Macro or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Grind

Roden124

Thanks for this. Macros really do help with the monotony of the grind, though I’ve noticed my connection to remote play gets really bad late at night so I haven’t been leaving it running overnight. 

I’m also thinking they have some big DLC planned, unless the devs are just really bad at figuring out levelling. I filled in the feedback form and mentioned the low xp cap.

• Like 4

A feedback form! That's valuable indeed, thanks for linking that. I'm going to fill it out too.*

*Edit: Is the survey available publicly? In any case, I agree with you about the DLC.
This grind is way too big for the average player, and the game is way too well-designed for the developers to not know better.
If we really are getting THPS3 or a similar expansion, it may come with a separate trophy list anyway.

Also, if you want Level 100 sooner than later, try booting Windows in Safe Mode.
That should give you the frames you need because your computer will run in its purest state.
All drawbacks will be negated by you sleeping.

Here's an update on my end. The grind will be done very soon.
When I get home from work in a few hours, I'll be at 98 or even 99!

From 70 to 100, my PS4 will have been on for 3 days, but I lost 16 hours of autonomous grind yesterday. 
I used my computer as normal during the simulation, causing some change in the system to lag frames.
After multiple restarts and technical difficulties, I got it to work again, and am now doing the least I can to stir the pot.

In the meantime, I did the remaining challenges worthwhile, adding 25,000 EXP.
So once I reach level 99, the Platinum is in the bag.

When I get home, I'll upload the compressed version of the macro.
I don't know how much of a difference it makes, if any at all, but smaller can only be better.
All it does is remove button inputs that the macro isn't using.

Tomorrow just so happens to be Pro Skater's 21st birthday, so that's when I'm going to time the Platinum and watch the Tony Hawk doc. ?

Edited by Shuriken_Shiguru
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

A feedback form! That's valuable indeed, thanks for linking that. I'm going to fill it out too.*

*Edit: Is the survey available publicly? In any case, I agree with you about the DLC.
This grind is way too big for the average player, and the game is way too well-designed for the developers to not know better.
If we really are getting THPS3 or a similar expansion, it may come with a separate trophy list anyway.

Also, if you want Level 100 sooner than later, try booting Windows in Safe Mode.
That should give you the frames you need because your computer will run in its purest state.
All drawbacks will be negated by you sleeping.

Here's an update on my end. The grind will be done very soon.
When I get home from work in a few hours, I'll be at 98 or even 99!

From 70 to 100, my PS4 will have been on for 3 days, but I lost 16 hours of autonomous grind yesterday. 
I used my computer as normal during the simulation, causing some change in the system to lag frames.
After multiple restarts and technical difficulties, I got it to work again, and am now doing the least I can to stir the pot.

In the meantime, I did the remaining challenges worthwhile, adding 25,000 EXP.
So once I reach level 99, the Platinum is in the bag.

When I get home, I'll upload the compressed version of the macro.
I don't know how much of a difference it makes, if any at all, but smaller can only be better.
All it does is remove button inputs that the macro isn't using.

Tomorrow just so happens to be Pro Skater's 21st birthday, so that's when I'm going to time the Platinum and watch the Tony Hawk doc. 1f3c4.png

I’m not sure- sorry if it’s not working or anything. It was a link I got from Activision after I posted in their report forum. Either way the devs are probably aware by now, have seen a few complaints going around the past few weeks. Thanks for all the tips! Hopefully you’ll get finished soon.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2020 at 6:30 AM, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

This link expires one week after I post this. If it's not made obsolete by someone else in the meantime, I'll remember to reupload it,
but if I don't and you need them, kindly remind me! 
There's nothing worse than finding a helpful post only to discover dead links, blanked images, and purged text.

Thanks for your Macro. Better than mine.

I hope for a DLC too with THPS3, I just want the platinium so I can play an other game in the meantime.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, I updated the original post with the even betterer compressed version. I wanted to test it out before updating, just in case.
It doesn't change anything but it could help out with frames since there isn't as much data to read.
I'm glad you found it useful!

I think THPS3 is the most likely DLC candidate. It could be a level pack. I really, really love the levels in THPS3.

I wonder if we will even see a THPS4 remake or beyond. In addition to the different mission structure, THPS4 had solidified all of this era's features already.
Revert, manual, wall-plant, spine transfer. If it were up to me, I'd have a new game and remakes up to THUG2. (That's the last one I played.)

The Create-A-Park got really advanced as the series went on, I really want to see what a next-gen, no-holds-barred Create-A-Park can really do.

This game is so popular, something good is bound to happen.
After my Amazon order got delayed on release day, I went to Best Buy 10 minutes after they opened and they only had one copy left.

In light of that, it's weird to think I may be one of the first 100 people on this site to get the Platinum.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

Speaking of which, I updated the original post with the even betterer compressed version. I wanted to test it out before updating, just in case.
It doesn't change anything but it could help out with frames since there isn't as much data to read.
I'm glad you found it useful!

I think THPS3 is the most likely DLC candidate. It could be a level pack. I really, really love the levels in THPS3.

I wonder if we will even see a THPS4 remake or beyond. In addition to the different mission structure, THPS4 had solidified all of this era's features already.
Revert, manual, wall-plant, spine transfer. If it were up to me, I'd have a new game and remakes up to THUG2. (That's the last one I played.)

The Create-A-Park got really advanced as the series went on, I really want to see what a next-gen, no-holds-barred Create-A-Park can really do.

This game is so popular, something good is bound to happen.
After my Amazon order got delayed on release day, I went to Best Buy 10 minutes after they opened and they only had one copy left.

In light of that, it's weird to think I may be one of the first 100 people on this site to get the Platinum.

