Scrap Crew Challenge Info & Other Tips Before Shutdown

HoorayForTyler

6 minutes ago, DaltonioSpidey94 said:

Thanks for this, makes it a bit less daunting. Started the game a couple years back, need to actually boot it up and get to work.

Not a problem! I’d hate for people who have this game on their radar to miss out on the plat. Start now and you’ll have no issues. Good luck ☺️

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Not a problem! I’d hate for people who have this game on their radar to miss out on the plat. Start now and you’ll have no issues. Good luck 263a.png

Good news, I booted it back up just to check my progress and I'm already at 500/2,000 scrap for Dividend and surprisingly, it looks like my scavenging locations are all good! Was really worried I'd already gotten glitched but hadn't noticed. I've got a head start now.

Edited by DaltonioSpidey94
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, UndamagedVirus said:

Is there many online trophies?

None of the trophies for Mad Max are considered online trophies except for “Up to the Task” due to the two scrap crew related challenges being tied to online servers. In the game look up the “A Penny Saved” challenge (earn 500 scrap from scrap crews), once that is completed it’ll automatically transition into the “Dividend” challenge (earn 2000 scrap from scrap crews). If you follow my advice above you should have no problems knocking out the two challenges, which are the only challenges related to online servers. Once those are complete you’re in the clear, but heed my warnings and make multiple saves if you’re not going to obtain the “Up to the Task” trophy before the server shutdown. 

10 minutes ago, DaltonioSpidey94 said:

Good news, I booted it back up just to check my progress and I'm already at 500/2,000 scrap for Dividend and surprisingly, it looks like my scavenging locations are all good! Was really worried I'd already gotten glitched but hadn't noticed. I've got a head start now.

Glad to hear friend! Just keep track as you play and you should be good :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

None of the trophies for Mad Max are considered online trophies except for “Up to the Task” due to the two scrap crew related challenges being tied to online servers. In the game look up the “A Penny Saved” challenge (earn 500 scrap from scrap crews), once that is completed it’ll automatically transition into the “Dividend” challenge (earn 2000 scrap from scrap crews). If you follow my advice above you should have no problems knocking out the two challenges, which are the only challenges related to online servers. Once those are complete you’re in the clear, but heed my warnings and make multiple saves if you’re not going to obtain the “Up to the Task” trophy before the server shutdown. 

Glad to hear friend! Just keep track as you play and you should be good :)

Going to start this tomorrow and get these out of the way so I can come back and plat the game sometime in the future:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDevil757 said:

I don't think time is the only factor. I was off for 14hours and got 115 scrap. Later on I turned it off while I went for a shower and was gone for like 10 minutes and I got 45 scrap on booting the game.

That is quite strange. And you have every scrap crew created I’d imagine (4)? From what I gathered my earned scrap was consistent and tied to the time I spent offline. I also only ever quit the game for the first time after I created all scrap crews too so that may factor into things, not for certain. I’m just presenting my personal data over the span of a couple of days. 

Just now, HoorayForTyler said:

That is quite strange. And you have every scrap crew created I’d imagine (4)? From what I gathered my earned scrap was consistent and tied to the time I spent offline. I also only ever quit the game for the first time after I created all scrap crews too so that may factor into things, not for certain. I’m just presenting my personal data over the span of a couple of days. 

Nope just the first 2. On the few occasions that my game has crashed, I've reloaded straight away and got different amounts of scrap from that too. I hope I'm not glitching lol

11 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Nope just the first 2. On the few occasions that my game has crashed, I've reloaded straight away and got different amounts of scrap from that too. I hope I'm not glitching lol

No I’m sure you’re fine! Probably just minor inconsistencies in earned scrap when you don’t have all scrap crews created. I wouldn’t fret ?

3 minutes ago, DaltonioSpidey94 said:

Are you making sure to leave and let the game auto-save? I believe I read that they won't stay saved if you save manually, unless I'm thinking of something else.

So my PS4 was turned off overnight. Started the game next time I played, noted the number of scrap that showed up on the left hand side notifications, and continued playing. However I've now just noticed that Dividend says 0/2000 still.

41 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

So my PS4 was turned off overnight. Started the game next time I played, noted the number of scrap that showed up on the left hand side notifications, and continued playing. However I've now just noticed that Dividend says 0/2000 still.

I don't know if this is how you are doing it but if I just left the game in rest mode while the application was still on I wouldn't get any scraps at all. I had to fully close the application before turning off my console for it to count.

1 hour ago, Bahamut3104 said:

I don't know if this is how you are doing it but if I just left the game in rest mode while the application was still on I wouldn't get any scraps at all. I had to fully close the application before turning off my console for it to count.

Thats what i do, close application, and power off ps4 to double make sure its not running in background.  Hours later turn on, watch scrap crew rewards display in lower left screen, exit stronghold, wait for save symbols in upper right corner to finish, then back in to do redundant second autosave.  Then Close Application and Power down again.   Not a bad idea to get all 4 crews going, as i can see 1000 scrap a day for another month will be useful for a number of trophies.

