Scrap Crew Challenge Info & Other Tips Before Shutdown

HoorayForTyler

7 hours ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

Damn, silly me, wishing that previous info was true...

Seems I won't be able to get it in time as I'm leaving for a week this Saturday.

RIP Platinum:D

Even leaving on Saturday, you could have all 4 crews up and running by then, then if you can just remote play in twice to collect the 500 and then 2000 (and make sure it saves), you're good!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JediOniram said:

Even leaving on Saturday, you could have all 4 crews up and running by then, then if you can just remote play in twice to collect the 500 and then 2000 (and make sure it saves), you're good!

TBH, I have never used remote play so far...Since it works only via WiFi I would have to take my PS4 with me which is not a problem as long as I have the internet signal... 

However, what's more important, can I display the screen directly on my smartphone without any need of a TV?

And what if I change my network during 'sitting offline'? Will it affect scrap acquiring?

Oh man whats going. My dividends challenge just got reset to Zero, I had over 600 when i last saw it about 3 days ago, made sure to save and uploaded to PS+. Just now i check and everything is zero, geez. 

So i though, okay my upload should be at about 600 so if i download that and then maybe wait another 3 days it should be good, so i redownloaded that save checked my dividend challenge and it too is zero -_-.

Does not seem my other challenges have been effected. 

4 hours ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

TBH, I have never used remote play so far...Since it works only via WiFi I would have to take my PS4 with me which is not a problem as long as I have the internet signal... 

However, what's more important, can I display the screen directly on my smartphone without any need of a TV?

And what if I change my network during 'sitting offline'? Will it affect scrap acquiring?

Remote play should work over the Internet too - I've often jumped onto my PS4 from a friends house etc. It's a lot more reliant on fast Internet on both ends however, but if all you need to do is log in to collect scrap, it should be fine even if it's slow and laggy. If possible I'd try and test it ahead of going away for real though.

You can do this with any mobile or tablet that has the remote play app too. If it was me I would try it using my phone, deliberately disconnected from my home WiFi so going via 4G back via the Internet. If you do take your PS4 with you, it wouldn't need a TV when you remote play onto it, but you might struggle to initially set it up on the connection wherever you're going, unless you can LAN cable it and it just grabs a DHCP address.

Changing the network wouldn't affect your scrap collection I don't think. I believe all that will happen when you load up the game is it will talk to the Mad Max servers and figure out the time since it last checked in, and calculate your scrap earnings from that.

Edited by MrManiacB

On 23/10/2020 at 9:04 AM, VaNiDgE said:

Oh man whats going. My dividends challenge just got reset to Zero, I had over 600 when i last saw it about 3 days ago, made sure to save and uploaded to PS+. Just now i check and everything is zero, geez. 

So i though, okay my upload should be at about 600 so if i download that and then maybe wait another 3 days it should be good, so i redownloaded that save checked my dividend challenge and it too is zero -_-.

Does not seem my other challenges have been effected. 

When you got the 600 at first time, did you go out and inside again from a fortress to save your progress ?!

Cause it doesnt auto save when you get it ... =\

If you just connect to the game, get your points and leave, it wont save and you will still be at 0 ><

I just got dividend a few days ago, now that the challenge is done I backed up the save on the cloud, and now it's safe there.

I just hope the file didn't get bugged while getting there, I had to reach pink eye to get 3 scrap crews. I made sure to complete no scavenging points either, only taking what I can but without actually completing the points) but knowing my luck I expect anything. Afterall I'm the kind of guy who gets all sorts of bugs, like NSR and SR4

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud_AC said:

Got the plat today without any issues. Big thanks to the community for all the heads-up.

Glad to hear, friend. It was a pleasure helping out where I could with the info provided; I’d hate for this community to miss out on a great game/platinum for their collection. 

• Like 1

Hello there everyone.

I tk I've messed up badly :(

I have all four strongholds and all scrap crews working but I kept playing till that ambush part of story and everytime I log in to play I die right at this point. This stupid game give no option to abandon mission (for getting back to stronghold and let the scraps to accumulate).

So, I think I have no more time, right?

Just now, Hotrod_felix said:

Hello there everyone.