My bet is THP3 will be DLC. Then, since THPS4 is completely different from the first 3 games, they'll remaster that with THAW, then finally they'll remaster THUG1+2. Here's hoping ^^

• Like 1

Indeed! If only the remakes could come out after we beat the previous game, ha.

I really should be asking for the games I didn't play, but by then they were on not-ancient hardware.

I recently learned of THUG Pro, just knowing that exists is awesome.

I am, for all intents and purposes, done. However, I will be waiting until midnight exactly to strike the Platinum.
In all likelihood, I'll be #99, #100, or #101. All of which satisfy my OCD.*
*Edit: The number jumped like 8 people.
It looks like they finished before I did, but the system just updated now.
Thankfully, I don't care much about this. Being in the <1% percentile is astounding enough!

The grind to Level 100 is wack, but otherwise this remake filled a void in my heart I didn't know was gone. ☁️

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shadow_rider456 said:

My bet is THP3 will be DLC. Then, since THPS4 is completely different from the first 3 games, they'll remaster that with THAW, then finally they'll remaster THUG1+2. Here's hoping ^^

That's an odd bet. The game is specifically called "1+2", it doesn't make any sense they release a DLC with Pro Skater 3 and/or 4.

If they are delivering any DLC it could be new playable characters as well Vicarious Visions' completely new parks (like Future Tense in Crash 3 and tracks in CTR) 

However, I'm surprised nodoby created those THPS3/4 levels in the community, for this bundle :D

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

stuff

I've seen a few, actually! Even levels from the Underground sequels.
Considering the limitation of the tools, I think they did a good job. Some are more complete than others, of course. 

The reason I think THPS3 is likely to be DLC is that it's so similar to 1 and 2. I understand your thinking, though.
THPS3 will most definitely not be free or cheap, I could see it being a standalone expansion for $20.
Maybe less, but that pricing would make each game worth $20 individually.

New levels would be fun, too. They did a good job with the Crash DLC.

I'm open to any substantial DLC at all. Anything to do with Tony Hawk is a good time.
Except the Robomodo era but we don't talk about that.

• Like 1

Did they take loop_experience_farm down? I can't find it in the search.

Edit: I found it after searching for just loop_     If I searched for the whole string, nothing came up. Hope that helps someone out and thanks to the OP for creating this method!

Edited by Vaanderpantz

Added that info to the original post! I searched for it under "loop_" myself, so I may have made an assumption about the full name while glancing.
It'll be a good idea to favorite it because you may need to go back and forth for whatever reason, so you might as well save time.

I'll also add that the reason why the original loop is important is because of its walls leading to the ramp.
The player spawns in slightly different spots each time. This does not affect the player but will fool an AI.
The walls funnel the AI to the ramp so it'll align with the rail afterwards.

Give the loop a nice big upvote too, the creator not only made a functional map but also pinched a little spice on it to help with the monotony.
(Monotony...hee. I've gone insane.)

• Like 1

Do you have the loop enabled? It's right by the "Script" button.

The macro is supposed to go to the options menu and then automatically hit Retry Level.
Just to be thorough, here's how the process works:

[Macro Start]

X ------------ (Retry Level)

Up Down - (Manual; done multiple times while the map loads.)
X ------------ (Jump off the manual)
/\ ------------ (Do a lip trick)
X  ----------- (Jump off the lip trick)

X ------------ (Jump on the rail)
/\ -------------(Grind the rail; Held all the way to boost the multiplier at the end.)
Start ------- (Open the options menu)

Up ---------- (End Run)
X ------------ (Skip results; done multiple times.)
[Macro End, repeat Macro Start]

The timing of silence is important, too. To give an example, the score at the end needs a second to register after landing.

Occasionally the AI will get asynchronized and bean it, but the next simulation will correct itself with the first and last steps.

I tested a few macros where the computer decided to fiddle with audio settings, so if something like that ever happens,

you can pinpoint where you lost your frames!

By the way, your English is great! d(^^)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

Do you have the loop enabled? It's right by the "Script" button.

The macro is supposed to go to the options menu and then automatically hit Retry Level.
Just to be thorough, here's how the process works:

[Macro Start]

X ------------ (Retry Level)

Up Down - (Manual; done multiple times while the map loads.)
X ------------ (Jump off the manual)
/\ ------------ (Do a lip trick)
X  ----------- (Jump off the lip trick)

X ------------ (Jump on the rail)
/\ -------------(Grind the rail; Held all the way to boost the multiplier at the end.)
Start ------- (Open the options menu)

Up ---------- (End Run)
X ------------ (Skip results; done multiple times.)
[Macro End, repeat Macro Start]

The timing of silence is important, too. To give an example, the score at the end needs a second to register after landing.

Occasionally the AI will get asynchronized and bean it, but the next simulation will correct itself with the first and last steps.

I tested a few macros where the computer decided to fiddle with audio settings, so if something like that ever happens,

you can pinpoint where you lost your frames!

By the way, your English is great! d(^^)

First off all, thank you for the explanation. And yeah I meant the audio settings/options. ?

• Like 1

Yeah, that happened to me too one day. It was working fine until one morning then bam, lag that wouldn't quit. I tried everything.
Thankfully I still had beefy challenges to do so I played the game legitimately while troubleshooting.
Playing the game was a nice change of pace from not playing the game.
I got the counter to work again by rebooting a dozen times but "just turn it off and on again LMAO" isn't pragmatic advice.

If you use Windows, Safe Mode With Networking is your best option, but if nothing works,
at least you can have comfort knowing you can still get this trophy...eventually... ?

You could try getting 1st in all of the leaderboards. That might get you enough EXP. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...