Which was your hardest trophy to get and why? (No Platinum)

Julius Spin

WE ARE DOOMED Endless 2 trophy was one of my hardest trophies I got very lucky it's hard to get because you have to reach 450,000 points by time you get to zone 10 there where times wear I got to zone 10 and didn't come close to 450,000 points you can't take too much damage if you lose a life too early you have to start all over I failed at least 100 times or more before unlocking the trophy.

16 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Skullgirls 2nd Encore - Two Weeks

By far the hardest trophy I've ever gotten. You have to beat the final boss of the game, but a super hard version of it. And you're limited to a specific character. And if you mess up even once they can kill you. And all of your attacks to next to nothing. And a lot of the attacks are random. It was a nightmare.

There have been others that have been annoying because of how long they took, or aggravating because of RNG, but that was the hardest in terms of actual skill involved.

Must of been a tough fighting game for sure.

• Like 2

Here we go again.......

In no particular order

Gold standard,  gt5

Shadows rushed me,  max Payne 3

Robotosphere, the shoot

For the motherland, world at war

Peraholics anonymous, same game,  not required for plat but did it solo split screen.  

Welcome to the chip,  mlb19 the show.  

I could go on for days,  but I won't.  

Edited by closertim
  • Like 2

For Honour trophy for Divinity Original 2: Definitive Edition (Beat the game in honour mode) - A complete and utter slog. I don't know how you'd ever get this trophy without dying (and save scumming). Dallis alone would kick your ass as soon as you encounter her. Even getting past Dallis, you still have to go up against the demon Adramahlikh who will just annihilate you without a gameplan. 

World End Trophy for Darkest Dungeon (Beat the game on Stygian mode) - Don't ever do this to yourself. It's not worth it. 

Edited by thekingsman123
  • Like 2

Uncharted 4 speedrun trophy. I made it harder on myself by going for speedrun in Crushing playthrough. Did it but it was extremely stressful in some parts, in particular the exploding mummies, I was convinced speedrun hopes was over but the closer I got to the end, checking time and thinking "not happening..but theres still a chance" which just stresses even more due to how long I was held up in certain areas. I'm glad to done it to own the platinum but it wasn't fun, I got the trophy with 6 minutes remaining.

Edited by WeeFreya
  • Like 2

Gold Standard in Gran Turismo 5

Winning all races in Special Event category needed several hours to practice in a couple of events. Worst of all are the Vettel Challenges. Didn't even get a bronze medal with a dualshock. Only with a wheel and more practice i was able to win these 3.

Beans, Bullets, Bandages in Battlefield Bad Company (get 10.002 kills in Ranked Matches)

This was a really long and hard grind for me. Took several weeks during summer 2017 to get this done. I think i played 400 hours Bad Company online and most of that was thx to the 10k kills needed. Played maybe 4 hours a day to get 100 kills.

Rooftop Runner in Unravel 2 (beat mission 2 within 13 min)

Very cool platformer in general but the speedrun limit for mission 2 is a beast. I played 10 hours the entire game and then 15 hours just this one level and the best i ever did was 40 seconds to slow. Then i asked a friend to join via shareplay and after 5 hours of training we did it with 9 seconds left :D  no other level gave me that much trouble for the speedruns, level 5 and 7 i even did on first try :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 2:51 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

There's one trophy for me that immediately comes to mind:

29Lc5c4b8.png

Lowest Of The Low - Crypt Of The Necrodancer

This is the nastiest trophy i've ever done in my life. It basically asks you to complete the game with 9 characters in a row without dying, without picking up items and without using shines to help you along the way. Clearing an all characters run under normal circumstances can be very tough, but doing it with no items and shrines takes a ridiculous amount of effort, time and dedication. It's essentially 3 hours of playing an extremely difficult game perfectly, one mistake and you're most likely dead. This took me 300-350 hours to obtain.

Good job and wow

Fight'N Rage / Score Attack Master, Get Rank S with All Characters at Score Attack Mode.

/ Time Attack Master, Get Rank S with All Characters at Time Attack Mode.

/ Survival Master, Get Rank S with All Characters at Survival Mode.

