Great game that left a really bad taste halfway through.

MaliceJJ

Whilst a quick knock out on a formidable warrior may seem cheap, it also proves Jin wasn't infallible. Other moments in the game, namely with Taka, proved this point also. His journey through the game is very much one of learning and changing to the man he is to become, and I just saw this scene as another step on that journey. 

I can't imagine a little scene like that could diminish someone's enjoyment of the game to such a degree, but each to their own! My favourite game this year.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't really think it was that cheap of a plot device. I actually thought GoT was generally very well written. Sure him getting ambushed and captured isn't the most original plot device ever written, but it's not like there was a major break in logic in what happens. If anything him being a one person wrecking machine is worse from a writing standpoint, but the whole point of the game is for you to be powerful.

• Like 1

Yeah I remember that, and it did kind of make me go wtf?

But, you could see how he would be distracted when you consider...

Spoiler

...this is his oldest friend who has totally betrayed him, he is more emotionally involved with the situation thank usual, and might have had temporary tunnel-vision.

It didn't stick in my craw, though. The game is great and I did enjoy the story.

On 30.11.2020 at 3:38 AM, ImMagnetz said:

Really? THAT knocked the game down to a 5/10 for you?1f602.png

Now I finally understand why every game ( even the top notch ones) has all those " the game is overrrated/ mediocre, I am disappointed " threads and comments. If something like this (nitpicking at its finest and it is not even an objective "flaw") turns a very good game into a mediocre one, then some people shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion because it is beyond ridiculous. Thats why many player reviews are just as worthless as professional ones.

Whats next? "Oh I dont like the colour of the HUD even though the rest of the game is great" ->5/10. Wtf.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Now I finally understand why every game ( even the top notch ones) has all those " the game is overrrated/ mediocre, I am disappointed " threads and comments. If something like this (nitpicking at its finest and it is not even an objective "flaw") turns a very good game into a mediocre one, then some people shouldnt be allowed to have an opinion because it is beyond ridiculous. Thats why many player reviews are just as worthless as professional ones.

Whats next? "Oh I dont like the colour of the HUD even though the rest of the game is great" ->5/10. Wtf.

No pleasing some people.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This complaint is petty as hell. It's your prerogative if this of all things is what made you enjoy this game less (I've seen people bash games for dumber reasons). But this is a classic trope of the MC maybe one of the most powerful characters in their verse, but even they can drop their guard. Look what happened to Goku in Resurrection of F

Edited by HeroFangGhetz
  • Like 1

For me this game was a blast. Until now I thought GoT was overhyped, and personally I didn't expected much of it. Sure, Act I was slow and it took me some time, but since Act II until end everything was great. There wasn't game in some time that made my heart race while playing it. I even really enjoyed every sidequest and finding all collectibles. I'm happy that I didn't join hype train, because I'm sure It wouldn't be as fun to play at it was.

And about bashing Jin's head from behind? I've felt it was only natural to happen, because Jin wasn't expecting that Ryuzo could do something like that to him. If it fell to you that it takes enjoinment from you then fine, but I don't think a lot of people will have the same opinion as you.

• Like 1

I don't even want to ask you about TLoU2. 

And to be honest I didn't even noticed this plot device, now that you mention it would've been "better" if he was captured a couple of extra times but I seriously don't care. I'm still enjoying the hell out of this game. 

• 2 months later...

Character: *makes mistake because they are a human person successfully written as a human person*

Plot: *something happens to make the plot move along that would of course be seen as highly coincidental in real life but we haven't got all day here*

Gamer: "bAd WrItInG!!!1! 5/10!!!"

These are very common things I see in threads and even in the occasional YouTube review and I blame the "Everything Wrong With" CinemaSins videos because their criticisms are often petty and overly nitpicky- the creators themselves admit this- but a lot of people who consume this content have mistaken it for valid criticism and bring this stuff up, which has spilled over into games.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 4