Sanctuary Trophy Glitched?

based_gigachad

Just a quick note to say that - at least for myself - this trophy is buggy.

I decided to reinstall Fallout 4 after 4 years since my last time playing to clean up a few trophies, most notable amongst them the settlement related ones as I really did not like these mechanics and never really engaged with them in my original playthrough. 

Therefore, I never had actually completed the Sanctuary quest, so I set about to do that first - completed it by building defenses and talking to Sturges (which reminded me why i never liked settlements) and no trophy popped!!

I do wonder if this has been influenced by reinstalling only the base game, instead of all the extra downloadable packs that I do own, so I'm currently reinstalling all of those (which were active on my original save) and then I shall re-tackle this quest - if it fixes the issue, great - we have a cause and explanation, and if not - well, that would be a problem now, wouldn't it?

I will update this topic soon upon my next attempt to get this trophy to pop when it actually should.

• Like 1

The saves for Bethesda's games don't react well to not having all the DLCs and patches installed if they were previously there and then removed but then again, their games are technical disasters anyway so the cause of your problem could be literally anything. The only fixes for any glitches in a Bugthesda game are to either load an ancient save and try again or cut your losses and start a new game from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

38 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The saves for Bethesda's games don't react well to not having all the DLCs and patches installed if they were previously there and then removed but then again, their games are technical disasters anyway so the cause of your problem could be literally anything. The only fixes for any glitches in a Bugthesda game are to either load an ancient save and try again or cut your losses and start a new game from scratch.

Yes, I've just tried again having reinstalled all DLC previously installed and it popped upon completion, so I guess that solves it. 

I was probably a bit premature on the 'make a topic' but I hadn't seen any other results about this, not to mention I've also been trying to plat rocket league where some trophies genuinely are glitched at the moment!