Scrap Crew Challenge Info & Other Tips Before Shutdown

HoorayForTyler

8 minutes ago, NeoMesjasz said:

Just finished 2 enemy camps for 100 percent but stats and challenges did not increased, are camps scavenging locations or not

I believe the ‘optional’ loot at enemy camps are counted separate. They still need to be completed for the platinum though of course. If you’re ever unsure, while you’re playing just count how many scavenging locations you have completed in the challenge section (out of 191) and add that number to 36, compare it with the number on the stats page. I checked every 2 or 3 hours during gameplay just in case, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Remember, do not die during autosaves when a scavenging location is  completed!

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, NeoMesjasz said:

Just finished 2 enemy camps for 100 percent but stats and challenges did not increased, are camps scavenging locations or not

No, Camps and Scavenging Locations are different things. 

Check the respective thread about Scavenging Locations to prevent any issues.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, guilhermealves15 said:

Thank you, OP. I was having some trouble wondering how the challenge worked, but I managed to understand it and went on with it. Already got the 'A penny saved' completed, on my way to get 'Dividend' done.

Not a problem, friend. Glad everything is working out!

11 minutes ago, rokidoki8459 said:

So I've heard that if you start the scrap stuf 2 weeks before shut down you are fucked. If I started this game now would I be able to get the platinum?

Nah, you can make it if you just focus on getting all the scrap crews on your first day. 

If you want to do it safe:

Day 1: play the game til act 3 so you can get all the scrap crews (jeet gusgash, pink and freia) . When you have hem all build, go offline. 

Day 2: log back in, in ~24 hours. You will have the 500 one completed. This will should unlock the 2000 one where you can now earn progress in. Go offline. 

Day 6: log back in, you should have the 2000 one unlocked. 

OP wrote down the exact times when he reached the thresholds. It should only take 1 week and maybe more depending on the dedication you put into it. You be able to have the crews running in no time. 

• Like 1

I just realized that I had the wrong idea about this platinum bug!  I was thinking that I could just grind out the 2 trophies for the scrap before the servers shut down and then I would be good to go even if the 191 bug happened to me, because I could just start over, but then looking at the trophy list today, I realized that they aren't trophies, just challenges!  So once I get home from work today, I have to check to see if I have the bug already and if I do, I'll have to start over, because I wasn't going to make a separate autosave until after I had completed the two online ones!  At least I know I have time still!

27 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I just realized that I had the wrong idea about this platinum bug!  I was thinking that I could just grind out the 2 trophies for the scrap before the servers shut down and then I would be good to go even if the 191 bug happened to me, because I could just start over, but then looking at the trophy list today, I realized that they aren't trophies, just challenges!  So once I get home from work today, I have to check to see if I have the bug already and if I do, I'll have to start over, because I wasn't going to make a separate autosave until after I had completed the two online ones!  At least I know I have time still!

I wouldn’t fret. Use the 12 Autosaves to your advantage. Save often. Check stats often. Good luck!

• Like 1

Wow, this is super helpful. I redeemed this game when it was on PS+ a couple years back, but haven't found the time to start it. Now I hear that the servers are shutting down so I wanna make sure I get these online trophies ASAP so that I won't be voided out of the Platinum, because I plan on returning to finish this game at a later date.

I gotta ask, how long into the game must I play to be able to create four scrap crews? 10, 15 hours? You said I need to complete Act 2, so should I focus solely on the main story missions to get to that point as quickly as possible?

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I gotta ask, how long into the game must I play to be able to create four scrap crews? 10, 15 hours? You said I need to complete Act 2, so should I focus solely on the main story missions to get to that point as quickly as possible?

The time it takes to reach Deep Friah's temple (the 4th and last stronghold in the game) varies. I took my sweet time but as soon as you make it to Pink Eye's territory/stronghold, you are free to head over to Deep Friah's stronghold immediately as it is not constrained by a story mission requirement, unlike the other three strongholds. So essentially, you'll have to play through Act 2 at the minimum and at the same time, ensure you have built the scrap crews for all the strongholds you have access to. If you're not doing anything else in between, it will take about 15 hours, give or take.

2 hours ago, dev2610 said:

The time it takes to reach Deep Friah's temple (the 4th and last stronghold in the game) varies. I took my sweet time but as soon as you make it to Pink Eye's territory/stronghold, you are free to head over to Deep Friah's stronghold immediately as it is not constrained by a story mission requirement, unlike the other three strongholds. So essentially, you'll have to play through Act 2 at the minimum and at the same time, ensure you have built the scrap crews for all the strongholds you have access to. If you're not doing anything else in between, it will take about 15 hours, give or take.

So I just collected all the scrap crew parts for Jeet’s stronghold but I still don’t have the option to build it, do I need to continue with the story?

Update: Nevermind, I spoke to Jeet immediately after making this post and he just unlocked the stronghold projects LOL.

