Which was your hardest trophy to get and why? (No Platinum)

Julius Spin

44Lac9eaa.png

Catherine - Obelisk Conquered!: Complete Stage 3 of Babel.

Clearing Babel is probably the hardest thing I've done on my account, unlike a lot of the other difficult trophies I've earned, this one required much more learning the game rather than repetition and muscle memory (a la I Am Bread). The Obelisk in particular took a great many goes because of the combination of puzzle difficulty and the RNG of the block types that appear - compared to that even stage 4 wasn't so bad. 

• Like 4

Made Man- Mafia: Definitive Edition

It wasn't all that hard except for the race segment. That one part brought upon me nearly three hours straight of restarts, bad luck, raging late night frustrations. Only pure persistent trial and error finally brought me across the finish line in first place. Everything else after that was a cake walk comparatively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

Guitar Hero Hits - 4* Through the Fire and Flames on Expert & hitting every note in Raining Blood sequences on expert too are ones I could never replicate now the closer to frailty I get with age.

Mad props!  I got really good back in the day and couldn't get either of these!

• Like 2

None have really taken that long, the only one that was a Time Grind was the Rayman Legends trophy.

I could list some that aggravated me.  Both the Red Ring Finder and Can't Touch This in Sonic Generations.  Not getting hit by the final boss is just ridiculous hard, since his attacks and stage are riddled with so much space garbage it's hard to see what the hell is going on.  The Red Ring Finder trophy...City Escape Ring 1, I mean come on here is IGN's description:

This next part may take a few tries --- you need to hit the next trick ramp in the center and adjust the length of your jump in midair to collect this Red Ring. Hit the boost at the end if you need to. Just be ready to hit that “Start Over” option from the pause menu a few times.

So a double jump, then adjust your jump in midair...so basically shot in the dark.

I finished NFS Undercover in 1 week so it's hard to believe there was something vicious about it, yet some of the police chases are total bullshit.  I mean there is no sure fire good way to escape in this game.  You could be required to do 20 cop car destructions, and be given like 15 minutes which is plenty of time, until you also have to Evade.  Then of course you are at the max level of heat by this point and evading is hard as well as the cops will chase you everywhere.  Even with the pursuit breakers their is always 1 cop that can travel 250 MPH just to never let you go, it's that one that you need to wreck after a pursuit breaker and then escape.  So damn annoying though.  

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FVMbJMLSOceQ%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVMbJMLSOceQ&tbnid=ezn32Eogsqx1bM&vet=12ahUKEwiSl9jSl-3yAhXCA50JHU-JD4sQMygAegQIARA1..i&docid=H6Mb7EhnRJsJsM&w=1280&h=720&q=sound shapes event horizon 1&ved=2ahUKEwiSl9jSl-3yAhXCA50JHU-JD4sQMygAegQIARA1

• Like 2

:gold: Risk-taker from the Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind dlc. This dlc turned KH3 from being the easiest plat in the series (now Melody of Memory) into the hardest 100%. The fights in this game and the post-game fights especially, with all the pro codes on, are the hardest fights I've ever done in video games. They are beautifully done fights, and the difficulty is almost severe with some of them, but it is SO good

• Like 2

14Ld5b75d.png

An ingredient to rule them all

Hit 10000 times! 

From My Name is Mayo.

This trophy... damn... I never thought I was capable of accomplishing it. Ten thousand times... I opened the game and played it a few times a day, it was months every day opening this game and playing the mayonnaise can 10 or 20 times, I never thought I would ever be able to achieve this feat and I'm proud , some people also performed the ps vita version and I take my hat off to those who managed it twice, this trophy deserves a special place in my heart and in my trophy cabinet <3

17Lab53b7.png

Wingate Whacker

Defeat the Wingate family. (GUN. SMOKE) from Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

Now in all seriousness this was the most important trophy in my "trophy career", I questioned myself if this hobby would be worth so much time and investment and why I was doing this to myself. the amount of stress and uninterrupted time invested was staggering, Capcom Arcade Cabinet has only a hundred people who have completed 100%, and I really feel pleased to remember that I am one of them. This trophy was described by hakoom as the hardest of their journey as well, in an interview given in 2017. It's a very unfair game, with an AI close to perfection, you can't find legitimate gameplays of this game on Youtube, they all use some kind of cheat and are edited to merely demonstrate the gameplay - that's because no one can play it. Hakoom said that his console was on for 2 ½ days straight, mine was only on for a day, there is no save option and only unlimited lives - this doesn't help much, but without it it would be impossible anyway. you wouldn't want to go through this game and not finish so you have to restart from scratch later, so just leave your console on and go to sleep, work etc and then come back from that point. I remember that I canceled an appointment because of this trophy, I had something in my head and I needed to finish because I was afraid of a power off or freezing, it was a horror. and I still feel guilty because I wasn't able to beat the last boss - the one in the trophy image - without making use of a bug I found on the internet. I really couldn't have done it without the bug, it took many hours of trying. there is nothing in my collection of over 15,000 trophies including some massive grinds and online games, fighting games etc that surpasses the difficulty of this trophy. The absolute, the only, the trophy god himself! ??

