Xenoblast91

How to acquire Dominus battle car?

15 posts in this topic

As title says. I don't have it in my garage (editor window in-game). Lurking in the "recent achievers" tab for Supersonic Fury DLC, people are getting the attached trophies in F2P version, but I don't see how to obtain it. Other sites refers that is pay-wall blocked, so even looking in the PS Store, there's is no package about this car. 

 

How do I own or get it in the F2P version? Thanks y'all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the Guides for this DLC were written long before the premium DLCs were made free to everyone nearly a year ago then delisted from the PS Store, thus are horribly outdated by this point :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Most of the Guides for this DLC were written long before the premium DLCs were made free to everyone nearly a year ago then delisted from the PS Store, thus are horribly outdated by this point :(.

Guides don't have a big deal, but the proper way to acquire several trophies, like items, cars and alike seems awkward  to be released in this F2P without its proper addition. 

 

However, are you suggesting that the game now is 100% unobtainable? I don't think so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Guides don't have a big deal, but the proper way to acquire several trophies, like items, cars and alike seems awkward  to be released in this F2P without its proper addition. 

 

However, are you suggesting that the game now is 100% unobtainable? I don't think so.

It's not absolutely unobtainable but the stat tracking is so knackered it might as well be since the trophies only pop when they feel like it, therefore you're better off waiting for a patch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's not absolutely unobtainable but the stat tracking is so knackered it might as well be since the trophies only pop when they feel like it, therefore you're better off waiting for a patch.

The last guy who got the trophies has timestamp of today's (September 26th, 2020), which seems very suspicious about this.

 

The only hypothesis I have is that he somehow waited until this date to play the game with everything purchased. I don't think that's possible but, again, if people are getting them then somehow those items can be get. May be, by trade only but this is high suspicion and I'm just wondering about this potential issue. Thanks for your answers. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

The last guy who got the trophies has timestamp of today's (September 26th, 2020), which seems very suspicious about this.

 

The only hypothesis I have is that he somehow waited until this date to play the game with everything purchased. I don't think that's possible but, again, if people are getting them then somehow those items can be get. May be, by trade only but this is high suspicion and I'm just wondering about this potential issue. Thanks for your answers. 

What trophy are you talking about? They could have got the DLC before and not achieved the trophy until now perhaps? I have a lot of the DLC and don't have hardly any of the trophies myself so could see something like that happening to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Dominus as a random reward, I think it was from a driver challenge. So, not paywall-blocked.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just join a RL trading group on Facebook and trade for a dominus. They are not valuable, someone will give you one for very rare toppers most likely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, den-69 said:

What trophy are you talking about? They could have got the DLC before and not achieved the trophy until now perhaps? I have a lot of the DLC and don't have hardly any of the trophies myself so could see something like that happening to me.

For the "Winning is winning" trophy. I got in touch with the achiever, and he honestly told me that he gt the game before release and simply started playing yesterday, despite he doesn't have done it in that account. But probably the people getting those are for OGs who bought the game and the hype made them play it finally. 

 

12 hours ago, alexsr161 said:

I got Dominus as a random reward, I think it was from a driver challenge. So, not paywall-blocked.

Going to check that! I've just being playing for a few days but if that's the case then I should get it somehow by playing. However, I stated the paywall method as seems the Fandom Wiki says that is now a purchasable item. Don't know what means by that, though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

For the "Winning is winning" trophy. I got in touch with the achiever, and he honestly told me that he gt the game before release and simply started playing yesterday, despite he doesn't have done it in that account. But probably the people getting those are for OGs who bought the game and the hype made them play it finally. 

 

Going to check that! I've just being playing for a few days but if that's the case then I should get it somehow by playing. However, I stated the paywall method as seems the Fandom Wiki says that is now a purchasable item. Don't know what means by that, though. 

I think it means this car is now locked behind a Loot Box, thus you have to buy Premium Currency to stand a chance of getting it - though I could be wrong.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

As title says. I don't have it in my garage (editor window in-game). Lurking in the "recent achievers" tab for Supersonic Fury DLC, people are getting the attached trophies in F2P version, but I don't see how to obtain it. Other sites refers that is pay-wall blocked, so even looking in the PS Store, there's is no package about this car. 

 

How do I own or get it in the F2P version? Thanks y'all. 

I have the f2p version and I got dominus, but I don't remember if it was through a crate or specific challenge. You don't need to spend money to get it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

As title says. I don't have it in my garage (editor window in-game). Lurking in the "recent achievers" tab for Supersonic Fury DLC, people are getting the attached trophies in F2P version, but I don't see how to obtain it. Other sites refers that is pay-wall blocked, so even looking in the PS Store, there's is no package about this car. 

 

How do I own or get it in the F2P version? Thanks y'all. 

You need to complete the challenges to earn the DLC cars. On the main menu press R1 to access challenges. You should see a set of 5 ‘New Driver challenges’ after you’ve completed like 3 or 4 pages worth of challenges the Dominus challenge should appear, it’s requirement is to complete 10 matches. I was extremely confused at first too as all the guides are outdated and I figured they put all the previously pay wall cars in your inventory automatically. Hope this helps :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the game since it was free on PS plus and had got the plat and most of the other trophies except the paid DLC ones.

 

I re-downloaded and opened up the new free to play Rocket League and had been given all of the legacy cars and other inventory items needed for the trophies like the Cristiano wheels and the Dominus car.

 

Possibly try re-downloading the new one from the store and see if anything is awarded when logging in?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

I've had the game since it was free on PS plus and had got the plat and most of the other trophies except the paid DLC ones.

 

I re-downloaded and opened up the new free to play Rocket League and had been given all of the legacy cars and other inventory items needed for the trophies like the Cristiano wheels and the Dominus car.

 

Possibly try re-downloading the new one from the store and see if anything is awarded when logging in?

To my knowledge, (and the guides add to the confusion due to them being outdated). If you played the game prior to it going F2P you’ll automatically earn all the old paid DLC items (Dominus, Takumi, etc) however, if you’re a new F2P user you have to complete the ‘New Driver’ challenges. (After 5 challenges a new set of challenges will appear, I got the Dominus car on the 4th page of challenges I believe. (You might also be able to earn these items via the loot box things)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

You need to complete the challenges to earn the DLC cars. On the main menu press R1 to access challenges. You should see a set of 5 ‘New Driver challenges’ after you’ve completed like 3 or 4 pages worth of challenges the Dominus challenge should appear, it’s requirement is to complete 10 matches. I was extremely confused at first too as all the guides are outdated and I figured they put all the previously pay wall cars in your inventory automatically. Hope this helps :)

Yes, this is it! Sorry for all this mess, but for new players this info can be super useful. I got Backfire via "driver challenges", which confirm this. I haven't lucky enough to got the Dominus despite I finished 2 pages, LOL. 

 

1 hour ago, groomyboy said:

I've had the game since it was free on PS plus and had got the plat and most of the other trophies except the paid DLC ones.

 

I re-downloaded and opened up the new free to play Rocket League and had been given all of the legacy cars and other inventory items needed for the trophies like the Cristiano wheels and the Dominus car.

 

Possibly try re-downloading the new one from the store and see if anything is awarded when logging in?

No. If you're an OG player you'll automatically give you this cars, hence why people can get the DLC trophies. But they are locked behind the challenges as stated above. I feel relieved to be honest as I wasn't sure about what I ventured at first glance, LOL. 

 

Thanks a lot to everybody for your replies. All cars are obtainable, just make sure to make the challenges as they are super easy and may come naturally by playing normally. The matchmaking is pretty fair and you can improve a lot by simply watching other experienced players. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.