Why do people hate Command Board?

I mean it, it is really fun... I understand that it can be repetitive, since you have to play 10 command boards with each character. (3 on the main menu and 7 in the Mirage Arena, and 10 if you are good and win withouth losing). It takes time, but in my opinion it is a great type of Monopoly/Tío Rico between Square Enix and Disney. It is really cool for me. What are your opinion? Do you enjoy these minigames as I did? 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It’s pretty Frustrating when you have to win on every board with every character for the records. Plus winning in the Mirage arena 7 times with every character. Not only that but the AI will pretty much roll a perfect dice when needed to screw you over at the last minute forcing you to try again. To add on to that the big boards will take a while (15-20 minutes) just to play them. If you lose then that’s another 15-20 minutes wasted cause the AI will **** you over 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 21.10.2020 at 9:03 AM, DiamondAN-94 said:

It’s pretty Frustrating when you have to win on every board with every character for the records. Plus winning in the Mirage arena 7 times with every character. Not only that but the AI will pretty much roll a perfect dice when needed to screw you over at the last minute forcing you to try again. To add on to that the big boards will take a while (15-20 minutes) just to play them. If you lose then that’s another 15-20 minutes wasted cause the AI will **** you over 

you probably dont need this anymore but the easiest way to win pretty much always on the command board is just to buy an insane amount of magic commands so you get tons of them during the command board game

you want to abuse 3 dices as much as possible and just run around the board to get many points quick

its what i do personaly and i dont even lose on the command board anymore

• 1 month later...

I'll tell you why, it's because you have to play them probably between 24-27 times between each character. You can't fast forward through enemy turns, some of the boards are really long, sometimes the computer turns it up on you especially on the secret board when the last thing I want to deal with is a challenging game of monopoly, there are board-specific commands, the Pete d-link, and none of the other minigames are as excruciatingly time-intensive and frustrating. It is NOT fun, and having to WIN the games for Mirage Arena ranks is abysmal, whereas in the main game if you play them and LOSE you can still get any command you acquire and the Pete d-link as long as you unlock him. In the Mirage Arena you can't even get Pete, even though he appears, which is absolutely genius and makes TOTAL sense. The stupid board game is the worst part of the plat in my opinion. It is dreadful, and having to do it so many times is just a joke.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

It’s funny. I just platted the original KH after 8 years today, and was wondering to myself why I never finished BBS. I enjoyed playing it. Hell, I even finished everything with Terra, who is the worst for fighting.

And then I saw this thread. The command boards were actually pretty fun…the first 5 times you played them. But doing it, over and over, for three different characters is what broke me. It’s certainly better than Fruitball, but at least that’s over pretty quickly for each character.

I’m reminded of Danganronpa 3. The little character developer game is also pretty fun…until you realize you have to do it for every character in the series.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it tbh, it takes a while per run but it's all-too-satisfying to stunlock enemies or send them into negative earnings with extremely expensive tiles of your own, plus it lets you unlock tons of powerful commands really early in the game. Favorite board is probably Neverland for the circle of death in the center, lol.