GalGun Returns announced for 2021 release (Switch/PC)

MidnightDragon

GalGun Returns, a remaster of the very first GalGun game is coming to Switch and PC sometime in 2021.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/gal-gun-returns-announced-for-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Probably no real question on why it's not coming to PS4 as well. As for myself, I'm not bothered, but I know some of you are gonna be disappointed. Also, not coming to PS4 in Japan either.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Yay censorship policies

This probably won’t be the last game we see skip Sony platforms to avoid this content policy they have 

I really hope that's the case for punative reasons. It's also the reason I won't be buying a PS5, PS6, etc, etc.

Edited by Jigsy1

I played the one on Vita wasn't really a fan of it personally but I agree with their decision here to not release it on PS, I can understand why sony would want to censor it but it's stupid because at the end of the day it's people's choice to buy it and sony by having these rules are effectively taking that choice away from people and restricting the developers.

4 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Woooow, it’s so obvious that Sony doesn’t want this on their now oh so precious politically correct platform, they suck so bad now. I mean really, this is the strangest timeline where we are witnessing a Gal*Gun game appearing on Xbox One and not PS4. Maaaybeee Sony would of accepted it if Inti Creates agreed to censor the game. If that really was the only solution.. then good on Inti Creates for telling Sony to go jump in a tar pit.

Here is the trailer for those who are still excited for the game 1f601.png

Always support Inti Creates and fight the good fight 2764.png
20121105101431_original.gif

Not really that weird when it was just an Xbox 360 release at first until it later got ported to the ps3

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm very happy to hear this game isn't coming to PlayStation. Props to Inti Creates for sticking to their guns and not releasing an inferior product just for some extra sales. I hope more Japanese developers follow suit.

I bought a Switch for this exact reason, so I'll be purchasing the game there. It's nice to see it getting an Xbox version as well. Could this is a sign of things to come? They could position themselves as the go-to place for Japanese game fans in the west if they wanted to like PlayStation used to be.

It is nice and also surprising seeing this coming to Xbox. Microsoft definitely do need to improve the Japanese support on Xbox and this looking like a step in the right direction. The more Japanese games they bring to Xbox the better. I wish they was also bringing Gal Gun 2 to Xbox as well. 

Another game i loved on PS4 was, Sakura Wars. Oh, I wish they would bring it to Xbox as I'd soon play that again. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 3

On 9/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, MidnightDragon said:

GalGun Returns, a remaster of the very first GalGun game is coming to XBox One, Switch, and PC sometime in 2021.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/gal-gun-returns-announced-for-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Probably no real question on why it's not coming to PS4 as well. As for myself, I'm not bothered, but I know some of you are gonna be disappointed.

Also, not coming to PS4 in Japan either.

So, there's a GalGun, a GalGun: Double Peace, and a GalGun2? Is double peace like 1.5 or something.

Anyway, platted DP, and am not sad that this isn't coming to PS4, though I am worried about a trend of smaller Japanese titles abandoning the PS4 (didn't Disgaea move to Switch recently?).

• 2 months later...