FNAF 2, golden Freddy mode. There's an element of luck to this one, since the night can be unwinnable if the wrong combo of animatronics enter the room at once, and there's no way of knowing which run is doomed until it happens.

FNAF Sister Location, golden Freddy mode. This one is more technically complicated, but entirely skill based. There are a lot of factors you need to juggle all at once, this one took me two solid weeks of practice to pull off, lol.

18L8ab31d.png

X-TREME Astro Admiral

Get an Astro Admiral rank on all the levels in the X-TREME difficulty

This trophy cost me a few hundred hours of practice, it's a rhythm game named Retro/Grade - a unique and different game even for its own genre - for this trophy you need to achieve perfection at all levels, there are hundreds of button presses in a few minutes, and some levels in particular cost me my sanity. This trophy is in my top 3 trophies that I'm most proud of! (Only 81 people completed 100% in Retro/Grade on the date of this post)

21Ld68c5a.png

MISSION POSSIBLE

COMPLETE 300 MISSIONS IN SINGLE PLAYER

For this trophy in BADLAND, you need to complete all 3 missions of each level, totaling 300 missions. It took me a little more than 3 years to finish the missions, some are really very restricted and there was little information on the internet about how to do them, nowadays more people have already managed it. this game's platinum is something else, it requires redoing all these missions in local coop, or through shareplay. maybe someday.

24L7b0f8f.png

Meticulous Collector

Acquire all items available in hard time attack

Shadow of the Colossus Playstation 3 version, this trophy was more difficult than usual for me, some colossi would require a supernatural effort to get the time lol, there was a single fight that I spent almost ten hours to overcome. This game was planned to be my milestone of #100 platinum, but I gave up at the time due to excessive difficulty and became my #137 platinum.

10Le8a629.png

The Shadows Rushed Me

Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore

oh, the infamous Max Payne 3 trophy.

there were 5 days of uninterrupted attempts - about 5 attempts per day - and the difficulty of this trophy is the unpredictability of some bugs mainly, 80% of my deaths were due to technical problems and freezes. therefore, there are people who will say this trophy is overrated, I say those people were lucky.

Idk what would be my hardest trophy, I haven’t played many actual hard games.

I guess it probably would be Mein Leben From Wolf 2, I ended up obtaining all trophies in a week but Mein Leben took me close to 2weeks of 1-3hr runs each day nearly.

I started getting so frustrated with it that I decided to just start Doom(93) while I did a run a day.

Eventually I did persevere and drove that axe deep in that nazi’s head, but man it was a rough journey to get there.

Tbh I really question if it was worth it cus the game objectively wasn’t that great.

Still felt good and it was fun learning a entire game inside and out.

Honorable mentions go to Catherine Full Body(Babel stage 2) Ninja Gaiden Sigma(all platinum coins) and DMC5(All S Ranks)

• Like 2

Bullet Girls Phantasia: What IS this stuff? Obtain all materials. I usually have nothing against grinding but this one nearly broke me. Over 300 different materials some of them with extreme low drop rates and only on specific missions on specific difficulties. The most of them come easy during the playthroughs or the grind for one of the other trophies but for the last 10 or so  I had to circle through the same 2 missions  (each with a completion time of ca. 2 minutes) several hours per day, for 6 days before I finally got the trophy.

• Like 2

"Challenge accepted trophy"

6Sa7829b.png

in mortal kombat xl, i spend 3 days trying to get that stupid shitty trophy because it's buggy as hell, people send me 20 challenge towers until i finally got it and for the moment i will do the platinum later.

3S08ca20.png

the becomes the master trophy for Titanfall 2 it's impossible for me, i want to do it but i uninstall the game i just gave up for the moment

54S42699b.png

the "gold team rules" on days gone, man the camp stealth stage was the hardest i spend 4 hours because i couldnt get 25000 points but i got it

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

17Lab53b7.png

Wingate Whacker

Defeat the Wingate family. (GUN. SMOKE) from Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

Now in all seriousness this was the most important trophy in my "trophy career", I questioned myself if this hobby would be worth so much time and investment and why I was doing this to myself. the amount of stress and uninterrupted time invested was staggering, Capcom Arcade Cabinet has only a hundred people who have completed 100%, and I really feel pleased to remember that I am one of them. This trophy was described by hakoom as the hardest of their journey as well, in an interview given in 2017. It's a very unfair game, with an AI close to perfection, you can't find legitimate gameplays of this game on Youtube, they all use some kind of cheat and are edited to merely demonstrate the gameplay - that's because no one can play it. Hakoom said that his console was on for 2 ½ days straight, mine was only on for a day, there is no save option and only unlimited lives - this doesn't help much, but without it it would be impossible anyway. you wouldn't want to go through this game and not finish so you have to restart from scratch later, so just leave your console on and go to sleep, work etc and then come back from that point. I remember that I canceled an appointment because of this trophy, I had something in my head and I needed to finish because I was afraid of a power off or freezing, it was a horror. and I still feel guilty because I wasn't able to beat the last boss - the one in the trophy image - without making use of a bug I found on the internet. I really couldn't have done it without the bug, it took many hours of trying. there is nothing in my collection of over 15,000 trophies including some massive grinds and online games, fighting games etc that surpasses the difficulty of this trophy. The absolute, the only, the trophy god himself! ??