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985

Finally started the game on Sunday for this, not a bad game actually! Currently have 2 scrap crews, which got me 112 scrap in around 7/8 hours overnight and 250 overall. These scrap crews started collecting maybe 20 hours ago and I played the game for a few hours during this time. Testing it after an hour or so, I was getting around 11-12 scrap, so it seems to vary a bit. But, only having 2 scrap crews is definitely doable, 4 would make it safer though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RichMorgan10 said:

Finally started the game on Sunday for this, not a bad game actually! Currently have 2 scrap crews, which got me 112 scrap in around 7/8 hours overnight and 250 overall. These scrap crews started collecting maybe 20 hours ago and I played the game for a few hours during this time. Testing it after an hour or so, I was getting around 11-12 scrap, so it seems to vary a bit. But, only having 2 scrap crews is definitely doable, 4 would make it safer though.

Yeah idk why the game got such a bad rep. I liked it a lot

On 12-10-2020 at 0:17 PM, Bumperklever said:

Nah, you can make it if you just focus on getting all the scrap crews on your first day. 

If you want to do it safe:

Day 1: play the game til act 3 so you can get all the scrap crews (jeet gusgash, pink and freia) . When you have hem all build, go offline. 

Day 2: log back in, in ~24 hours. You will have the 500 one completed. This will should unlock the 2000 one where you can now earn progress in. Go offline. 

Day 6: log back in, you should have the 2000 one unlocked. 

OP wrote down the exact times when he reached the thresholds. It should only take 1 week and maybe more depending on the dedication you put into it. You be able to have the crews running in no time. 

To be safe I would still login each day once you're at the 2000 challenge because I'm not sure if there's a maximum cap on what you can get in one go. After earning the online scrap, play for like 15mins to make sure it saved.

Edited by Kolm

There's a screenshot of a reply from WB Games support that's going round which says the only things affected by the server shutdown will be the Opus War leaderboards, redeem code feature and WB Play functionality. It also states that it will not affect the ability to earn specific trophies or achievements.

Make what you want of that, but I'm still going to try and get the scrap challenge done before 31st Oct.

Not sure why there's a spoiler tag, as there's no spoilers here...!

Spoiler

Edited by RichMorgan10
spelling
  • Like 2

Update: I managed to get both 'Dividend' and 'A Penny Saved' completed. Thanks a lot for the guide, OP!

I do have a question about the "Reaper of the Harvest" challenge, though: I didn't find it on the 'Challenges' menu. I checked up and I've only completed 30 scavenging locations, according to the statistics page. Does that mean that I'm in the clear about the 190/191 glitch?

49 minutes ago, guilhermealves15 said:

Update: I managed to get both 'Dividend' and 'A Penny Saved' completed. Thanks a lot for the guide, OP!

I do have a question about the "Reaper of the Harvest" challenge, though: I didn't find it on the 'Challenges' menu. I checked up and I've only completed 30 scavenging locations, according to the statistics page. Does that mean that I'm in the clear about the 190/191 glitch?

You need to check your statistics for locations completed: 30

The challenge is actually a chain of: 5 completed; 13 completed; 18 completed; 191 completed. You need to add them up.

For example I finished my 5 and 13 completed and I am at 12/18 for the third challenge.

That would mean the challenge registered 5+13+12 = 30.

5 hours ago, Kolm said:

To be safe I would still login each day once you're at the 2000 challenge because I'm not sure if there's a maximum cap on what you can get in one go. After earning the online scrap, play for like 15mins to make sure it saved.

OP said they cap at 500. But yea, why not :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

OP said they cap at 500. But yea, why not :)

I missed that part, my bad!

It would indeed mean you get exactly 2000 in 1 go if you stay offline long enough.

Somehow I had in my head there was a cap of 500, but I thought it was in total instead of 'for each stronghold' ?

I played everyday so I never got more than 400 in one go 

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

You need to check your statistics for locations completed: 30

The challenge is actually a chain of: 5 completed; 13 completed; 18 completed; 191 completed. You need to add them up.

For example I finished my 5 and 13 completed and I am at 12/18 for the third challenge.

That would mean the challenge registered 5+13+12 = 30.

Thank you! I looked up and the challenges were exactly like that. I guess I'm in the clear then.

Edited by guilhermealves15

I would like to know if someone can check this: so I managed to find Jeet's Scrap Crew before logging off a few hours ago, but in the meanwhile I decided to replay a new file with "clean" scavenging sites, basically going for all scrap crews before doing "any content" and focusing on getting those 2 challenges done and then saving that file on the cloud or usb pen. Anyway, after several hours later, went to check my other file with the scrap crew unlocked, and I received nothing. The console was off until then and for a good 4-5 hours I wasn't playing anything, so while I wasn't expecting to have hundreds of scrap, I wished to see at least a dozen or two, as proof that the scrap crew was working.

Only detail here, is that my ps4 wasn't connected on the internet while it was turned off because I don't have wifi and I can't use my pc while my ps4 is online.

So my question is, does the console have to be connected to the internet also while it's turned off? Also, does it require that WBplay thing?

Edited by Darghel

18 minutes ago, GeminiEntity said:

Yes, it has to be connected to the internet when the system is off or in rest mode to collect the scrap.

Alright thanks, ill have to do that when i go to sleep then so I can get extra, since I use pc very regularly. It sucks not to have wifi!

Btw, not required to sign up to that WBplay right?

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 1