Games That Spam 'What's New' Feed on PS4

droppingtherock

These games have these updates as well: Doom 2016, Killing Floor 2, God of War III Remastered, etc. It doesn't bother me much, and for some reason they appear blank for me, like only a photo but no info whatsoever lol I dunno if it's an issue on my part, but it used to tell me what a certain update is about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

I usually play it in "appear offline" mode so it won't happen.

This.

If I plan to do a dozen or so ezpz plats, I make sure to sign in "offline". Nobody wants to see hundreds of trophies in their feed over the course of the day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Warframe

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

It annoys me a lot. What also annoys me are people who spam screenshots of "art" that almost have nothing to do with gaming. but regarding games that spam the feed, It annoys me so much I sometimes will go and delete them 1 by 1....or I play it offline.

5 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

I never even check that and I'm pretty sure none of my friends do either. Also, none of my friends care about trophies.

This^

1: I couldn't care less.

2: I rarely check it so couldn't say.

I've never seen the point of this feature, because I don't care what my friends play and they don't care what I play.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 0:25 AM, MandA60VISE said:

I never even check that and I'm pretty sure none of my friends do either. Also, none of my friends care about trophies.

i  never check it but alot of my online friends do. so i been trying to return the favor. its similar to the "like" system on any social media of liking pics and such. when i get a platinum i notice the same people like the post in whats new. i dont know how people have the time to browse it but some people only have a few friends added so they enjoy the feature. i have a few trophy hunters with a few hundred platinums and they like to give a thumbs up on platinums which is pretty nice. and also low level people who have less then 20 platinums seem to like posts in whats new because everything is new to them. i often dont use it myself theres just way to much to browse so if i have a slow day and im killing time ill go down and like everyones platinums i see or good games. 

but for the original topic, games like gta5 are def annoying as hell. i dont need to know when someone commited a in game robbery every 10 seconds or cleared a level that has no sort of achievement. it should stick to just trophies. at least with the trophies they lump them together

i think theres a app that displays the feed better or you can do it on pc i think and its not as cluttered. i imagine thats what most people are using when they browse it

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i  never check it but alot of my online friends do. so i been trying to return the favor. its similar to the "like" system on any social media of liking pics and such. when i get a platinum i notice the same people like the post in whats new. i dont know how people have the time to browse it but some people only have a few friends added so they enjoy the feature. i have a few trophy hunters with a few hundred platinums and they like to give a thumbs up on platinums which is pretty nice. and also low level people who have less then 20 platinums seem to like posts in whats new because everything is new to them. i often dont use it myself theres just way to much to browse so if i have a slow day and im killing time ill go down and like everyones platinums i see or good games.

Same, I have a friend that almost immediately gives me a like whenever I earn a trophy or share something so I sometimes try to do the same. I don’t typically look on there cause I don’t really like the interface, especially on the app version.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, Super_Mep said:

I can confirm that the PSVR still spams the what's new feed. I've had it since Christmas 2017 and every time I plug it in and play something it says I'm playing it for the first time 1f602.png

How strange. It doesn't for me anymore, but yeah, that's the same thing that auto-posted whenever I used it too. Do you have the latest system firmware installed? I feel like it stopped after one of those system updates.

1 hour ago, droppingtherock said:

How strange. It doesn't for me anymore, but yeah, that's the same thing that auto-posted whenever I used it too. Do you have the latest system firmware installed? I feel like it stopped after one of those system updates.

Yup I have the latest cuz it always forces me too update

• 3 months later...

man im trying to find something i can do to remove those from my feed i have that one "friend" who baught the division 2 when it was 3 bucks or something and hasn't played anything else since .he's been playing this for over a year now and im guessing 18hrs a day from the pollution on my feed (its all of my feed) and the worst part is that he unfriended me for no reason a i still have to endure this spam.i tried blocking his account with no results now i dont know what to do besides breaking into his house and smashing his ps4 ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DiezelWashington said:

man im trying to find something i can do to remove those from my feed i have that one "friend" who baught the division 2 when it was 3 bucks or something and hasn't played anything else since .he's been playing this for over a year now and im guessing 18hrs a day from the pollution on my feed (its all of my feed) and the worst part is that he unfriended me for no reason a i still have to endure this spam.i tried blocking his account with no results now i dont know what to do besides breaking into his house and smashing his ps4 1f602.png

If you’ve deleted someone or they delete you and you’re still seeing their notifications then it’s most likely because you’re still following them. Deleting someone doesn’t automatically mean you unfollow them as well so have a look at your list of followers and see if they are still on there.

• Like 1

I play a lot of Final Fantasy XIV Online, as well as a lot of the friends I have on PSN. In-game achievements (of which there are many) are posted every time you earn one, occasionally they will multi-post too. This ends up with me having to scroll for a few minutes sometimes to find anything that isn't related to FFXIV. ?

Well the What's new section isn't there on PS5, so that's good. I did like to use it to see people's trophy updates. However, I have a friend that plays The Division 2 pretty much every day, so I stopped looking at What's new on the PS4 because it was 99% updates on him looting things in that game. I wish they just had something like "Unfollow" on a game basis.No more DIVSION 2 SPAM!!

• Like 1