunately far cry 2 will be flagged now too. As using another person save to earn any trophies, no matter the reason is against the site rules.

Taken from the rules post

Using any “external save file” other than your own. This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Usage of save files (including unencrypted ones) downloaded from the internet.
  • Usage of save files given to you by friends, relatives, PSN users, or anyone else.
  • Transferring local save files from different user profiles from your PlayStation. (AKA Profile Swapping)

Thank you I am an honest person. And as I have stated I have no interest in leaderboards. The issue is still the fact that I didn't edit timestamps. I have no clue how to edit them. 

6 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I would recommend for games known to be glitchy, make regular backup saves so you can revert to an earlier one if something doesn't pop.

I probably had over 20 saves backed up.

1 hour ago, joust25 said:

I agree though a game genie is cheating if used to unlock trophies.

The issue is still the fact that I didn't edit timestamps.

Your agreement isn't required to be in violation of the leaderboard rules. You're entitled to your opinion on what the rules should be, but the fact remains, you cheated based on what the rules are.

And the issue isn't that you "edited timestamps." A submitted flag report can't be changed, updated, or edited due to how PSNProfiles is programmed. While It's possible this is still accurate, I'm not concerned with that, since the more obvious issue is impossibly ordered timestamps (stated multiple times now). 

Reason for cheating:

Twisted Gold can't be earned before the following trophies:

1.  Truly Twisted: Complete the Story mode on Twisted Difficulty
  2.  ...and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal: Complete the Story mode on any difficulty
  3. Watch Me Shine!: Complete the Doll Face story on any difficulty.
  4. Grimm's Dark Trip Back: Complete the Grimm story on any difficulty.

Furthermore, you stated you jumped straight into multiplayer "to get it out of the way", which isn't possible before doing the solo campaign (at least not entirely). Regardless of what your "morality of cheating" is, the fact remains you cheated per the PSNP's definition of rules in place. The order of your trophies aren't possible.

I'll probably close this soon, unless you want to give me evidence it's possible somehow.

23 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Your agreement isn't required to be in violation of the leaderboard rules. You're entitled to your opinion on what the rules should be, but the fact remains, you cheated based on what the rules are.

And the issue isn't that you "edited timestamps." A submitted flag report can't be changed, updated, or edited due to how PSNProfiles is programmed. While It's possible this is still accurate, I'm not concerned with that, since the more obvious issue is impossibly ordered timestamps (stated multiple times now). 

Reason for cheating:

Furthermore, you stated you jumped straight into multiplayer "to get it out of the way", which isn't possible before doing the solo campaign (at least not entirely). Regardless of what your "morality of cheating" is, the fact remains you cheated per the PSNP's definition of rules in place. The order of your trophies aren't possible.

I'll probably close this soon, unless you want to give me evidence it's possible somehow.

I have also stated numerous times that I don't remember what happened. And looking back at the description some online could be completed first, but not all of them. I did have a ps3 break around that time and bought a new one, which I played offline for several days until I got the part to fox the other. I remember replacing the part, the motor for the DVD and it being a bit tough on the superslim with big fingers. I think I setup a connection to psn for the first time after earning trophies. Not sure if that had any effect. That is the only thing I can think of. I don't have time to go back and see if I can find my receipt, got work to do and other things to take care. 

Not that it is a good excuse but I partied all weekend and should have replied with a clear head. Especially with my initial post. Thanks for the comment on timestamp editing. 

3 minutes ago, joust25 said:

I think I setup a connection to psn for the first time after earning trophies. Not sure if that had any effect.

This would only result in whatever trophies you earned prior to first connecting showing "missing timestamp" instead of an actual time