KingSkovald

With My Devil Dogs Guide - no second PS3, no need to search for player with NAT1 connection

15 posts in this topic

I'm not a massive expert on this, but what you wrote is the NAT 1 "solution". You don't need to search for someone with a NAT 1 connection because you'd be giving yourself one. It can be hit and miss for a variety of reasons  (i.e. getting a failed internet connection test), but still doesn't guarantee this method will work for everyone.

Edited by Cyvnyde
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

I'm not a massive expert on this, but what you wrote is the NAT 1 "solution". You don't need to search for someone with a NAT 1 connection because you'd be giving yourself one. It can be hit and miss for a variety of reasons  (i.e. getting a failed internet connection test), but still doesn't guarantee the trophy will pop.

You are partially right, this method simulates NAT1 connection but PS3 still thinks it's NAT2 (because technically you're still connected through router). The trophy itself is fixed now, check how many people got it recently. If you manage to connect in a squad and finish the game you're guaranteed to get the trophy now, apparently EA did something with the servers. The only tricky part now is to connect in a squad, this guide helps to do it.

Edited by KingSkovald
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

You are partially right, this method simulates NAT1 connection but PS3 still thinks it's NAT2 (because technically you're still connected through router). The trophy itself is fixed now, check how many people got it recently. If you manage to connect in a squad and finish the game you're guaranteed to get the trophy now, apparently EA did something with the servers. The only tricky part now is to connect in a squad, this guide helps to do it.

I agree that the trophy itself seems to be fixed, so if you are able to get into a squad then it should pop. I'm saying the solution to be able to get into a squad without having a second PS3 is hit and miss. There are a lot of people on this site that have two PS3s. Of course, some may have used the NAT 1 method but not everyone can get that connection to work for a variety of reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

I agree that the trophy itself seems to be fixed, so if you are able to get into a squad then it should pop. I'm saying the solution to be able to get into a squad without having a second PS3 is hit and miss. There are a lot of people on this site that have two PS3s. Of course, some may have used the NAT 1 method but not everyone can get that connection to work for a variety of reasons.

It's easy to make a mistake with the numbers so I assume some people thought NAT1 method is not working for them because they specified the wrong port, incorrect ip or didn't tick a required checkbox somewhere to activate forwarding rule. It must work if everything is done correctly.
Hopefully people who followed this guide will leave feedback and tell if it worked for them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @KingSkovald for the guide, it's really useful and detailed. I'm pretty sure that this method fully works to those who only have one system, seeing that you were able to squad up with someone located so far from you. Now that the trophy is surprisingly obtainable again, I would recommend getting it ASAP.

This method could work for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onlaught mode too, as the squad system is a bit glitchy in there. Of course the ports that need to be open are different with every game, but it's kind of the same thing.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

I haven't started this game yet. Can i try to do this trophy before any other? 

You can, you only need a friend or a second Ps3 and connect a server in a squad. 

 

But after all the pain, I wouldn't recommend to start this game. 😩

 

Most of the servers are unstable and there is still a community online playing this game for 12 years, that will make you suffer while working on the "I am bad company" trophy. 

Edited by Messknecht
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

I haven't started this game yet. Can i try to do this trophy before any other? 

 

22 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

You can, you only need a friend or a second Ps3 and connect a server in a squad.

 

Pay attention to "Get me started" trophy, it's awarded for playing a ranked match so if you enter ranked you'll probably get this one first. I don't know if "With My Devil Dogs" can be obtained in non-ranked match.

But this trophy is a bit strange too, when I joined conquest game it was close to the end and I got only "With My Devil Dogs" trophy.

Then I helped my buddy to get "With My Devil Dogs" and we joined conquest on early stage and "Get me started" popped for me midgame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

 

 

Pay attention to "Get me started" trophy, it's awarded for playing a ranked match so if you enter ranked you'll probably get this one first. I don't know if "With My Devil Dogs" can be obtained in non-ranked match.

But this trophy is a bit strange too, when I joined conquest game it was close to the end and I got only "With My Devil Dogs" trophy.

Then I helped my buddy to get "With My Devil Dogs" and we joined conquest on early stage and "Get me started" popped for me midgame.

I got ''Get me Started'' 14 minutes later after getting 1st ''With My Devil Dogs'' trophy, so i guess it popped up on next match cuz you get the ''with my devil dogs'' right after you finished the match and yes i also obtained it playing conquest in a ranked match

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting here on the forum, if it weren't for you it would be. Thank you, I hope there are no more problems for future platiners.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, this method doesn't work for everyone. Didn't work for me. Much thanks for posting it anyway, I hope it helps somebody.  🙂
Im my case it seems like my ISP doesn't allow me to forward port 80. Maybe I will try buying static IP adress from my ISP for this.

I should add some notes btw:
1) do not set your PS3's IP adress into your router's DHCP range; otherwise any other device in your local network may take your console's IP adress
2) you don't actually need to forward any ports if you put your console into DMZ; DMZ means that all available ports are forwarded to designated IP adress; however, forwarding ports while using DMZ should do no harm but adds extra work

3) different sources tell you to forward different ports for this (but port 80 is stated in all of them); for expample, ports stated in official game manual differ from stated in this post – that means that you may try forwarding different ports if some of them don't work for you, but better just use DMZ to forward all ports at the same time

UPD: Seems like my ISP doesn't allow me to forward ANY port, not just port 80. I am able to set forwarding settings for each port (except port 80) in my router menu, but it makes no effect since all of the ports are closed for me (which is not shown in my router menu). Looks like the only solution for this is buying static IP from ISP or idk. I am trying to figure it out and will post a solution here if I manage to find any. 

Edited by SlowQuorex
I am noob at understanding how internet network works
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its 2021 and I got it without doing any fancy internet trickery, found someone online, made a custom match, invited them, played (make sure you dont get disconnected mid-game), and then poof. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.