So any platinum breaking bugs in this one?

Don't let the II port disaster and III's buggyness fool you. Mafia I Remake in general is very well made, reviewing excellently so far, with virtually no bugs in my experience. In fact I think the reason II port was so bad (the OG game I love) was due to the focus on this remake, as it's night and day in terms of quality. Zero platinum blocking bugs I think.

The race, however...that may be an issue for some people.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Doesn't look like it. The vast majority of trophies are tied to story missions and collectibles so there isn't really much room for Platinum-breaking bugs.

Regarding collectibles, the bugs with Mafia II and Mafia III revolve around the game resetting the counter to zero for certain tallies. Not collectibles per se but stuff like 50 kills and killing all bosses.

6 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Don't let the II port disaster and III's buggyness fool you. Mafia I Remake in general is very well made, reviewing excellently so far, with virtually no bugs in my experience. In fact I think the reason II port was so bad (the OG game I love) was due to the focus on this remake, as it's night and day in terms of quality. Zero platinum blocking bugs I think.

I mean, I think the Mafia 2 "remaster" was a disaster because it was done by D3T who totally fucked it up. It wasn't like Hangar 13 were working on the Mafia 2 remaster and the Mafia 1 remake at the same time. I would love to see a Mafia 2 remake from Hangar 13 in a similar way that they did with Mafia 1. However, I wholeheartedly believe that, if they were to do that, they should release it for free as an apology to the fans for D3T's fuckup. After all, it was Hangar 13 who allowed D3T near it in the first place. But I doubt whether Hangar 13 would be willing to do that.

I agree with you completely on the Mafia 1 remake though. No bugs so far for me and I think they did really well with this remake.

10 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Regarding collectibles, the bugs with Mafia II and Mafia III revolve around the game resetting the counter to zero for certain tallies. Not collectibles per se but stuff like 50 kills and killing all bosses.

I see. I never experienced any of that with Mafia 3. Then again I didn't play it at launch. I did experience the bugged 50 kills trophy with the Mafia 2 "remaster" though. That said, I've beaten the Mafia 1 remake and am working on collectibles now, and I haven't experienced any bugs with the collectibles thus far.

6 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Well, seeing as Hanger 13 didn’t do the Mafia 2 remaster, it’s definitely not because of focus on this one that M2 turned out that way.

8 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Mafia II and III had them with the definitive edition update and the latter has still not been patched.

Just want to know if it's worth spending my money or if Hangar 13 have put their usual *ahem* "magic" touch on it?

No glitched trophies but there is a difficulty spike on the race level on Classic mode. Good remake for the 2002 game.

ARIXANDRE.png

14 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

I see. I never experienced any of that with Mafia 3. Then again I didn't play it at launch. I did experience the bugged 50 kills trophy with the Mafia 2 "remaster" though. That said, I've beaten the Mafia 1 remake and am working on collectibles now, and I haven't experienced any bugs with the collectibles thus far.

Oh, launch was when it was actually good but I wasn't a trophy hunter then so never cared about platinums. 4 years later and I only have one trophy to get for the plat and can't get it because of a bug that they introduced in the definitive edition that is easily fixable if Hangar 13 would kindly pull their finger out.

14 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

No glitched trophies but there is a difficulty spike on the race level on Classic mode. Good remake for the 2002 game.

ARIXANDRE.png

I don't mind difficulty spikes, I'm sure I'll be able to beat the race but even if I don't I'm not fussed. At the end of the day if I can't get a trophy then that trophy is not for me and I'll just move on.

Everybody is gonna have at least one plat that beats them,  as platinums by their very nature are supposed to be challenging for the average gamer but I can't abide bugs on principle, especially when it's for trophies that are really easy too.

23 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Mafia II and III had them with the definitive edition update and the latter has still not been patched.

Just want to know if it's worth spending my money or if Hangar 13 have put their usual *ahem* "magic" touch on it?

None, you'll likely encounter some sound/visual bugs but nothing game and/or trophy breaking.

Good remake, worth the asking price.

5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

4 years later and I only have one trophy to get for the plat and can't get it because of a bug that they introduced in the definitive edition that is easily fixable if Hangar 13 would kindly pull their finger out.

Huh, that's weird. I've heard it was buggy as hell on launch. I Platinum'ed Mafia 3 back in 2018 but if there's a bug in the Definitive Edition that makes the Platinum unobtainable now, it absolutely isn't acceptable that Hangar 13 haven't fixed it by now.

5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oh, launch was when it was actually good but I wasn't a trophy hunter then so never cared about platinums. 4 years later and I only have one trophy to get for the plat and can't get it because of a bug that they introduced in the definitive edition that is easily fixable if Hangar 13 would kindly pull their finger out.