I tk I've messed up badly :(

I have all four strongholds and all scrap crews working but I kept playing till that ambush part of story and everytime I log in to play I die right at this point. This stupid game give no option to abandon mission (for getting back to stronghold and let the scraps to accumulate).

So, I think I have no more time, right?

You didnt make any other save in the various slots available ? So you can load one of this saves before the mission you are having trouble with ? :o

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

You didnt make any other save in the various slots available ? So you can load one of this saves before the mission you are having trouble with ? :o

Just one more, and it's way back when I got just 2 strongholds...
I actually managed to get "a penny saved" once, but as I said, I'm stuck in a hard part, susceptible to get killed, can't get away from that ?

Quick question...

I have been focusing on getting the scavenger locations done after getting the scrap related trophies out of the way.

Right now my stats show 220 locations completed.  Reaper mission shows 184/191. However, I only see 6 locations left on my map - 2 gas town and 4 dunes.  The stats match with the count though...

Am I glitched?

I did check Chums camp and did the Church location.  Not sure if there is another mission I haven't completed yet that would count for another location.

Any thoughts would be great.  Thanks.

So, just went ahead and checked my Scrap Location Stats, should be at 174 (138/191 plus the 36) but it says I'm at 175... So am I fucked now? It's the 25th so I won't have time to set up all the Scrap Crews from a fresh save right now and work will get in the way of course... My Saves have failed to Upload to PSN though so hopefully the last Upload isn't too far back ?‍♂️ ? (already had the 2000 Scrap Challenge Completed) 

1 hour ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

So, just went ahead and checked my Scrap Location Stats, should be at 174 (138/191 plus the 36) but it says I'm at 175... So am I fucked now? It's the 25th so I won't have time to set up all the Scrap Crews from a fresh save right now and work will get in the way of course... My Saves have failed to Upload to PSN though so hopefully the last Upload isn't too far back ?‍♂️ 1f614.png (already had the 2000 Scrap Challenge Completed) 

With those stats, it's not looking good for that save file. You haven't been using the other autosave slots? I've been checking stats and changing slots every 2-3 hours.

I hope that backup works out for you!

Edited by mekktor

8 hours ago, Hotrod_felix said:

Just one more, and it's way back when I got just 2 strongholds...
I actually managed to get "a penny saved" once, but as I said, I'm stuck in a hard part, susceptible to get killed, can't get away from that ?

If you have the time, go back to a previous save as soon as you can if you can’t get out of the hard part you’re currently stuck at, you’ll be cutting it close but should be okay if you already have 2 built. But I will say, whatever part you may currently be stuck at, it probably isn’t impossible to get out of it. Test some stuff out. 

6 hours ago, Pojokwando said:

Right now my stats show 220 locations completed.  Reaper mission shows 184/191. However, I only see 6 locations left on my map - 2 gas town and 4 dunes.  The stats match with the count though...

Am I glitched?

More than likely you are glitched. If you can confirm there are indeed no other scavenging locations I would reload save. Make separate autosave slots at least after completing every act in the game, or if you don’t do that check your stats regularly. I would hurry and make a decision now. 

4 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

So, just went ahead and checked my Scrap Location Stats, should be at 174 (138/191 plus the 36) but it says I'm at 175... So am I fucked now? It's the 25th so I won't have time to set up all the Scrap Crews from a fresh save right now and work will get in the way of course... My Saves have failed to Upload to PSN though so hopefully the last Upload isn't too far back ?‍♂️ ? (already had the 2000 Scrap Challenge Completed) 

Yes you probably are. If you cannot reload a previous save you’re potentially looking at another playthrough. And also, you do not even need to upload your saves to PSN if you make TWO autosave slots every so often when playing. One of them will be the new save that’s continuously overwritten, and the other will be the hard save you can revert back to, keep track of the time you made them is all. And be sure to always leave one untouched, and then repeat the process again once you make some progress in the game and you check your stats: overwrite both of the saves, leave one untouched. There is still time. 

• Like 3

Started playing this ages ago but got the 190 glitch so gave up, since then my PS4 died and I lost all my save games so I’m starting this up again to grind the scrap challenge so that it can rest happily in my backlog for a while longer ?