I think you will find that once you pop the 500 scrap challenge, that you have to start anew with the 2000 scrap challenge (AKA Dividend).  Probably next time you accumulate scrap it will show.   Also if you don t exit the stronghold and get an autosave you will lose it from the dividend counter.

Lol at the guy who missed the Land Shark.  

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

A Penny Saved challenge completed & now only need to complete Dividend challenge, I was playing really slowly & built 3 scrap crews and I’m still at ACT 2. So far, I got 175 scrap from each one after around 12 hours I was away from this game, and a second time I got 174 scrap & another time I got 171 scrap lol, then got 174 scrap after hours and hours. I can tell right now that if you think about starting this game now, you have enough time to get it done but just don’t do last two weeks before Oct 31st if you don't want an unobtainable platinum. Also, keep checking if challenge and statistic page match the number of scavenging location you completed, you should be fine. I close the application & turn off the PS4 & only a few times I decide to watch some movies on HBO MAX after I close the game. 

I’m really liking this game & surprisingly it’s a fun game.

I try and exit the stronghold and then re-enter to make sure i have the save, as you will lose it if you just view it then turn off.  And i noticed also that some challenges reset if you die before reaching a stronghold, or save point again to save your progress.  I had to redo an annoying car combat challenge because of this.  Thats all i ve got.  Hopefully this will start working again for you.

8 hours ago, r3viladdict said:

A Penny Saved challenge completed & now only need to complete Dividend challenge, I was playing really slowly & built 3 scrap crews and I’m still at ACT 2. So far, I got 175 scrap from each one after around 12 hours I was away from this game, and a second time I got 174 scrap & another time I got 171 scrap lol, then got 174 scrap after hours and hours. I can tell right now that if you think about starting this game now, you have enough time to get it done but just don’t do last two weeks before Oct 31st if you don't want an unobtainable platinum. Also, keep checking if challenge and statistic page match the number of scavenging location you completed, you should be fine. I close the application & turn off the PS4 & only a few times I decide to watch some movies on HBO MAX after I close the game. 

I’m really liking this game & surprisingly it’s a fun game.

You received 175 from each scrap crew after 12 hours and with only 3 built? If that’s true that is actually way more efficient than waiting 20 hours for the 4 scrap crews to give you around 100 each. I will test this out soon ?

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You received 175 from each scrap crew after 12 hours and with only 3 built? If that’s true that is actually way more efficient than waiting 20 hours for the 4 scrap crews to give you around 100 each. I will test this out soon 1f642.png

I don't know if it's same for everyone & no idea how it works like this. I would say between 12 and 13 hours, I turned PS4 off at 2 AM & I went back to turn it on at 1 or 2 PM. I was expecting to get at least between 50 to 100 scrap and was surprised a bit that I got like 175, thought wait a second, how the hell did I get that much?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

I've found I was getting 130-140 scrap for 12 hours offline (actually in rest mode with game closed) with just the Jeeta crew. Built the second crew now. I'm probably being daft but I'm playing the game normally.. if I drive past an interesting spot I'll loot it. Checking my stats and challenge figures and I'm good so far. Bit worried I might bugger up another challenge.. I lost a war cryer after leaving him hanging and when I destroyed the oil pump he was gone.. but they don't appear to be a challenge.. I've got plenty of time however to restart if I mess up. I've died a few times (from snipers mostly) but wasn't lootng anywhere. I have five auto saves going atm :)

Edited by Darkwaxer
Spellings
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 0:27 PM, ScintillaWolf said:

Just to remove all doubt, my PS4 was totally turned off and I was awarded scrap on the main screen notification, but when I check my challenges, it says 0/2000. But the 500 one is done.

I had 496/500 scrap for the first challenge. I started the game a few hours later and got some scrap.

When I checked my challenges I had 0/2000 for the new challenge. I'm assuming something similar happened to you and the game doesn't do any rollover for scrap from the first challenge to the second. If that isn't what you are talking about and you haven't gotten any scrap for the second challenge since your last post you should probably restart the game IMO.

4 hours ago, SajoAtine said:

I had 496/500 scrap for the first challenge. I started the game a few hours later and got some scrap.

When I checked my challenges I had 0/2000 for the new challenge. I'm assuming something similar happened to you and the game doesn't do any rollover for scrap from the first challenge to the second. If that isn't what you are talking about and you haven't gotten any scrap for the second challenge since your last post you should probably restart the game IMO.

This! ^^

I had the same... Earned like 300 scrap while I needed 100 to complete the 500 challenge. The 500 challenge completed and the 2000 challenge was added to the list, but started at 0 and the 200 extra scrap I gained was lost. Keep this in mind as it means that you can't just leave the game offline after first starting it and completing all scrap crews and then get all required scrap in 1 go when you first login again.

I read somewhere that you gain 6 scrap / hour for each scrap crew, so a maximum of 24 scrap / hour if you have all 4 scrap crews.

Edited by Kolm