"Up to the task" trophy info.

uduc2late

Hey, I just started Mad Max yesterday and saw that the online servers were shutting down on Halloween. I then saw that there is online required for to challenges which are required fro the "up to the task" trophy. I saw people talking about scrap collection and all sorts but I'm very new to the game and was looking for a very simple explanation of what I have to do for those challenges and how far in the story do I have to go (do I have to finish or not). Thanks! 

Get the scrap crews to get scrap for you ASAP as you need them to collect it while the game is turned off.

Back up your saves, make sure every scavenging location counts. You definitely do not want to get hit with the scavenging glitch, because the game is a 50+ hour platinum.

I'd also advise getting that boarder spikes challenge out of the way as soon as you can. If you cleared out all the territory beforehand you have to wait for Buzzards at night, which can be a royal pain in the ass since only a few pop up at any one time.

• Like 2

The only two challenges that are connected to online services are the ones for collecting scrap (= the "money" of the game) through your scrap crews.

You can unlock these scrap crews as soon as you get to the first upgradeable base of the game, which you'll find 2-3 hours after booting up and playing the game. In this area, you'll find different types of furniture that you can upgrade, one of them gives you a scrap crew that will collect scrap for you while you're logged off from the game (and have internet connection). The amount of scrap you get varies from time to time, depending on the time you were absent from the game. There will be multiple bases in the game, which means that the longer you play, the more scrap crews you'll be able to hire (there are a total of 3 or 4 bases in total). While it is possible to only unlock the first scrap crew and leave the game for a month or so to complete the challenges, it isn't really the safest bet, since your scrap crew will just collect small amounts of scrap. Challenge 1 requires you to collect 500 scrap with scrap crews, challenge 2 demands 2000 scrap. I've been playing the game for a week now and beat it tonight. I've got all scrap crews and I haven't completed challenge 2 (2000 scrap from scrap crews) yet but it will be done tomorrow, since I get 300-400 scrap a day now). My recommendation would be to unlock more than one scrap crew and then leave the game for a while (or just play it actively). 

Edited by bubblebubble11
Typo
  • Like 4

On 28/09/2020 at 9:26 PM, bubblebubble11 said:

The only two challenges that are connected to online services are the ones for collecting scrap (= the "money" of the game) through your scrap crews.

You can unlock these scrap crews as soon as you get to the first upgradeable base of the game, which you'll find 2-3 hours after booting up and playing the game. In this area, you'll find different types of furniture that you can upgrade, one of them gives you a scrap crew that will collect scrap for you while you're logged off from the game (and have internet connection). The amount of scrap you get varies from time to time, depending on the time you were absent from the game. There will be multiple bases in the game, which means that the longer you play, the more scrap crews you'll be able to hire (there are a total of 3 or 4 bases in total). While it is possible to only unlock the first scrap crew and leave the game for a month or so to complete the challenges, it isn't really the safest bet, since your scrap crew will just collect small amounts of scrap. Challenge 1 requires you to collect 500 scrap with scrap crews, challenge 2 demands 2000 scrap. I've been playing the game for a week now and beat it tonight. I've got all scrap crews and I haven't completed challenge 2 (2000 scrap from scrap crews) yet but it will be done tomorrow, since I get 300-400 scrap a day now). My recommendation would be to unlock more than one scrap crew and then leave the game for a while (or just play it actively). 

Oh thank u very much for this reply this helps out a lot, super detailed, really appreciate it and I'm very close to unlocking the first base btw. Thank you! 

Edited by uduc2late
  • Like 3

On 9/30/2020 at 4:14 AM, uduc2late said:

Oh thank u very much for this reply this helps out a lot, super detailed, really appreciate it and I'm very close to unlocking the first base btw. Thank you! 

FYI - Your Scrap will max out at 24 hours so don’t sit idle for a week and expect to boot it up and fulfill the challenge requirements. To do this fast as possible, you will need to play the game once a day to collect your scrap. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

FYI - Your Scrap will max out at 24 hours so don’t sit idle for a week and expect to boot it up and fulfill the challenge requirements. To do this fast as possible, you will need to play the game once a day to collect your scrap. 

I thought it capped at 500, not time base?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

I thought it capped at 500, not time base?

The cap is 500 scrap 

1 crew takes 24hr to collect 500.

2 crews would dock that to ~22 hr

3 crews would lower it to about 20hr

So w 3 crews. Getting 500 scrap every ~20 hr.

Would take bout 5 days

I avg. W/ 1 crew. 350-500 after being offline for alil over a day.

Min. Amount taken would take 5-7 days w max crews

1.5 week max w 1 crew booting up each day just to collect scrap an going right back offline. ( about how long it took me)

• Like 1

I have a question about the trophy, the guide says it’s 144 unique challenges, I’ve complete 122 (according to the Legend tab) so there should only be 20 left

but when I count the challenges, I have 33 unique ones left 

wasteland: 13

car combat: 20

did they add challenges later or something? do I m need to do all of the challenges or just 144 unique ones for the trophy? 

