Trophy Thoughts - No platinum

AllanGronkjaer

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I was kinda hoping there would be a grindy plat to this game, I know I'll probably put in alot of hours into this game as it already would've been cool to work towards more. Hopefully it has an ingame achievement system then.

Genshin Impact does have an in-game achievement system, divided by various different sections. Each section has it's own %. Achievements will be stamped with the unlock date and award primogems (at least in the CBT. Might have been renamed to "Genesis Crystals" now, unsure yet) upon completion of each achievement. Completing a section awards you with a "banner" that you can slap on your profile for co-op purposes to show off to other people.

Source (sped up to where this guy talks about it). Warning, extreme spoiler warning. I myself just skipped to the part about achievements but there's a lot of other stuff in this video from the CN open beta which started on Sept 15th: 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the moment it say it's a free to play I lost interest on the game right away, does it mean it require an internet connection to play the darn game?

If that's the case then i'm out...

I would like to play FallGuys too but with the connection I have I kinda passed on it.

While the game does not require PS+ or anything like that, in all three of the previous beta tests the game required a consistent internet connection to play. Unsure if it's the same for final launch but based on past experiences, I'd wager to guess it will still require a consistent connection. 

This is mainly due to the gacha elements of the game and the events running in the background at all times, plus making sure that battle passes stay updated with the servers and that people aren't cheating the game (PC has anti cheating software attached to the game that runs in the background all the time, for example). Also things like synching in game achievements, validating purchases, etc, etc. 

The game basically runs like a single-player/4 player MMO. 

Edit: I actually looked up the FAQ and yes, it will require an internet connection to play. 

Source: Genshin Impact | PS4 FAQ under the "Will the PS4 Version of Genshin Impact be an offline game or an online game?" section.

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Apparently they're only platinum hunters, and not trophy hunters

Most of us are reasonable trophy hunters. It's OK to feel a bit sad that your favorite game you've been looking forward too doesn't have a plat when you think it deserves one, yet still play the game. At least that's how I feel. The trophy side of me is a little sad, but that doesn't mean it will stop the waifu, exploring and fun the game offers. I think they can be two different things. :) 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2

I love how these F2P games with massive grinds don't get Platinums, yet cheap 1$ games can get 3+ 5 minute Platinums.

Seriously, the trophy stuff has no rhyme or reason to it. Sony probably just lets developers do whatever with them.

Really hope we see something different happen with trophies in PS5 but we'll probably just get more stacks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I don't get the obsession with games needing plats. 

If the games good trophy values don't matter to me at all. 

I grew up on Xbox so really never understood the obsession with having a plat. 

Like for Xbox 1000gs used to be 100% and anything more was extra points. 

Either way its a game to be completed and if it's a good game I don't see any issue with the list. 

It sucks that it doesn't have more point opportunities I guess but eh if it's fun it's worth playing not like anyone here really focused on overall exp it's usually trophy count anyways. 

The focus on plats imo can ruin the fun out of hunting, I know some people straight up won't even play a game without a plat or negatively bash a game for no reason just because of a game list. 

I remember people angry with final fantasy but to me it's a GameCube port and it's a fun game so why not lmao

I remember when xbox live arcade games were only 200g. And they were usually 10x harder then AAA 1000g games lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sword said:

Genshin Impact does have an in-game achievement system, divided by various different sections. Each section has it's own %. Achievements will be stamped with the unlock date and award primogems (at least in the CBT. Might have been renamed to "Genesis Crystals" now, unsure yet) upon completion of each achievement. Completing a section awards you with a "banner" that you can slap on your profile for co-op purposes to show off to other people.

Source (sped up to where this guy talks about it). Warning, extreme spoiler warning. I myself just skipped to the part about achievements but there's a lot of other stuff in this video from the CN open beta which started on Sept 15th: 

Reveal hidden contents

While the game does not require PS+ or anything like that, in all three of the previous beta tests the game required a consistent internet connection to play. Unsure if it's the same for final launch but based on past experiences, I'd wager to guess it will still require a consistent connection. 

This is mainly due to the gacha elements of the game and the events running in the background at all times, plus making sure that battle passes stay updated with the servers and that people aren't cheating the game (PC has anti cheating software attached to the game that runs in the background all the time, for example). Also things like synching in game achievements, validating purchases, etc, etc. 

The game basically runs like a single-player/4 player MMO. 

Edit: I actually looked up the FAQ and yes, it will require an internet connection to play. 

Source: Genshin Impact | PS4 FAQ under the "Will the PS4 Version of Genshin Impact be an offline game or an online game?" section.

