Scrap Crew Challenge Info & Other Tips Before Shutdown

HoorayForTyler

16 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

So I just collected all the scrap crew parts for Jeet’s stronghold but I still don’t have the option to build it, do I need to continue with the story?

Update: Nevermind, I spoke to Jeet immediately after making this post and he just unlocked the stronghold projects LOL.

I remember a couple years back you were making a point to avoid this game because of the glitches. Now with everybody on the server shutdown bandwagon we all decide to jump back in.

Guess it has to take that to lure people in. The game itself is decent in my opinion, but if you can't integrate online functionality well while there are still game breaking glitches, then don't add any online trophies.

I'm pretty sure WBGames made Avalanche Studios force online integration into their game. Square Enix does the same shit with the Just Cause games. Can't even get all the trophies in Final Fantasy XV anymore because of the Multiplayer Comrades DLC being unobtainable.

I just can't understand what I'm doing wrong now: before going to sleep I left my ps4 turned off, with online cable attached, and I still got zero scraps. Seriously what I'm doing wrong, do I have to keep the console connected all the time now? 

Ps: seems like I have to RESUME the game and not just load from an auto save. Wtf?! 

Edited by Darghel

Finished this game up today, really enjoyed it, never experienced any run stopping glitches. Last challenge I needed was fill the rage bar under 10 seconds. Didn't grab this before the end of the game and needed it to do post game. Found a video that was helpful, shows a good location where dudes respawn. You can clump them all up in a narrow hallway, hitting them all with a weapon pumps up your multiplier quick.

If you're having problems with the 8 kills in one fury, shotgun gutchecks count but just shooting dudes with the shotgun does not count. So if you run into a big group with almost full rage and a full shotgun you can hit fury, get a couple kills then start gutchecking dudes with the shotgun as long as you're not just shooting them from a distance.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Darghel said:

I just can't understand what I'm doing wrong now: before going to sleep I left my ps4 turned off, with online cable attached, and I still got zero scraps. Seriously what I'm doing wrong, do I have to keep the console connected all the time now? 

Ps: seems like I have to RESUME the game and not just load from an auto save. Wtf?! 

I was wondering if you build the right project: Scrap crew that requires project parts and not the scrap pile that only requires scrap.

But since it now works with 'Resume' I guess that mystery is fixed: Don't load your autosave, but use Resume.

12 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

Yes, it has to be connected to the internet when the system is off or in rest mode to collect the scrap.

It's not necessary to be connected to internet when the console is completely off to get scrap.

The console simply won't even be able to connect to internet in that case because it has not enough power for that: processor would still have to do stuff and it would mean the game is constantly running once it's installed even when the console is off. Even wake on LAN/WAN through remote play doesn't work if the PlayStation off, it needs to be in rest mode.

Playstation firmware also doesn't allow 2 games to run at the same time. When a game is suspended it also can't do stuff until it's activated again.

However: The moment you start playing the game, you do need to be connected to internet to get scrap. And maybe even when you stop playing that it sends something to a server. So I would make sure to be connected the whole time you actually play even it might not be necessary :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ahmwe said:

How do I change controller buttons? I wanted to change R2 Acceleration to R1 but I couldn't I could only change from two options!!! 

I had to do this to complete the driving challenge too, for some reason I kept slowing down whilst going for it normally but as soon as I changed R2 to ⭕️ i got it first try.

You need to reassign the buttons through your PS4, you can’t do it through the game itself. Go into Settings then it’s in the accessibility options, just change R2 for anything else and it seems to help a hell of a lot as I’ve seen plenty of others succeed with the same technique.

Edited by ser_davos

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

I remember a couple years back you were making a point to avoid this game because of the glitches. Now with everybody on the server shutdown bandwagon we all decide to jump back in.

Guess it has to take that to lure people in. The game itself is decent in my opinion, but if you can't integrate online functionality well while there are still game breaking glitches, then don't add any online trophies.

I'm pretty sure WBGames made Avalanche Studios force online integration into their game. Square Enix does the same shit with the Just Cause games. Can't even get all the trophies in Final Fantasy XV anymore because of the Multiplayer Comrades DLC being unobtainable.

I don't remember what I said so I'd appreciate if you provided a quote, but I wasn't going to avoid this game just because of difficulty with trophies. Regardless, the glitches were fixed with patches so I'm pretty much worry-free with the Plat. 

I got all the parts for Jeet's Stronghold but cannot craft a Scrap Crew because its not appeared in the Stronghold to create, so what do I do?  None of the other things are either like the Supply Crew etc, just says go back to Stronghold.

Never mind, you had to do something with your friend first then talk to Jeet, didn't know that.

Edited by alexandra-jane09

HI guy, got  question in regards to my stats page and legend completed challenges not adding up

So basically I have 59 challenges completed on my statistic pages and on my Legend page its shows 59 competed also, however when i to try to get the last scrap screw part so i can make a save and then upload it, the problem is when i get to the place to get the scrap crew part i have to fight a bunch of Scrotus which then gives me the "Quiet in the Halls of Justice" Challenge. 