I don't mind difficulty spikes, I'm sure I'll be able to beat the race but even if I don't I'm not fussed. At the end of the day if I can't get a trophy then that trophy is not for me and I'll just move on.

Everybody is gonna have at least one plat that beats them,  as platinums by their very nature are supposed to be challenging for the average gamer but I can't abide bugs on principle, especially when it's for trophies that are really easy too.

Then , you'll be fine. No bugged trophies and a nice remake of the 2002 original. Happy gaming!

I may have found a platinum breaking bug. The trophy is the one that requires unlocking all secret cars in free roam, I went to pick up the Manta Prototype but the car in the garage was a Bolt Model B. Now the car is "unlocked" but it doesn't spawn anywhere, cannot pick it from the garage, is not there in Autopedia either...

EDIT: no car still, but the bug is not platinum breaking as I still got the trophy

Edited by Falken-N7

On 27/09/2020 at 6:40 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Well, seeing as Hanger 13 didn’t do the Mafia 2 remaster, it’s definitely not because of focus on this one that M2 turned out that way.

...that is my point. They outsourced the port likely because they were making this remake, hence it not being the best quality. I imagine Hangar 13 would have done a better job even if they are criticised at times.  

• Like 1

On 29-9-2020 at 1:05 AM, Falken-N7 said:

I may have found a platinum breaking bug. The trophy is the one that requires unlocking all secret cars in free roam, I went to pick up the Manta Prototype but the car in the garage was a Bolt Model B. Now the car is "unlocked" but it doesn't spawn anywhere, cannot pick it from the garage, is not there in Autopedia either...

For me it was a Luxe taxi, instead of the manta, lol. But it didn't void the trophy for me.

dPDmNYd.jpg

Edited by Kasowicz
  • Like 1

This games trophy list all in all was just exhausting. Overall loved the story as i did back in 2002, loved some of the visuals but wow, the bugs are ridiculous. I was getting audio reverb, screen tearing, brightness difficulties, pop inns, motion blur. This all being played on a standard PS4 with a high end TV, i guess i was one of the unlucky ones. Never buying a game from Hangar 13 again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KryptonKronos said:

This games trophy list all in all was just exhausting. Overall loved the story as i did back in 2002, loved some of the visuals but wow, the bugs are ridiculous. I was getting audio reverb, screen tearing, brightness difficulties, pop inns, motion blur. This all being played on a standard PS4 with a high end TV, i guess i was one of the unlucky ones. Never buying a game from Hangar 13 again. 

I had a few too, on a PRO. But to be fair and experience the story again with updated visuals it was more than a half-measure and worth the €30 asking price.

If it were a full €70 game then hell no but for what it is I think it turned out ok.

Still have hopes for a Mafia 4 which is more Mafia 2 than Mafia 3 with the latest and greatest in terms of UI, mechanics and graphics.

• Like 1

On 30/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Kasowicz said:

For me it was a Luxe taxi, instead of the manta, lol. But it didn't void the trophy for me.

dPDmNYd.jpg

Didn't void it for me as well, today I got the Trautenberg Sport which was the last one I was missing and I got the trophy. Still, I'd like to drive around my Manta for collectibles purpose, guess the Smith Moray will have to do

I ran into another bug that made me think the platinum was broken, which is the lack of some crates needed to climb over a wall to collect a fox.

tgEc5OI.jpg

I tried going back to main menu, nothing. Rebooted the game, nothing. A not so quick search led me to a post somewhere in which a guy said that switching the weather to Noon solved it, and it did for me as well. So keep that in mind while hunting. Also it seems those crates can be destructed and will stay destructed if so, be careful. This was my first Hangar 13 game, and all the things about their games being designed poorly emerged...shame because otherwise I enjoyed this game a lot

Patch 1.02: Can't collect story collectible Terror Tales #18 - Mistress of the Dark Pool. I'm gonna try a fresh install and see if that remedies it.

Edit: that didn't seem to be the issue. Looks like I already collected it, but the collectible doesn't despawn from the game world. Will update once I get all other collectibles, to see if it glitches out the trophy.

Edit: Got the platinum without issues.

Edited by NewDust

11 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Finished with 48 of 50 foxes... I double checked and I did get them all... I'm sure. I hope the new update didn't break this.

Did you do the ones in the story?

I made sure to get all collectibles before installing the patch, went offline just in case and the only reason why I installed the patch after was to have the benefit of enemies on the minimap on classic mode.

12 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Did you do the ones in the story?

I made sure to get all collectibles before installing the patch, went offline just in case and the only reason why I installed the patch after was to have the benefit of enemies on the minimap on classic mode.

Yup, I followed these guides : 

Spoiler

Doing it all over again now, I still have 10+ more locations to check, but I'm pretty sure it's broken.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I got sloppy and missed 2!

Edited by bosstristan