Most of us are reasonable trophy hunters. It's OK to feel a bit sad that your favorite game you've been looking forward too doesn't have a plat when you think it deserves one, yet still play the game. At least that's how I feel. The trophy side of me is a little sad, but that doesn't mean it will stop the waifu, exploring and fun the game offers. I think they can be two different things. :) 

what a shame :(

I was waiting for this stupid thing to be released since the moment it was announced for the ps4 and that Nintendo Fanboy smashed his ps4 for it, I really thought it will gonna be a Breath of the Wild but an Action RPG.

I don't care if it doesn't have a platinum trophy, heck even if it doesn't have trophies at all like some of the free to play games on the Playstation Store.

with my Internet this is a super hard pass, another game I was waiting for is Granblue Fantasy Re-link and already they started to make that thing to an online only BS. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

The game looks fun, so I will be playing it, but all that massive grind for no plat? Yeah, no. 

Take a look at TERA for instance, a good F2P game that has a decent trophy list that I enjoyed platinuming. But instead, we got Spellbreak 2.0, a game that requires you to grind for hundreds of hours but has no plat. 

TLDR: The lack of a plat sure is disappointing and will keep me from playing this for dozens of hours, but the game looks good so I will be trying it. Not going for 100%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

Apparently it is difficult tp get one, devs have to keep pushing PlayStation to have one

It's not hard at all. Minimum of 10 trophies and then a flat feet to add the platinum.

It makes sense for mobile/gatcha/microtransaction games that are f2p to not have a final "you're done, goodbye" marker when the point is to keep you around. So most don't.

11 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I mean for me getting the completion is the reward but again I never grew up caring about plats. A completion is enough reward for me and tbh most plats don't showcase the fullest extent of most games reward for example nioh without the dlc is much less rewarding than completing everything but it's just how I play I understand everyone's different, however I don't think it's terrible that a game has no plat nor do I think the game itself is bad if it doesn't have a trophy for everything. 

Even games like resistance which has no trophies at all I'll still play them and do all the in game challenge lists or games like mega man 9 which have hero and super hero mode. 

Imo sometimes the biggest reward is the game itself and its inner challenges and rewards VS trophy bling. 

At least this game has trophies regardless of plat or not so people can showcase finishing said game that's how I feel about it

You Sir (or Miss), spoke like a true completionist, who completes games for the fun of it. If I was wearing a hat I'd tip it off to you.

The game itself IS the reward. Rewards within the game are what make me strive for completion, most of the time. Games like GTA, where you get weapons, body armor, fun cheats when you complete it are much more fun and rewarding than a virtual platinum 'thingy'. There's also games like Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom, where you get to watch a special cutscene, as well as in Psychonauts and Banjoo Kazooie. THIS is what motivates me. Something I can interact with and have fun. Not just a platinum trophy with which I can't even interact...

That said I still like going for some platinums (mostly games I REALLY like), just because they look pretty, and as a way of saying "Hey, lookie here! I LOVE this game. See the platinum there? I LOVE IT!"

Edit: I'm also playing the game right now and I'm having a blast. Can't wait to get to rank 16 and play with my friends!

Edited by OgaZoSo
  • Like 1

The best thing about Honkai Android and Honkai PC was the ability to use one account to share your progress between platforms. Here it's imposible thanks to PlayStation stupid guidelines (yeah, it's written in the in-game FAQ). But hey, here you can play with controllers, but who cares, mine is broken ?

The game is fun. This trophy set is boring. I still think there must be a way to fix this, I want to believe.

4 hours ago, OgaZoSo said:

You Sir (or Miss), spoke like a true completionist, who completes games for the fun of it. If I was wearing a hat I'd tip it off to you.

The game itself IS the reward. Rewards within the game are what make me strive for completion, most of the time. Games like GTA, where you get weapons, body armor, fun cheats when you complete it are much more fun and rewarding than a virtual platinum 'thingy'. There's also games like Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom, where you get to watch a special cutscene, as well as in Psychonauts and Banjoo Kazooie. THIS is what motivates me. Something I can interact with and have fun. Not just a platinum trophy with which I can't even interact...

That said I still like going for some platinums (mostly games I REALLY like), just because they look pretty, and as a way of saying "Hey, lookie here! I LOVE this game. See the platinum there? I LOVE IT!"

Edit: I'm also playing the game right now and I'm having a blast. Can't wait to get to rank 16 and play with my friends!

Alot of ppl on this site forgot what fun was a long time ago.

It can be quite a sad slight to behold sometimes here.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Why F2P games always share the short ultra grindy trophy list??

I don't care about plat but 1200 chest seems Insane in a 3h session this morning maybe I opened 5 Chest.

Only 5? Damn. I have played about 2 hours I think and I have opened about 10 chests already. Goblin Camps, random chests from enemies.
I am about  the enter the second dungeon

It's a shame yeah but not a bronze - platinium or even a impossible 100% has stopped me for playing a good game I want so I will still try it.

Trophies a extra the fun is in the game you know like the old times when this system doesn't existed

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1