This deserves a like from me dude. Definitely a real ball buster. Who knew old 1980s arcade games could have such hard trophies?

I remember goat simulator “flappy goat?” Taking me a few hours on a few separate days.. you need 10 points and I got 9 so many times. Then I got 17 after all that effort, and then just to annoy myself I tried again and got I think 14. Once I got the trophy it became so easy to get 10 points again. 
Also have a few call of duty platinums, just grinding it out. And Ark : Survival Evolved because it’s very hard to navigate through the command menu ?

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This deserves a like from me dude. Definitely a real ball buster. Who knew old 1980s arcade games could have such hard trophies?

Thanks man!! only those who went through the same know what I'm talking about haha

I got quite a few 0,xx% Ultra Rares in Zen Pinball 1 for PS3 and this is an absolute nightmare. I've played almost 200 games on the PSN and never did I find any game to be as difficult as that one. Compared to this, Brutal and Grounded in Uncharted and TLoU are a joke, Crash Bandicoot games feel like easy cakewalks, the coop trophies in Uncharted 3's DLC and GTA IV are a fun adventure, No Point in Dying in Limbo is a complete chillout, acing levels in LBP games is a breeze, getting Vegetarian and Cannibalism in flOw is a relaxing task and A-ranking missions in Hotline Miami is just some simple shooting.

I feel like I went through mental torture when I spent 17hrs to get one silver trophy. This game is a definition of anxiety and pain lol. People who rate plats 10/10 or 9/10 should try this one. Also, the physics in the first Zen Pinball are way worse than ZP2 (they love to send your ball to its doom) and you can't exploit the autosave.

Yeah, you could say, the game's low rarity comes from the DLC being removed from store and most people playing the sequel, also the trophy descriptions are confusing without a guide, but it's still really difficult nonetheless.

Edited by Sebulba2000

Ace Story Mode - LittleBigPlanet 2

I consider the trophy painful in the end because two levels in the story mode in the end, "Full Metal Rabbit" and "Where the World is Avalon Centrifuge" had pissed me off and made me rage up to where I went outside every time I could not handle it anymore because how cheap some of the platforming is in those two levels for me. But when I gotten through those two levels, I had relief that it is finally done with for good and the last two levels were easier and not as bad those two levels. 

Edited by mckbros

Fortnite's Plays Well with Others trophy
Complete 1,000 Play With Others missions

Having to coordinate with children for 250-300 hours in order to complete missions, was harder than any 9/10 difficulty game I've ever played. When I close my eyes I still hear the screaming... oh that loud never ending wailing.

Edited by VigilantCrow

15 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Fortnite's Plays Well with Others trophy
Complete 1,000 Play With Others missions

Having to coordinate with children for 250-300 hours in order to complete missions, was harder than any 9/10 difficulty game I've ever played. When I close my eyes I still hear the screaming... oh that loud never ending wailing.

Fortnite is fucking terrible. I'm glad these kids weren't around when World of Warcraft was the big thing. Not only did you have to develop the brains and muscle memory to do most of the raids, you also had to pay $15 a month, in 2006 - 2008 US dollars. Still a lot of assholes, because WoW was basically the most popular MMO out there, but that $15 a month price tag filtered out a lot of the stupid annoying kids.

If anyone wants to meet bitchy annoying kids, just play Grand Theft Auto V Online or Fortnite, PC or PS4/PS5.

Mad respect for that trophy. I can take on brutal challenges, but being forced to play online and coordinate with fucking losers, no chance. Main reason why I will never 100% GTA V on the PS4.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, ShadowGandalf said:

There are so many but if I had to pick just one, it would have to be

Trash Panic: Complete the game on HELL difficulty.

There are only 6 stages but they are SUPER difficult and IMMENSELY frustrating. And you cannot save and quit, you have to play all 6 in a single session or lose your progress. It took me.... no joke, from about 18:30 in the evening, all the way through to 9:31 the next morning to beat it. YES, 15 straight hours going through the night, stopping only for bathroom breaks. Stage 6 alone took 6 hours.

Many trophies have challenged my skill and perseverance, but this one challenged my skill, perseverance AND sanity.

Huge respect.

Trash Panic was the game that made me give up on 100% completion on my profile over a decade ago.

Yep, dick move by the devs to not put stage select in what is otherwise a wonderful, highly original game with a great OST.

I could never get past Stage 3.

• Like 1