This then turns my my legen page completed mission to 60, but my statistic challenges is left at 59. 

Just wondering am i screwed and should start again. Or is it okay, the "Quiet in the Halls of Justice" is a repeating challenge so i think that might be the reason why its counting for the legends list and not the statistics list, but just dont wanna screw myself over.

18 minutes ago, VaNiDgE said:

HI guy, got  question in regards to my stats page and legend completed challenges not adding up

So basically I have 59 challenges completed on my statistic pages and on my Legend page its shows 59 competed also, however when i to try to get the last scrap screw part so i can make a save and then upload it, the problem is when i get to the place to get the scrap crew part i have to fight a bunch of Scrotus which then gives me the "Quiet in the Halls of Justice" Challenge. 

This then turns my my legen page completed mission to 60, but my statistic challenges is left at 59. 

Just wondering am i screwed and should start again. Or is it okay, the "Quiet in the Halls of Justice" is a repeating challenge so i think that might be the reason why its counting for the legends list and not the statistics list, but just dont wanna screw myself over.

Continue you have no problem at all ??& don't care about those repeated challenges since you already completed them once so you are fine.

• Like 1

Hey for the Trophy involving using all the hot air balloons/ vantage points. Does anyone have an idea of when this trophy should pop? I've used every one I clouding the one in Gastown region. But haven't unlocked it as far as I've read online the last area I've yet to unlock every guide mentions there is no hot air balloon for that area and it doesn't count towards this trophy. Just trying to figure out if I need to restart again just for this.

24 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Hey for the Trophy involving using all the hot air balloons/ vantage points. Does anyone have an idea of when this trophy should pop? I've used every one I clouding the one in Gastown region. But haven't unlocked it as far as I've read online the last area I've yet to unlock every guide mentions there is no hot air balloon for that area and it doesn't count towards this trophy. Just trying to figure out if I need to restart again just for this.

There is a challenge called "Revelations" for using every balloon in the game, I think there are 13 in total. The trophy should pop as soon as you use the last balloon.

5 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

There is a challenge called "Revelations" for using every balloon in the game, I think there are 13 in total. The trophy should pop as soon as you use the last balloon.

Thanks mate I figured it out I guess I missed three regions because I revealed them by driving through not using the balloons as I thought

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Thanks mate I figured it out I guess I missed three regions because I revealed them by driving through not using the balloons as I thought

You can always check if you used/unlocked a balloon by checking if you can use if for fast travel. If you can fast travel to it, you have it unlocked :)

Similar with races: As soon as you go up the ladder once and get the menu for the race, you can fast travel to the location of the race.

Opening the menu is sufficient, no need to actually start a race. I discoverd that very late in the game! :o

To check which races you won or got legendary in with archangels, check the collectible menu.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kolm said:

You can always check if you used/unlocked a balloon by checking if you can use if for fast travel. If you can fast travel to it, you have it unlocked :)

Similar with races: As soon as you go up the ladder once and get the menu for the race, you can fast travel to the location of the race.

Opening the menu is sufficient, no need to actually start a race. I discoverd that very late in the game! :o

To check which races you won or got legendary in with archangels, check the collectible menu.

Yeah that's how I found out which ones actually by seeing I couldn't fast travel to them. Some regions I guess I manually expired during missions so didn't realize I forgot the balloons.

I started this back when it first came out and played it for just a couple hours and just put it on my backlog. I started playing again when i read about the shutdown and I am really enjoying it. Long but gonna be a very fun plat. The races are probably my favorite part. Good luck to everyone going for plat....hope you all get it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

I started this back when it first came out and played it for just a couple hours and just put it on my backlog. I started playing again when i read about the shutdown and I am really enjoying it. Long but gonna be a very fun plat. The races are probably my favorite part. Good luck to everyone going for plat....hope you all get it

Glad to hear you’re getting some enjoyment out of it, it really is a great game! Good luck on your playthrough, you still have plenty of time ☺️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

Hello:)

Just spotted this screenshot with WB reply regarding the shutdown:

image0.jpg

Seems quite legit to me...What do you think of it? Because this would mean it's no rush:)

There's already a thread about this here on PSNP and towards the end someone posted his communication with them in which they state that the challenge and trophy ARE affected by this.

In the mail you show they also state 'I will also be forwarding your feedback about the trophy to the game team for further review' which seems to indicate they are not sure and are just answering with a default email template.

You can check the second mail in this post:

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kolm said:

There's already a thread about this here on PSNP and towards the end someone posted his communication with them in which they state that the challenge and trophy ARE affected by this.

Damn, silly me, wishing that previous info was true...

Seems I won't be able to get it in time as I'm leaving for a week this Saturday.

RIP Platinum:D