I’ve got all 4 scrap crews set up but I need to do the “Penny” challenge before I can do the “Dividend” one, I quit the game at 23:14 on 25/10 so I’m hoping that it’ll be complete by 20:00ish tomorrow (26/10), will this give me enough time to get the “Dividend” challenge?

As a side note, do we know the exact date and time (including timezone) that the servers are being turned off?

On 10/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, DanKing2604 said:

Started playing this ages ago but got the 190 glitch so gave up, since then my PS4 died and I lost all my save games so I’m starting this up again to grind the scrap challenge so that it can rest happily in my backlog for a while longer 1f60b.png

I’ve got all 4 scrap crews set up but I need to do the “Penny” challenge before I can do the “Dividend” one, I quit the game at 23:14 on 25/10 so I’m hoping that it’ll be complete by 20:00ish tomorrow (26/10), will this give me enough time to get the “Dividend” challenge?

As a side note, do we know the exact date and time (including timezone) that the servers are being turned off?

Watch the time closely when you get off/always do the quick quit out and hop back on method after sessions to earn “offline” scrap while you play the game and you should be okay, although it’s cutting it quite close. 

Also I don’t believe anyone has the exact time that the severs go offline, but I’m just going to assume it will be 12:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on October 31st.

4 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Watch the time closely when you get off/always do the quick quit out and hop back on method after sessions to earn “offline” scrap while you play the game and you should be okay, although it’s cutting it quite close. 

Also I don’t believe anyone has the exact time that the severs go offline, but I’m just going to assume it will be 12:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on October 31st.

I’ve got my fingers crossed, if my math is right I should get to 2,000 about halfway through 30/10, I’m not going to play until then just in case, I tried your quit and go back in trick and I did get some scrap but I couldn’t tell if it was the right amount.

Huge thank you to you and @Guardian_owl for your posts about how this works though, I don’t think I would’ve bothered if I hadn’t seen your explanations ?

On 25/10/2020 at 4:01 AM, Pojokwando said:

Quick question...

I have been focusing on getting the scavenger locations done after getting the scrap related trophies out of the way.

Am I glitched?

I did check Chums camp and did the Church location.  Not sure if there is another mission I haven't completed yet that would count for another location.

You may be, before you go back on an old save check all four strongholds very carefully. Each stronghold also has items to collect at each you may have missed one item at one of these strongholds. They unlike regular scavenging locations do not show up on the map as having these items.

In Deep Friar there is specifically a history relic that people can easily miss as it's he only item there. Going towards the platform parallel from where your vehicle is parked go up on it turn to the boiler room on the left and there should be a relic on the ground there.

With Chum's Territory as well I believe only the one location that requires the Harpoon and Jimmy Bar to access all of it is the only missable  spot as it's an extra area. All others I think I remember are part of standard story progression when you first start so you should come across them all naturally in your travels.

On 25/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, DanKing2604 said:

Started playing this ages ago but got the 190 glitch so gave up, since then my PS4 died and I lost all my save games so I’m starting this up again to grind the scrap challenge so that it can rest happily in my backlog for a while longer 1f60b.png

You may be cutting close but possibly you may be alright. You just don't be able to play the game at all to get the most out of your "offline timer" to earn more scrap for it.

The one thing i would recommend is checking your game early to see what you can get for dividend. You only need 125 scrap on offline timer to complete that challenge which won't be long 125 × 4 stronghold for the 500. Anything earned extra will not carry over to the 2000 challenge so it's important to sign in to claim that 500 challenge then leave the Stronghold reenter it and save your game so each time you sing in to check so the scrap crew gains save properly.

3 hours ago, AjoBoB said:

I got the glitch, in the stats i have visited all locations but in the challanges its 190/191. and... i also dont have made a backup. I just played all this because of Platinum... feels like it was waste of time now.

I would double check all the Chumbucket locations. Also one of the video comments is to make sure you got all the scrap in the side mission in the church in the Dunes. Also make sure an uncompleted scavenging location isn't hidden on the map by a purple wasteland encounter or blue wasteland mission.

Edited by Guardian_owl

On 10/25/2020 at 1:01 AM, Pojokwando said:

Quick question...

Am I glitched?

I had a similar situation, and the scavenger location was hidden under a Friar Mission icon in the dump.   Also the church may not have popped.