Trophy Thoughts?

TheFluffeToaster

Don't quite know. While I'm certainly not averse to the odd spot of interstellar dogfighting, rather ironically, the actual literal wars fought among the stars isn't at all my favourite part of Star Wars. Whether I will bother at all will depend heavily on its difficulty and length, which is hard to gauge from a list alone.

• Like 2

I'll hang back to see what others think first, but if it plays anything like starfighter assault in the Battlefront games it shouldn't be too hard to get the hang of flying. There's one trophy that gives me a bad flashback to the first Battlefront though (Dealt the final blow to the enemy's flagship in a Fleet battle). I hope it's nothing like that because you had to be really lucky to be the one to get the final shot, even if you'd been dealing the most damage.

• Like 2

I'm actually very excited for this game, I do think that a lot of this you won't be able to do in VR, seems like A LOT of grinding for a VR pushed game.   

Dealing the final blow trophy defeating seems like it's luck based and whilst going for the 1,000 fighter trophy you should get this naturally. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Corey-Ferrell said:

I'm actually very excited for this game, I do think that a lot of this you won't be able to do in VR, seems like A LOT of grinding for a VR pushed game.   

Dealing the final blow trophy defeating seems like it's luck based and whilst going for the 1,000 fighter trophy you should get this naturally. 

The 1000 ship trophy says specifically in dog fights so I'm not sure if it counts, the ranked matches sound like a different mode altogether, regardless I look forward to trying to platinum this

• Like 1

Usually hate MP focused games but this has been the dream, a successor to TIE Fighter and X-Wing Series. A proper sim.

The only luck ones I can see being tricky are the two about 5% health and the last shot on a capital but that sounds like it'll happen at some point while playing for the rest.

PSVR, Flightstick, ready to tear the New Republic apart ??

Usually hate MP focused games but this has been the dream, a successor to TIE Fighter and X-Wing Series. A proper sim.

The only luck ones I can see being tricky are the two about 5% health and the last shot on a capital but that sounds like it'll happen at some point while playing for the rest.

PSVR, Flightstick, ready to tear the New Republic apart 1f604.png

• Like 3

I think it’ll be fun overall. I don’t think the grind will be too bad and yeah if it’s a really fun game it won’t get tedious for awhile. I’m also available for boosting anytime, and definitely gonna be looking out for tips and strategies to help us out with the Multiplayer trophies 

Hopefully the 1000 kills include AI enemies (if they exist). Battlefront 1 and 2 starfighter assault had AI's that counted towards the score.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, starfighter assault was my favourite mode but was relatively simple to play. Tactical power management (shields vs weapons vs engines) looks like it will add another layer of depth to the gameplay in Squadrons beyond the greater number of abilites and ship classes.

I really hope they capture the feel of the old X wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter games. I've been waiting for a remake of these games for years.

7 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Hopefully the 1000 kills include AI enemies (if they exist). Battlefront 1 and 2 starfighter assault had AI's that counted towards the score.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, starfighter assault was my favourite mode but was relatively simple to play. Tactical power management (shields vs weapons vs engines) looks like it will add another layer of depth to the gameplay in Squadrons beyond the greater number of abilites and ship classes.

I really hope they capture the feel of the old X wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter games. I've been waiting for a remake of these games for years.

I played alpha months ago and I'm pretty sure theres no IA on dogfight only 5vs5 players.

Prepare for easy +200 matches yup Not for me thanks

Edited by JhOnNY_HD