Games worth buying for PS VITA?

YeWeeScumBag

• 2 months later...

My recommendations are as follows:

The obvious ones:

Persona 4

Darkest Dungeon

Zero Escape Series (Zero Escape: the Nonary Games / Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)

More situational picks:

La-Mulana EX - This thing is the dark horse of the system. Incredibly challenging but fun old-school metroidvania. Surprised I don't see it talked about more often. Probably my favorite vita game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - If you're into challenging action games, this is a no-brainer and another iteration of the timeless classic. If you're easily frustrated or don't like character action games, give this a hard pass.

Muramasa Rebirth - Fun game with a gorgeous art style. No game will show off the magic of the Vita's OLED screen better than this one.

OlliOlli 2 - Fun 2D skateboarding game.

Stardew Valley - Your official transit game / time waster when you've got 15 minutes here or there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, diskdocx said:

Yep. There's a few I wanted that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy at full price. I'm also really annoyed I bought the Sly Collection new and sealed and it doesn't have Sly 3 on the card - you have to download it and the code expired 4 yrs ago. That's really shady. It's no where on the box that the code has an expiration date.

I assume you've tried to redeem the code. I've used codes several years after being expired and they worked. Or contact Sony (a mixed bag, hope you get a decent support person, I can't) 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, diskdocx said:

I know, I need to re-buy the full collection. So annoying.

If you can ask for a refund, buy this:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP9000-NPUA80665_00-SLY3US030100SHIP?smcid=psapp

Check the download list before downloading if the Vita version is there. If not ask for a refund, in Europe at least it's possible.

And in Europe all Sly's are still available separately for both consoles, and they do still mention cross-buy. I got my Sly for Vita and PS3 from a code inside a Sly Trilogy Vita original, and bough 1 and 2 later in a sale, and got both Vita and PS3 versions too.

3 hours ago, cris3f said:

I assume you've tried to redeem the code. I've used codes several years after being expired and they worked. Or contact Sony (a mixed bag, hope you get a decent support person, I can't) 

If you can ask for a refund, buy this:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP9000-NPUA80665_00-SLY3US030100SHIP?smcid=psapp

Check the download list before downloading if the Vita version is there. If not ask for a refund, in Europe at least it's possible.

And in Europe all Sly's are still available separately for both consoles, and they do still mention cross-buy. I got my Sly for Vita and PS3 from a code inside a Sly Trilogy Vita original, and bough 1 and 2 later in a sale, and got both Vita and PS3 versions too.

I don't think the versions are cross buy here. I'll have to check if I can buy Sly 3 stand alone on vita. I thought it was a bundle only.

And yes, I did try to redeem the code. Normally I don't worry too much and don't expect the codes to work, but if the case doesn't say that one of the games is only a download code, I think it's shady to have an expiry date. I didn't realize Sly 3 was a code - and there is absolutely nothing on the case to indicate that is the situation.

10 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I don't think the versions are cross buy here. I'll have to check if I can buy Sly 3 stand alone on vita. I thought it was a bundle only.

And yes, I did try to redeem the code. Normally I don't worry too much and don't expect the codes to work, but if the case doesn't say that one of the games is only a download code, I think it's shady to have an expiry date. I didn't realize Sly 3 was a code - and there is absolutely nothing on the case to indicate that is the situation.

Remembered something. Try the code on the Vita, web and other consoles. I had a few that were giving troubles in some places, but worked on others.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rpgboy1985 said:

Freedom wars, Arkham Blackgate, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice and Xcom Enemy Unknown Plus are ones I've played to death 1f601.png

funny how we all have different tastes

I hated freedom wars and the plat is almost impossible to get thanks to the rank 10 weapon  with you needing meterials then are more rare then winning lotery tickets

persona I just hate so much I feel persona 4 is my most hated game in my complete vita collection (I own a full set) and if I ever wanted to sell part of my colelction off persona 4 is the first to go

uncharted isnt relay my cup of tea dont hate it  or anything but its just meh to me.  same with batman.

soul sacrifice another terrible one I started it when i wasnt hunting and ragee quited it after earning I think 2 trophies or so  started it again last year rage quited again

realy dredding having to clean that list up this year for my goal (96% completetion)

to get any shot at 96% I need to clean up 71 trophies of my list and earn about a 1000 before the end of ths your (rough estimate because clearly golden trophies count for more) which will be relay hard considering I dont buy digital  I dont do ps4 or ps5 either.

x-com I never played so I cant judge.

I am more inclined to name games like ragnarock odycee god eater rainbow moon and rainbow skies etc.

• 2 months later...

These are the PSVita exclusives from my list. I highly recommend all of them except BigFest. Only listed that for it's exclusivity.

I definitely recommend buying MonsterBag and Murasaki Baby because those will be lost forever once the store closes.

Also note that games like Escape Plan, Gravity Rush, Tearaway etc. has separate PSVita trophylists but are also available on PS4.

BigFest

Killzone Mercenary

MonsterBag

Murasaki Baby

Resistance: Burning Skies

Severed

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13

Edited by dzstrpc

On 28/09/2020 at 0:28 PM, awf9495 said:

I found F and F 2nd to be easy plats, but X is beyond my skill level. Still a ton of fun though.

What made X hard? I only just recently played F(1) and found it easy like you said. Was planning to play the other games at some point.

9 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

What made X hard? I only just recently played F(1) and found it easy like you said. Was planning to play the other games at some point.

X requires completion of medleys (the most challenging songs in the game) on extreme difficulty. I was able to do all but one. Maybe you won't have any problems though.

Maybe look up a YouTube video to see if it looks feasible for you if not getting the plat is a deal breaker for you. Even though I couldn't, I had a blast with X and I'm glad I played it.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, DEI2EK said:

Do you care how lewd a game gets?

Dungeon Travelers 2 is fantastic and one of my favorite DRPGs of all time.

Would also recommend the Demon Gaze series, Mary Skelter (which i need to go back and play more) and the Operation Abyss series.

Senran Kagura is fun, three of those are on vita and so is Valkyrie Drive, another game by the same dev, along with Drive Girls.

Then the usual Gravity Rush, Persona, Ys, Atelier recommendations. Danganronpa too. Odin Sphere and the rest of the vanillware games on the system. Disgaea if you want to grind.

I'm so late to the party on Vita games. Most of this list is right up my alley but the games are all so expensive now. I'm definitely priced out when it comes to Vita games, what a shame. 

This is tedious.. 

Trying to compile a list of games that I need to buy. But taking some games off the list due to it having a physical copy. The price doesn't matter cause I know I can always play it. I'm just buying the DLC's for the ones that have a physical copy. 

My tip for everyone is..

Priority should be given to the PS1, PSP and the digital only Vita games.

And only buy the DLC content if the game had a physical release. But do buy the digital version if it's a limitedrungames(dot)com type of physical copy cause those are like $100+ 

• Like 2