On 03/10/2020 at 10:36 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

The cap is 500 scrap 

Would take bout 5 days

1.5 week max w 1 crew booting up each day just to collect scrap an going right back offline. ( about how long it took me)

This is not true, i stayed offline for about 40 hours, only got about 240 scraps. I had just jeets crew.

Edit: I just logged in again now, after 25 hours. I got 143 scraps x4.

Which is also over the quoted 500 max.

Edited by Reinachii-
New data.

2 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

I have a question about the trophy, the guide says it’s 144 unique challenges, I’ve complete 122 (according to the Legend tab) so there should only be 20 left

but when I count the challenges, I have 33 unique ones left 

wasteland: 13

car combat: 20

did they add challenges later or something? do I m need to do all of the challenges or just 144 unique ones for the trophy? 

144 unique ones. the ones that say "completed X amount of times are the repeatable challenges" those can be ignored after.

several of them appear that way.

Edited by kingdrake2

On 10/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

The cap is 500 scrap 

Would take bout 5 days

Please do not spread misinformation...you can get well over 500 scrap total if you wait offline long enough. I have gotten over 500 scrap in total by waiting offline for approximately 20 or so hours. Just refer to my forum post for more info, people. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

144 unique ones. the ones that say "completed X amount of times are the repeatable challenges" those can be ignored after.

several of them appear that way.

yeah but the challenges I’m talking about don’t say ‘completed X amount of times’ I’m not counting these

now I have 133 completed and 26 remaining (that don’t have the ‘competed x times..’ in their description)

wasteland: 12

car combat: 14 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:36 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

The cap is 500 scrap 

Would take bout 5 days

I did as @HoorayForTyler's post says and I got 500 scrap from all 4 crews in about 20 hours. Now I plan to start the game again on Wednesday's afternoon, exactly 3.5 days after I got the first challenge done to get the remaining 2000 scraps from all 4 crews.

Here's the post:

35 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

yeah but the challenges I’m talking about don’t say ‘completed X amount of times’ I’m not counting these

now I have 133 completed and 26 remaining (that don’t have the ‘competed x times..’ in their description)

wasteland: 12

car combat: 14 

Well some challenges have incremental stages, like there are multiple remove mines and multiple remove scarecrows

9 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I did as @HoorayForTyler's post says and I got 500 scrap from all 4 crews in about 20 hours. Now I plan to start the game again on Wednesday's afternoon, exactly 3.5 days after I got the first challenge done to get the remaining 2000 scraps from all 4 crews.

Here's the post:

Good luck, i'd recommend following the recommendations in the guide by Mobius Evalon on trueachievements Basically never destroy the convoys unless the story requires you to or you complete all the car combat challenges.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a205861/up-to-the-task-achievement

• Like 2

On 03/10/2020 at 1:51 AM, PerryToxteth said:

Oh jeez thanks for this i've left the game for 3 days now better go collect it!!! 

54 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Well some challenges have incremental stages, like there are multiple remove mines and multiple remove scarecrows

Good luck, i'd recommend following the recommendations in the guide by Mobius Evalon on trueachievements Basically never destroy the convoys unless the story requires you to or you complete all the car combat challenges.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a205861/up-to-the-task-achievement

Of course, I only did one since the story required me to do so. I'll leave that for last.

12 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Please do not spread misinformation...you can get well over 500 scrap total if you wait offline long enough. I have gotten over 500 scrap in total by waiting offline for approximately 20 or so hours. Just refer to my forum post for more info, people. 

I was just going off my understanding an what i red eles were.

I was avg.  350-500 after 1~2 days offline w 1 strong hold.

Was offline for 3 years an came back to 500 scrap max again. 1 strong hold. ( now have 2 w the survey crew still haven't gotten over 500. But getting higher amounts in shorter time)   

?

(Edit:) also only took maybe 12 days to get the 2k offline scrap challange done for my self. 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

12 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

You are fine. Your scrap from crew does not cap at 24 hours.

Have you not read any other post in this thread? 

Awesome thanks! 

Thanks everyone for the replies really helps people out! Appreciate it, all of you! 

this online scrap challenge is a mess. last time I played mad max was over 2 years ago and I stopped right after reaching 1st stronghold. I made some upgrades there, hired a crew and that's it. now I logged few days ago, crew got me 500 scraps and challenge progression said 500/2000. today I logged again, crew got 429 scraps and challenge is currently at 429/2000. does it mean I have to unlock all 4 crews and get required 2000 in one go? 

10 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

this online scrap challenge is a mess. last time I played mad max was over 2 years ago and I stopped right after reaching 1st stronghold. I made some upgrades there, hired a crew and that's it. now I logged few days ago, crew got me 500 scraps and challenge progression said 500/2000. today I logged again, crew got 429 scraps and challenge is currently at 429/2000. does it mean I have to unlock all 4 crews and get required 2000 in one go? 

No, I dont think so. The first tier is for collecting 500 scraps. Logging in and getting more than the required 500 scaps wont count towards to the 2000. You will start there freshly.

I think you just messed it up in your memory. I am pretty confident it was 500/500 for the first time and now it stays at 429/2000.

Just check your completed challenges. There will be one saying "500/500 scarps" by scrap crew.

Edited by Bobble_DD
  • Like 1