How to unlock items/cars quickly?

ryuji_sakujo

Question:

Sorry if this seems blatantly obvious to most of you but how do I go about unlocking items and cars that I need for trophies?
It seems all guides that I've read assumes that the reader knows this.
Also due to the DLCs being paid for in the past and are now free there is a lot of outdated information when searching.

So anyone here that knows how to quickly unlock those items, would be helpful for me and other new players to know.

(My personal guess is keep playing online matches to advance in the battle pass? Or is there a quicker offline method?)

Answer:
Ok, so the quickest and easiest method seems to be:

• Purchase 500 credits (~5 EUR/USD) or why not the Rocket Pass for 1000 credits (~10 EUR/USD).
  • Get about 10 or more tradable items, the more items you can trade at once the better
  • Find a friend who has the same amount, the more items they can trade at once the better
  • Keep trading items back and forth, Stocked will pop within minutes
    • Car Collector still seems to be glitched, a workaround for the time being is backup your save to a USB stick or cloud, delete the save locally and launch the game to pop the trophy, restore save afterwards to regain your items, settings and progress

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

Was looking for the same answer. I remember playing a lot of time ago that  after every game the game usually  dropped You An item. Now it  apparently doesn't, so it could take us longer to archive this. Anyway, let's hope someone with more knowledge  sees this.

Edited by xBobo86

19 minutes ago, Thalactus24 said:

Same, at this pace the plat is going to take at least 50 hours + the car collector trophy which is bugged and who knows when are they going to fix it

Regarding the cars trophy,I red in aonther topics that deleting your datafiles(so uninstall and reinstall the game) should pop your trophy out. Didn't try this yet, but i sould consider it after completing the 50km wheels trophy.

12 minutes ago, xBobo86 said:

Regarding the cars trophy,I red in aonther topics that deleting your datafiles(so uninstall and reinstall the game) should pop your trophy out. Didn't try this yet, but i sould consider it after completing the 50km wheels trophy.

Yes but this topic/question is about how to earn items, not workaround for the glitched trophy.

1 minute ago, ShahinMiah said:

If you’re a beginner to rocket league, don’t focus on trophies. Instead, enjoy the game and have fun because it is really fun as you must’ve experienced so far. By having fun, these trophies will naturally come along the way so don’t even think about it 

None asked for an opinion on how to enjoy the game. I'm enjoying it while earning trophies efficiently.

Stay on topic please.

If anyone knows how to earn items/cars quickly, comment here please.

Other opinions or off-topic tangents, please don't bother writing here.

From what I know so far, the only way in the current patch is playing online, offline no longer rewards items.

And also afaik you need to spend at least $5 to trade with players in this game, that was implemented to prevent players from transferring items to their main account from alt accounts.

1 minute ago, Exeshow678 said:

Sorry this isn't a direct answer, but i've been playing RL since wednesday and i've gotten over 20+ hours into it and i need 3 more trophies for the Plat. and those trophies are the 5 cars one and collect 50 & 150 items, I would really like to know how to do it

Which game modes have you been playing mostly?
I'm guessing online. Casual, competitive? 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4?
Details are helpful.

On the latest patch, I don’t think that there is a fast way to unlock cars.

If you don’t want to grind for them though, find someone that has at least one tradable car and have them give it to you five times. This should unlock Car Collector. You can also do the exact same thing for the Stocked trophy.

I would offer to help if I didn’t give away my entire inventory a few weeks ago...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

On the latest patch, I don’t think that there is a fast way to unlock cars.

If you don’t want to grind for them though, find someone that has at least one tradable car and have them give it to you five times. This should unlock Car Collector. You can also do the exact same thing for the Stocked trophy.

I would offer to help if I didn’t give away my entire inventory a few weeks ago...

Is it possible to cloud save, trade away items and download the old save?
Kind of like "item duplication" in Borderlands?

5 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Is it possible to cloud save, trade away items and download the old save?
Kind of like "item duplication" in Borderlands?

I’m not too sure on that. Haven’t tested it myself but I would be willing to give it a go later on if it helps.

I also just remembered that I still have 500+ blueprints in my inventory. I will almost certainly have a blueprint for a car in there, which I will then be able to trade. I will be online in a few hours if you would like me to give it to you five times for the trophy. I’m also willing to help others as long as you just let me know on PSN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smzthyy said:

I’m not too sure on that. Haven’t tested it myself but I would be willing to give it a go later on if it helps.

I also just remembered that I still have 500+ blueprints in my inventory. I will almost certainly have a blueprint for a car in there, which I will then be able to trade. I will be online in a few hours if you would like me to give it to you five times for the trophy. I’m also willing to help others as long as you just let me know on PSN.

Blueprints also count as items?

21 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

I will be online in a few hours if you would like me to give it to you five times for the trophy. I’m also willing to help others as long as you just let me know on PSN.

Sure, there's also a forum thread dedicated to trading for those interested:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/40960-items-trading-topic/

I'll message you on PSN.

8 minutes ago, Thalactus24 said:

Here are some codes for free items: Popcorn.  Rlnitro. in Options-Extras-Redeem code

Thanks for the codes.

Those 2 you mentioned seem to be the only valid ones:

Popcorn

RLNitro

• Like 1

• Purchase 500 credits (~5 EUR/USD) or why not the Rocket Pass for 1000 credits (~10 EUR/USD).
  • Get about 10 or more tradable items, the more items you can trade at once the better
  • Find a friend who has the same amount, the more items they can trade at once the better
    • Car Collector still seems to be glitched, look for other methods to unlock it or wait for a patch
Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Yeah, but this only works if you have put money into the game, right?

As a free player there seems to be no other way than the grind..