By far the hardest group of trophies I've ever achieved! The game requires you to beat each mode with all Characters, this not only includes the three main characters but also every enemy in the game, some characters handle better for certain modes, with that being said some are also awful and will cause a fair bit of rage. The entire list of trophies for Fight'N Rage isn't for the faint hearted. It's one of the best beat em' ups I've ever played! Highly recommend for those that love a decent challenge!

Hyper Light Drifter / The Dash Eternal, Perform the ultimate chain dash.

800 chain dashes with a near perfect X prompt was awful! Absolutely loved the game itself but this trophy alone nearly broke me!

Resident Evil 7 / Ethan Never Dies, Complete Ethan Must Die.

Took me near on 6 months (on and off) to finally get through Ethan Must Die, finally after kind of mastering the house part I found myself dying multiple times when finally reaching Margret, still to this day I feel I got lucky upon beating her.

Ninjin: Clash of Carrots / Ninja Master, Get an S-rank in every stage.

This is another trophy that requires excellent muscle memory and hundreds of retries per level, game itself is awesome and deserves more attention that what it got, imo.

Edited by Raiju Ninja
  • Like 3

Spec Ops The Line: MFWIC (complete the game on fubar difficulty) It was a while ago so I don't really remember, but holy crap was that a pain in the ass. Wasn't super incredibly difficult looking back on it but damn was that tough.

Resident Evil 2: One Hell of A Sheriff (Complete the no way out scenario) Another one that looking back on wasn't complete hell, but it definitely took a few tries. I really don't think I could ever beat it but I really love RE2 so I was determined, and Im glad I didnt give up

The Last of Us: Complete Grounded Mode + (Complete Grounded Mode +) Even using the New Game+ glitch, Grounded Mode definitely lives up to its name (I guess?) Especially the winter section with David and Ellie. God that was horrible. The mulitiplayer trophies also sucked but those were less hard and more disheartening.

Modern Warfare Remastered: The Shot (Complete 'All Ghillied Up' and 'One Shot, One Kill' on Veteran difficulty) I cant say Mile High Club because I was unable to do that legit, but the final part of One Shot One Kill was an absolute hell I wasn't prepared for. 

Red Dead Redemption 2: Notorious (Reach Rank 50) I have yet to tackle the Single Player of this game on PS because the horrible journey to Level 50 in this game nearly killed me. Id take The Last Of Us multiplayer trophies over this one any day

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

As I tend to plat COD games solo (mw2 & mw3), there was a spec ops mission on mw2 that took me several days so it made the specops trophies delayed

BUT 

The first that comes to mind just because of the frustration it caused me... the Flap Master on Goat Simulator, that thing crashed even though it was 243344 kilometers from the obstacle!!!!! 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 0:15 AM, TheDragonfly44 said:

Spec Ops The Line: MFWIC (complete the game on fubar difficulty) It was a while ago so I don't really remember, but holy crap was that a pain in the ass. Wasn't super incredibly difficult looking back on it but damn was that tough.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Notorious (Reach Rank 50) I have yet to tackle the Single Player of this game on PS because the horrible journey to Level 50 in this game nearly killed me. Id take The Last Of Us multiplayer trophies over this one any day

Fubar difficulty on Spec Ops killed the plat for me.  I liked that game a lot but sheesh.

LOL on RDR2 online, I did the same thing!  It took me like six months to get to rank 50 with occasional playing, and I have barely touched the SP since.

For me two come to mind:

Iconoclasts: One-Hit Wonder (Beat Challenge mode)

This is a great indie platformer/exploration type game but the challenge mode made you beat the game on hard mode with you dying in one hit (no permadeath though).  Some of the bosses near the end were rough. multistage affairs with random elements that took me hours to master.  Glad I did it though!

Resogun: I eat asteroids for breakfast (Complete Commando mode)

This is an arcade action game where you shoot aliens in a spaceship but Commando mode was very different.  Instead of a ship you were a little guy defending your house against waves of alien attackers.  Like lots of survival/horde modes things get pretty dicey near the end. I got paired with an amazing random player and we did the whole thing one night.  

• Like 2